Page 2 of 199 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

1) We will not be dividing species into different factions unless they had more than one faction eg men with gondor, arnor, haradrim, easterlings etc.

2) No. Read the FAQ

3)We have unit lists, but we are not telling the public.

4)There will be a variety of rebel units, as this is the FOURTH age, and as such there are many wars and rebels. The orcs will get there own faction.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

1) Elves are too few to be more than one faction.
    2) No, we can't implement them into RTW engine. Same goes for ents, balrogs, eagles, fell beasts...
    3) What do you mean?
    4) Can't answer that.

Just ask more questions.

EDIT. Damn, can't delete this post! WHYYYY!?!?

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the replies.

What I meant under 3. question was how many unit types will there be in FA, not which ones. I'm quite sure you can't just give a list of all units and spoil the faction introductions. So a number is quite ok. If it's a big one... :laughing:

Do you mean like spearmen, swordsmen etc.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Figure 12-16 units, 1-3 captains/standard bearers, a general, lesser general, and female for each playable faction, a smaller number of new units (ie some will be recycled) for each unplayable faction, plus mercs (some will be recycled), plus local levies (many will be recycled). Gondor and Arnor will have close to a full unit roster when complete (many of them will be region-spefic units).

As for unit types, I'm not sure what you mean. There will be weapons of many sorts (spears, axes, swords, javelins, arrows), seige such as catapults and ballistae, wargs, mumakil, dogs, wolves, trolls, different types of cavalry, etc.

I consider a unit "new" when at least its weapon and a bodypart (helm) have been changed from another one, anything else (such as weapon swaps) I don't consider "new", I consider them recycled/reskins.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

I didn't think I was this vague.

I count a unit type when this unit is different from the next one. That's it. If you have two kinds of swordsmen (different in stats, appearance, whatever), than that's two unit types.

So I was asking for the total numbers of different units, the total of all factions. It doesn't really matter, I just hoped for a large number to impress me.

Umm, that's impossible to say ATM, but it will (I think) almost fill all the unit slots.

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

How are mercenaries going to be handled ?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Handled?

Mercenaries are a quite straight forward in coding terms...if you place them in a pool (geographic areas made up of one or more regions) then they are available for hire to ALL factions. As you can understand, this limits their application as not all factions would realistically be able to hire mercs of other races/nations. Elves, for example, would not recruit Orcs. Indeed, it is hard to believe Elves would recruit anyone.

For this and other reasons the mercenaries will be made up of mannish cultures of a neutral stance which gives us, in some instances, the ability to represent, or at least reflect the existence of, certain lesser groupings that have not found their way into the factions.

Due to the inherent weakness of some factions, Mercenaries will act as a good balancing factor. For example, whereas Gondor has a strong infantry the same cannot be said for its cavalry; its family members may indeed, then, seek to hire mounted mercenaries.

This does not quite give our full implementation of mercenaries, but it is the basis of it.

I hope this answers your question.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

When will you release the demo?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

After we've had to restart the unit coding three times (as the leading coder quit each time), finally the dedicated and hardworking Palantir has taken over unit coding, and its way past anywhere it has been at before. We hope to have a fresh inhouse playable (as opposed to the dirty last one we had) by Friday. So soon, very soon, you will have your demo (assuming nothing happens to Palantir, ie lightning, avalanche, abduction, etc.). Give us a break, that's still less than 200 days since we promised it!

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Will his mod be for vanilla RTW? 1.2 patch?

Achilles_47: The mod will be for BI, the demo for 1.3.

Apoc

Will Saelon be the leader of the Gondorian Rebels?

Saelon?
    Creator of:

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

We've not quite decided what to do with Saelon and the couple of other characters from The New Shadow - Apoc will probably have them pop up somewhere. But you assume much in placing him as a leader of any rebellion...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Yeah, your right. BTW, I wanted to thank you guys for making this mod, its definately my favorite mod. It combines my two passions, ancient warfare and LOTR.
    "Vanda sina termaruva Elenna*noreo alcar enyalien ar Elendil Vorondo voronwe. Nai tiruvantes i harar mahal-massen mi Numen ar i Eru i or ilye mahalmar ea tennoio."

I was wondering, will Herumor be the leader of the rebels?
    "Vanda sina termaruva Elenna*noreo alcar enyalien ar Elendil Vorondo voronwe. Nai tiruvantes i harar mahal-massen mi Numen ar i Eru i or ilye mahalmar ea tennoio."

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Professor420
    After we've had to restart the unit coding three times (as the leading coder quit each time), finally the dedicated and hardworking Palantir has taken over unit coding, and its way past anywhere it has been at before. We hope to have a fresh inhouse playable (as opposed to the dirty last one we had) by Friday. So soon, very soon, you will have your demo (assuming nothing happens to Palantir, ie lightning, avalanche, abduction, etc.). Give us a break, that's still less than 200 days since we promised it!

Friday!!! You mean the last Friday??? Is the Demo already out or is my english comprehension really that bad? If it is already out there, tell me. Eager to play it.

Edit: Oh sorry...inhouse. Now I get it. Just pretend this Post never existed.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Will there be Minas Itihl?