Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72 122 147 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Results 3,421 to 3,433 of 3433

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Why is it so hard to rebuild if it's just settled with men? What's the difference beetween Eregion and any other random man-settled region?

I mean lore/story wise.

I'd say because it's been just ruins for thousands of years. The memory of the place as a former Elven realm no doubt lingers, keeping away most Mannish would-be settlers. The Elven leader who re-settles it must convince his people (including Elvellyn) that it is feasible to try to recapture some of the former glory of a place that itself has something of a shadowed history (given its connections to the Rings of Power).

That's my personal take, anyway.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Seems reasonable. I forgot, can other factions rebuild it?

webba84's Avatar Praepositus

Nope
    Message approved by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Minor Factions.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Nope
    Come on, you know Dwarves would do a much better job

The Fourth Age: Total War - Dwarf and Rhun beta tester.

it is quite difficult to decipher the export_descr_buildings document, I would like to aim for the acquisition of some ancillaries, like Master Masons, that have project prerequisites, but nothing in the export_descr_buildings has the same label as in-game. Is it possible to get a cheat sheet, or, if one exists, to point it out to me?

You can cross-reference the in-game building names with their EDB label by looking in the 'text' folder for a file called export_buildings.txt. That's where the building descriptions get stored and attached to particular EDB entries. Do a search for the EDB entry in export_buildings and you'll be able to see the in-game building name (or vice versa).
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
    Come on, you know Dwarves would do a much better job
    Only if we wanted stone stepped pyramids inside a mountain
    Message approved by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Minor Factions.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

In my Tharbad campaign I have noticed that my first faction leader had Charter of Thrabad ancillary, while my next faction leader does not posses that ancillary. Is there any way I can gain the Charter back for later faction leaders or it is lost forever with the death of the first one?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It should pass to the new Merchant King. Did you allow a couple of turns for it to do so?
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    You can cross-reference the in-game building names with their EDB label by looking in the 'text' folder for a file called export_buildings.txt. That's where the building descriptions get stored and attached to particular EDB entries. Do a search for the EDB entry in export_buildings and you'll be able to see the in-game building name (or vice versa).
    Thank you count

I am not clear as to what effect of the Steward of Gondor ancillary has. Does this mod make use of "electability". Is that just a necessary but meaningless attribute? are there any negative consequences to my trading this ancillary between my generals?

A known bug, will be fixed with the patch.