Page 172 of 174 FirstFirst ... 72 122 147 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3471

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Why is it so hard to rebuild if it's just settled with men? What's the difference beetween Eregion and any other random man-settled region?

I mean lore/story wise.

I'd say because it's been just ruins for thousands of years. The memory of the place as a former Elven realm no doubt lingers, keeping away most Mannish would-be settlers. The Elven leader who re-settles it must convince his people (including Elvellyn) that it is feasible to try to recapture some of the former glory of a place that itself has something of a shadowed history (given its connections to the Rings of Power).

That's my personal take, anyway.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Seems reasonable. I forgot, can other factions rebuild it?

webba84's Avatar Praepositus

Nope
    Message approved by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Minor Factions.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Nope
    Come on, you know Dwarves would do a much better job

The Fourth Age: Total War - Dwarf and Rhun beta tester.

it is quite difficult to decipher the export_descr_buildings document, I would like to aim for the acquisition of some ancillaries, like Master Masons, that have project prerequisites, but nothing in the export_descr_buildings has the same label as in-game. Is it possible to get a cheat sheet, or, if one exists, to point it out to me?

You can cross-reference the in-game building names with their EDB label by looking in the 'text' folder for a file called export_buildings.txt. That's where the building descriptions get stored and attached to particular EDB entries. Do a search for the EDB entry in export_buildings and you'll be able to see the in-game building name (or vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
    Come on, you know Dwarves would do a much better job
    Only if we wanted stone stepped pyramids inside a mountain
    Message approved by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Minor Factions.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

In my Tharbad campaign I have noticed that my first faction leader had Charter of Thrabad ancillary, while my next faction leader does not posses that ancillary. Is there any way I can gain the Charter back for later faction leaders or it is lost forever with the death of the first one?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It should pass to the new Merchant King. Did you allow a couple of turns for it to do so?
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    You can cross-reference the in-game building names with their EDB label by looking in the 'text' folder for a file called export_buildings.txt. That's where the building descriptions get stored and attached to particular EDB entries. Do a search for the EDB entry in export_buildings and you'll be able to see the in-game building name (or vice versa).
    Thank you count

I am not clear as to what effect of the Steward of Gondor ancillary has. Does this mod make use of "electability". Is that just a necessary but meaningless attribute? are there any negative consequences to my trading this ancillary between my generals?

A known bug, will be fixed with the patch.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    It should pass to the new Merchant King. Did you allow a couple of turns for it to do so?
    Sorry, for late reply. If I remember correctly he has been a Merchant King for at least a decade now and I guess he has not that much years left before his son will replace him.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yes, I found it. An error on my part. It has been corrected for the patch. It affects a half dozen or so ancs. Thank you for pointing this out, those of you who caught it.

(edit: if you want to correct your versions then you need to go to the EDA file and comment-out the "unique" line in the anc declarations section for all instances of it).
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; February 09, 2016 at 05:06 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

This ancillary does appear to be bugged, and is planned to be fixed for the patch.

can somebody explain to me how to upload a saved game file. I have forgot how, if I ever knew.

I think this is how it's done:

Click 'Go Advanced' in the bottom right corner of the quick reply window, then click the paper clip icon ('Attachments'). Click 'Add Files' in the upper right, click 'Choose File', and then navigate to where your savegame files are stored - for me it's C/Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Rome Total War Gold/saves. Once you've selected the right save, click 'Upload' back in the dropdown window that opened when you clicked 'Add Files'. Then either Insert Inline or Done (bottom right corner).

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    I think this is how it's done:

Click 'Go Advanced' in the bottom right corner of the quick reply window, then click the paper clip icon ('Attachments'). Click 'Add Files' in the upper right, click 'Choose File', and then navigate to where your savegame files are stored - for me it's C/Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Rome Total War Gold/saves. Once you've selected the right save, click 'Upload' back in the dropdown window that opened when you clicked 'Add Files'. Then either Insert Inline or Done (bottom right corner).
    Thank you Count. This did not work. It was the first thing I tried. I am informed that the saved game file is not the right kind of file for uploading. I know it is possible because somebody just uploaded a saved game to this forum not long ago. I think it was concerning the Troll CTD. I think I may even have done this during beta testing. I have been looking though all my posts from that period (fun times) trying to see if somebody explained it there. No luck so far.

Edit: I figured it out! You just zip the file first. Where is that slapping forehead emoticon?
    Last edited by Wambat; February 20, 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Harondor's colours are a bit difficult to distinguish from Harad's, aren't they?