Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 126 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
Results 3,001 to 3,017 of 3017

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

CountMRVHS's Avatar Sagittarius

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Thanks, Jagmodo. I realize some players may ignore most of the in-game flavor text, so it's good to know someone will be reading it!

Rhovanion's preview will come, though probably not for a little bit. Beornings next, and then we may hop over the Misty Mountains to see what's brewing in the western lands. But I aim to go through all the factions of DoM and give them the same treatment.

The plan is to start a new thread for these previews, to keep them all in one easy-to-access place on the forums. As things change over the course of development, the thread may be updated to reflect those changes.

I'll probably get to the Beornings preview (in the new thread) in the next couple of days.

CountMRVHS blogs sporadically at www.medievaldad.wordpress.com

Basileos Predator's Avatar Princeps Prior

^^ sound good. These texts describing the various factions make us more and more eager to try the mod.Will be looking forward to see them in one thread
    d.

Thangaror's Avatar Princeps

West of the Misty Mountains?
    Ha, screw Rhovanion! I'll play The Shire first!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post

I certainly didn’t expected Northmanish influence in Khandian army. Most people go either with steppe - Mongolian inspired or medieval Rus inspired cultures.
    Uhm, the Kievan Rus were Northmen after all, am I right?

So, the assumption chain Variags => Varangians => Rus => Vikings => Northmen was somewhat predictable.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Middle-earth: Total War - Hérë Pelarcíryarwa - WIP Second Age mod

Jagmodo's Avatar Centurio

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Uhm, the Kievan Rus were Northmen after all, am I right?

So, the assumption chain Variags => Varangians => Rus => Vikings => Northmen was somewhat predictable.
    Yes, but as I have already written, I assumed they have chosen solely real Mongolian culture instead of Nortmanish as the base for Khand.

Based on Khandian units that we could have seen in TNS, I haven’t had a clue. Therefore, Surprise! Surprise! for me. If you managed to foresee/deduce combination of separate steppe and separate Northmanish culture/units, each retaining its distinct identity – great for you!

EDIT:
    I certainly didn’t expected Northmanish influence in Khandian army. Most people go either with steppe - Mongolian inspired, or medieval Rus inspired cultures.
    Maybe I had to put comma in the sentence you quoted to make it more understandable... - right about here ^.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; June 10, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Libertus

I've tried downloading the installation but when I click on the installer it just says "This file contains invalid data". Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

Aradan's Avatar Flame Imperishable

The file probably got corrupted during download. Try downloading again or from a different mirror.

Castilla and Leon's Avatar Libertus

Will the Dev Team will follow this map I found for the future developments of the mod?

Here's the map's link: http://aidanmoher.com/blog/wp-conten...nds_color.jpeg

My alters throughout the history: Phraotes of Persepolis (270 BC), Konstantinos Severokos (470 AD), Justino Paz (Middle Ages), Yamato Yoshiro (Med. Japan), Markus Varsanka (Renaissance to 1700s and Napoleonic era).

That map is both inaccurate and depicts the world many thousand years before our mod's timeframe, so we won't be following it, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Castilla and Leon View Post
    Will the Dev Team will follow this map I found for the future developments of the mod?

Here's the map's link: http://aidanmoher.com/blog/wp-conten...nds_color.jpeg
    To be honest, you couldn't find worse map of Middle-earth even if you tried...
    If you want more accurate maps of Arda by Ages check spoilers in this post:

LINK

To be frank, there’s no way devs will expand the map of DoM, even if they decide to develop it further in the future. There’s almost nothing known about the lands beyond, so everything would be only fan fiction without bases in lore. Also, almost all slots (units, factions, cultures, ...) will be filled, so nothing without groundbreaking Memory Editing that still needs much work. But even with that, larger isn't always the better.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; June 22, 2014 at 06:23 AM.

Out of curiosity, will there be an Aeglos in the possession of the Elves the mod? If yes, will Faction Leader model use it of it will it be just represented as a trait/ancillary?

Also, I don’t want to sound like I complain (again), but is there an option to mute/volume down music on your ModDB page? It’s OK if there is that option, but I honestly didn’t find it. Otherwise, it is just intrusive; especially if someone want to watch videos on it (Dev Diary), or listen to his music and read…

slew-foot devil's Avatar Libertus

What is the current situation of hordes? I remember reading that every faction could horde once, and then that this was no longer true.

Will the Shire be playable in the campaign? What are, roughly, their victory conditions?

Well, Shire is surely unplayable. It just wouldn't be plausible to have Hobbits conquering Middle-earth. Also, their roster is very limited.

I'm also very curious why you have turned off the "exile feature"? It seemed very nice in theory. I assume AI is just too dumb to handle it...
    Last edited by Jagmodo; June 29, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

CountMRVHS's Avatar Sagittarius

The current situation of hordes is that hording is available to Rhun and Khand only. In an earlier post, I had mistakenly said that all factions could horde, which was once planned to be the case.

Hobbits are unplayable. It would be quite difficult to think of reasonable victory conditions for the Shire faction, since they begin the game with all of the Shire in their possession.

CountMRVHS blogs sporadically at www.medievaldad.wordpress.com

Out of curiosity, will there be an Aeglos in the possession of the Elves the mod? If yes, will Faction Leader model use it of it will it be just represented as a trait/ancillary?
    Not atm.

Also, I don’t want to sound like I complain (again), but is there an option to mute/volume down music on your ModDB page? It’s OK if there is that option, but I honestly didn’t find it. Otherwise, it is just intrusive; especially if someone want to watch videos on it (Dev Diary), or listen to his music and read…
    That's something four our ModDB page manager (Feanaro) to answer.

I'm also very curious why you have turned off the "exile feature"? It seemed very nice in theory. I assume AI is just too dumb to handle it...
    Having it for everybody decreased the uniqueness of Rhun and Khand, plus there were some slight inconsistencies with the way the game creates horde armies and our unit balance settings.

Bercor's Avatar Supper's Ready!

The only way to mute the ModDB page music is muting your own computer. You can still see the Dev Diaries without the music in the background, though, if you click the "videos" option on the toolbar.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Pili Prior

Well, I don't think there is a way to tone it down or mute it. But the music only plays in the main page of the mod, and that means the only thing it will intrude on is reading the comments there.

Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War
    Finally Changed my Avatar

Yes, plus mod summary, and that’s what newbs look for, right? Without the option to turn off the music it seems a bit forced upon visitors.

Imagine the situation newb stumbling upon this mod while listening to his music. It would collide and he/she would have to turn off either the page he’s looking or his music (or both). Guess which one is more likely if he isn’t acquainted with the mod... When something is forced upon someone it soon becomes a burden.

Well, do what you think is the best, I won’t force my opinion on you.

Thread Information