Page 1 of 192 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fatsheep's Avatar Civitate

Default Ask Your Questions Here!

This thread is for questions, and questions only. If there is something you want to know about the mod, then this is the place to post. Please check the FAQ before you post here. We will try to answer all of your queries, though keep in mind that some things we might not want to disclose at this point in time.

Apoc
    Last edited by webba84; January 19, 2016 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh
    I still think Obama will lose. That or america has gotten so dumb we deserve him.
    - October 25th, 2008

Ihave a question that i don't think was anwsered by the FAQ. Will the castles from the books/movies be on the battle map?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

I think it was answered... I remember I read something like: The Hornburg will be quite easy to implement. However, Minas Tirith will probably not be in the first version although the team would like and will certainly add in in subsequent versions.

Cheers!!!

Sure, you COULD play any other mod. But The Crusades has so much more to offer!

fatsheep's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan
    Ihave a question that i don't think was anwsered by the FAQ. Will the castles from the books/movies be on the battle map?
    Yes.

-sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh
    I still think Obama will lose. That or america has gotten so dumb we deserve him.
    - October 25th, 2008

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

I've got a question.

Have army lists/tech trees been released, and if not, will they be? Released?
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

They will not be released.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Awww. Oh well. Great looking mod, by the way.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

I have been researching on your mod & I think it's supercool & all. but I think that you guys got the Haradrim & the Easterlings mixed up. because I've read the book & watched all the movies. is it based on the movie or your own vision of LOTR?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Spartan
    I have been researching on your mod & I think it's supercool & all. but I think that you guys got the Haradrim & the Easterlings mixed up. because I've read the book & watched all the movies. is it based on the movie or your own vision of LOTR?
    OK I'm going to be real mad at you! Have you read the FAQ? Apparently not. We're basing our mod on John Ronald Reuer Tolkien's (Is the last R reuel or Reuer?) work! (Of course). Why would we'we mixed up Harad and Easterlings? Harad are the ones that have Mumaks...
    You've watched the movies too much...

In the movie, they even gave the characteristic Haradrim banner, black serpent upon scarlet, to the Easterlings.

And it is Reuel.

Apoc

Is it going to have all the kingdoms? or just the ones seen on the big screen?

Arakorn, try to be more hospitable in our new home.
    But yes, for whatever reason, PJ switched the Haradrim with the Easterlings in many regards. The easterlings were mostly barbaric and uncivilized, the Haradrim were a rich desert culture, robed in scarlet and bronze. WETA made the Easterlings in scarlet and bronze, and the Haradrim an uncivilized desert/tribal culture.

Spartan, all major factions of Middle-earth will be represented ingame. The only real barriers that have arisen are the lack of different cultures available (for example, this is why we had to eliminate a Hobbit faction from the game).

Semisalis

Why did you decide to start a new forum here?

To get more publicity, Tom.
    Don't worry however, we'll still have our main forum at the SCC, where the dev. forum also is

ok, thanks

but, will their be elite units, like the Gondor Tower Guard & the Uruk-hai Berserkers?

if it's been answered in the FAQ, you have every right to be mad at me, cause I usually dont read them.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

How many different unit types will you have? Any hint as to which?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

We will have elite units, but we are not releasing unit lists.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

...But the fortnightly updates may reveal something to you.

And if the unit is mentioned in the book, you can be certain that we will have it.

Apoc

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok, more questions;

1) I read The hobbit (more than 30 times ) and LOTR twice. So I know there aren't as many different "species" (hobbits, dwarves, elves, humans, orcs, dragons...) as RTW allows factions. Will you be expanding them in ways of dividing "species" into more factions? For example; will the elves have more than one faction? Like wood elves etc? Same for others...

2) Will there be dragons?

3) Do you have an estimate of the number of unit types or is it too early to tell?

4) Will the rebels be orc units? That seems appropriate.

Nah, I could come up with WAY too many questions... So I'll end here. For now.