Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    Thank you for the research @Guedes.
    Made some other tests today. Actually, i'm almost sure now that what happens is that the bonus loot cap around +10%. That is why it seems to not work in BI since in BI all the loot ancillaries were buffed to 10%. In the mod theres the general hidden trait that already gives 100 and i checked other cultural trait give looting bonus too so the cap is already maxed out... thats why add more seems to not work.

My theory is that the sack code of the game is designed to be a population %. Since normally (without bonus) its about 90% of the populations, it probably caps when it reach 100%. When the designers made BI and buffed the loot, they probably forgot about this detail.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Nice testing, so do bonuses of 1-9% work?

Before it caps, yes, it works. But a 9% bonus hardly do any difference.

Btw, before i forget, is this intended:

charwound
    Trigger wounded_lightly
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition GeneralFoughtInCombat
    and GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle > 0.2
    and Trait Wounded < 4
    and CharacterIsLocal

Affects Wounded 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------

Trigger wounded_badly
    WhenToTest PostBattle

and GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle > 0.4
    and Trait Wounded < 4
    and CharacterIsLocal

Affects Wounded 2 Chance 100

Trigger wounded_seriously
    WhenToTest PostBattle

and GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle > 0.6
    and Trait Wounded < 4
    and CharacterIsLocal

Affects Wounded 3 Chance 100

Trigger wounded_grievously
    WhenToTest PostBattle

and GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle > 0.8
    and Trait Wounded < 4
    and CharacterIsLocal

Affects Wounded 4 Chance 100

I mean, the chances shouldnt be of 10?

If it is intended, you guys seriously should change it to some value between 5 to 10. The way it is now, its almost guaranteed that the general will get wounded if he battles and absolutely guaranteed if you auto-resolve because the AI just LOVE to use them in battle.

I changed to 10 and it worked like a charm, gameplay and realistic wise. Specially because the chance seems to work additionally, so if your general unit gets more than 80% HP lost its more probable that he will get wounded than if he got only 20% hp lost.

Also, you can almost kill entirely another character unit in battle and he wont get a scratch because he isnt the general and the wounds will only trigger with generals... however a simple charge with the general may wound him. Theres not a way to change it to apply to all the characters who fight in the battle (with the balanced chances, of course)?

I mean, that is some neat stuff considering those traits, how the char will heal faster if there is a healer building in the settlement and stuff, but the 100 chance simply kills it. Thats not neither good gameplay wise neither realistic at all....
    Last edited by Guedes; July 01, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

Anyone know if hidden attributes can be applied to lieutenants? 10% isn't much to work with, but if we could play around with 110% it might be worth exploring.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

I don't think Lieutenants can get traits of any kind, but my understanding of traits is very limited so who knows.

Guedes, I'm almost certain that those traits are not intended and we will be changing them in the next patch.

Anyone know if hidden attributes can be applied to lieutenants? 10% isn't much to work with, but if we could play around with 110% it might be worth exploring.
    I think you didnt understoon what i said. Maybe i'm using the wrong word. The limit is 10%, no matter what. You can use how many traits/characters you want, it wont pass from 10%.

Civis

Very amateur type question, but where can I recruit Kings Horsemen? I finally picked up the Reunited Kingdom, and instead of getting trounced I've been retaking the North and I've stormed Minas Ithil and Emyn Arnen, but they dont seem to appear on the building browser.

Can't recall, but do they require the Horse resource? I think we wanted them to be pretty restricted.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

They don't, but they do need the Eorling Horse trader specialization building, which IIRC is only available in Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guedes View Post
    I think you didnt understoon what i said. Maybe i'm using the wrong word. The limit is 10%, no matter what. You can use how many traits/characters you want, it wont pass from 10%.

Right, so the an unaltered general might get 100% of the normal loot, while maximum bonus would yield 110% (100%+10%) the normal loot. I was theorizing that negative bonuses could be use to expand the area of play from between 100% and 110%, to between 0% and 110%. This would make the attribute much more meaningful, but would only really be practical if the negative attribute could be applied to lieutenants, since otherwise the mechanic would be too easily circumvented.

I am not sure if the loot attribute can be reduced below 100%. I remember in my experiments that the -40% loot generals were getting as much loot as the +20% loot generals, but this is might be because both generals where still above the 110% cap.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

I'm pretty sure that, unfortunately, we can't add traits (hidden or otherwise) to lieutenants, and even if we could giving them negative pillage traits still wouldn't address the main question raised by Guedes as to if it was possible to somehow increase the amount of cash gained by looting.

Right, so the an unaltered general might get 100% of the normal loot, while maximum bonus would yield 110% (100%+10%) the normal loot. I was theorizing that negative bonuses could be use to expand the area of play from between 100% and 110%, to between 0% and 110%. This would make the attribute much more meaningful, but would only really be practical if the negative attribute could be applied to lieutenants, since otherwise the mechanic would be too easily circumvented.

I am not sure if the loot attribute can be reduced below 100%. I remember in my experiments that the -40% loot generals were getting as much loot as the +20% loot generals, but this is might be because both generals where still above the 110% cap.
    Thats not how it works. The loot trait will only trigger in the general unit. Even if you had negative looting traits in liutenants and other characters in the same army, it would only apply the looting bonus from the general unit. Also, i am almost sure that there is a negative cap of 90% of the population for loot. So ingame is something about 90-100 and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also, like webba said, it wouldnt change the maximum looting even if it was possible, so the problem still remains.

I am almost sure it could be created a script to increase overall looting in this mod. However i dont have neither the patience nor the kicks to create a script just for that. Also, one of the good things about this mod is the almost complete absence of scripts which seems to reduce significantly the ctd's and performance issues that the majority of script based mods seem to have.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Guedes View Post
    Also, one of the good things about this mod is the almost complete absence of scripts which seems to reduce significantly the ctd's and performance issues that the majority of script based mods seem to have.
    This is a very important consideration in the design of the mod.

What exactly does "Adūnabār" mean? Because i made some research and Adūna means "Dunedain", while "bār" means Lord in Adunaic. Dunedain Lord?
    Or strength of the west?
    abār n. strength, endurance, fidelity ◇ SD/431 ◇ (BAR) < E. BOR

adūn n. west, westward ◇ SD/247, 435 ◇ S. adūn (NDU)

I am referring to this word list I found via the Tolkiengateway:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?pref=2&pli=1

webba84's Avatar Artifex

'Strength of the West', or 'Strength of the Dunedain' is my understanding. MoN or Count could offer a more detailed explanation.

Civis

Since we are talking about lore, why does Far Harad have a Scarab Banner again?

I don't think I was involved in that decision, but I'd say because it seemed to fit the desert theme. The scarab was associated with ancient Egypt, IIRC - not that Far Harad should be thought of as Egypt, but, y'know, desert
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Far Harad broke away from Harad in the Fourth Age, so there is not history previous to the Fourth age to draw from. Sometimes young states just have to come up with stuff. My guess is that the cousin of the new ruling prince had a warehouse full of scarab flags he needed to get rid of.
    Last edited by Wambat; July 06, 2016 at 05:13 PM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

My guess is that the cousin of the new ruling prince had a warehouse full of scarab flags he needed to get rid of.
    I wonder how many times in history momentous and world-changing decisions have been made based on situations such as this.

My guess: all of them.