Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

No, but there will be Minas Ithil
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

NoldorinLord, is your sig in Quenya, cuz I noticed it looks alot like finnish!

Yup. Good Catch . Are you a Finn?
    "Vanda sina termaruva Elenna*noreo alcar enyalien ar Elendil Vorondo voronwe. Nai tiruvantes i harar mahal-massen mi Numen ar i Eru i or ilye mahalmar ea tennoio."

Yup! You?

Nah, I'm American.
    "Vanda sina termaruva Elenna*noreo alcar enyalien ar Elendil Vorondo voronwe. Nai tiruvantes i harar mahal-massen mi Numen ar i Eru i or ilye mahalmar ea tennoio."

Will Arnor, Gondor, Rohan and the Elves start out as allies, with military access and trade rights?

We still have to look into if you can make permanent enemies and so, but that alliance, if made, will exclude the elves ATM.

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Yes, I blieve the elves shouldn't be included there anyway. I have two questions.

1: Why include an obscure people such as the Variags? I barely ever heard of them beyond the fact that they were grim axemen that were present at the Siege of Minas Tirith.

2. Where is the fourth-age info coming from? Was the unfinished book started by Tolkien published infinished?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

1. we have included obscure people such as the variags to help add an even greater diversity to the mod.

2. some of it is coming frm the "New Shadow" short story in the unifinsihed tales i believe ( i haven't read it myself ). we are adding to this to create the storyline.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

So there is a book of Unfinished tales from Tolien himself?

Yes, it is called Unfinished Tales. You can read The New Shadow here.

Apoc

Alrighty. Keep up the good work on the Fourth Age!

Any problems with creating cities like Minas Tirith, and small settlements like Lothlorien?
    Last edited by Major König; November 18, 2005 at 12:56 PM.

PROFESSORPAUL's Avatar Senator

Yea, I have a question.

I installed your mod and did everything it said to do before your install the mod, but when I start the game, when the loading screen comes up, it just stops and freezes at certain spots. I'd wait for like 5 minutes for it to load, but the loading bar doesn't move at all.

".........." -Gordon Freeman

That sounds like the error you get when you don't rename (or delete) events.dat (not events.idx!) in rtw/data/sounds. Check that, and post back if it doesn't work, or you've already done it.

Apoc

I ah, did everything it said,to the letter,apart from dump000.1v,all I could find in data/menu/custom folder,was a mpeg dump0000 ,so I renamed it.
    The only historical battles I see,are the two which come with the boxed game.
    Help please.

Did you delete the files in the RTW\Data\world\maps\custom & RTW\Data\world\maps\battle\custom folders? And I am pretty sure Rome (not BI) comes with more than two custom battles.

Apoc

Yes done it all,I got BI,weird.
    *data/sounds/renamed event.dat file
    *data/menu/removed mpeg dump0000
    *world/maps/custom folder/deleted all inside
    *world/maps/battle/custom folder/deleted all inside.
    Then installed mod.

Do you see everything else? The new menu & loading screens, music, etc.?

Apoc

just the new loading bar and new quotes at start,nothing else different

Hmm, are you using the BI disc? If only the loading screen quotes show up, that might be it, because RTW and BI share quotes. You should be using RTW disc 1.

Apoc