Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 130 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3090

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2009
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Herumor, the Lord Black, referenced in The New Shadow is indeed, in our mod, the same sorcerer who was called the Mouth of Sauron in the Third Age.

Yes, rebels will be Orcs in mountainous provinces - chiefly the Grey and Misty Mountains.
    MasterOfNone is a novelist, a Lindsey Stirling fan and the mind behind Viking Invasion II, Norman Invasion, Gods & Fighting Men, and The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow. Find out more about him and his writing at www.facebook.com/AuthorDMAndrews. Please support The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men.

CountMRVHS's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

And the Orcs can be troublesome, too. My wife was beta-testing the Beornings and ran into an Orcish ambush west of Anduin - a full stack - on land she owned! She withdrew, but they pursued her and cut her army to pieces.

CountMRVHS blogs sporadically at www.medievaldad.wordpress.com

demagogos nicator's Avatar Pili
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    And the Orcs can be troublesome, too. My wife was beta-testing the Beornings and ran into an Orcish ambush west of Anduin - a full stack - on land she owned! She withdrew, but they pursued her and cut her army to pieces.
    Oh, that sounds really amazing! What difficulty did she play? Can not wait for the release. Also it is amazing that your wife is also beta-testing/playing, at least you have somebody to discuss your campaigns with Can not imagine that with my girlfriend.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; Yesterday at 05:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

She was playing the recommended difficulty - Medium campaign difficulty, Hard battles.

Yep, I'm very fortunate to have married a gamer girl.

Kamos's Avatar Renegade Minotaur
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I forget how restrictive the recruitment system is in the previous iterations of this mod. I know from reading some factions like Elves and Dwarves will have trouble recruiting outside home but what about others?
    Somehow I remember having a lot of trouble as Dunland the last time I played because I couldn't reinforce in Rohan. But that was so long ago I can't remember the details. Will I be able to assimilate other human regions to full faction rights with enough time?
    Logical paradoxes and giant dragons don't get on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Some factions will have an easier time assimilating than others.

Essentially, recruitment works like this: You have your homelands, where you can recruit your normal factional troops. Outside those places, you can recruit lore-appropriate (or at least reasonable) units for that region, depending on your faction. Sometimes, you'll be able to recruit some of your factional units outside your homelands. Getting full faction rights - i.e. being able to recruit your full roster - is something you'll only be able to do inside your homelands, IIRC.

So, similar to TNS but with some new tweaks.

Humanoid293's Avatar Munifex
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    Good question; I'm not sure if there is a single document that covers TNS and is readily available. That said, we could answer your questions.
    Taking you up on your friendly offer .

Is there some file or document within [TNS] where I can look up which Lordships are existing for RK, and how/when they are granted ? And, does it make a difference whether a Lord is in "his" town or Region or not ?

Some towns giving out 2 Lordships, like (iirc) Calembel granting "Lord of Lamedon" at one point, and then later, to another character while the Lord was away, granting "Lord of Morthond", is pretty confusing, as well as some of the Lordships not mapping to any Region I find on the Map...
    There was a time...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The lordships would be found in data/text/ancillaries - but there would be a lot of other stuff in there too, so it may take a little searching. As to the multiple lordships thing, I *believe* (it's been awhile!) that the idea is, certain settlements act as regional capitals, offering not just a lordship for the settlement but also a lordship for the region overall.

I don't believe it makes a difference whether the lord is in his own settlement (apart from the fact that he may have traits or ancs that affect governance in general). If you've played Viking Invasion 2 or Norman Invasion, you may remember a 'local lord' trait that gave additional bonuses and was granted after the lord spent at least a turn in his settlement. There will be a similar (but more in-depth) mechanic for DoM, so there will be a greater incentive for a lord to remain in his settlement. That will mean the decision of whether to use a character as a governor or a general will be more, shall we say, fraught.

Humanoid293's Avatar Munifex
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thanks for your answer . So I will look up the ancillaries file - first time for me to actually look into the GameFiles....

I have not played VI II or NI, but it sure sounds interesting . Though I am having my hands full getting to know RS II ( Macedon and Massalia 1turns running atmo), now learning FATW, and I havent even gotten around yet to buy a new Hardcopy of MTWII and Kingdoms to try out some MODs of those XD . Even though I am a TotalWar player since the origianl Shogun, I was absoultely NOT aware of the amazing and wonderfull world of MODs world around those games....so when I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago, it was like...no, better than 135 Xmases on one day. Since then, Im kindof unwrapping gifts .
    There was a time...

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2009
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ha, sounds like me - except I stumbled across the world of mods in 2004 (and I played my first computer game back in 1983 when I was a wee nipper!)
    MasterOfNone is a novelist, a Lindsey Stirling fan and the mind behind Viking Invasion II, Norman Invasion, Gods & Fighting Men, and The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow. Find out more about him and his writing at www.facebook.com/AuthorDMAndrews. Please support The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men.

Thread Information