Page 11 of 199 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Is there an edition of LotR: Total War that will work with RTW 1.5?
    I don't really want to go back to v1.2.
    Does LotR Total War work with RTW alone? Or do I need the Alexander expansion pack? I've heard that you miss out on some extras if you haven't got Alexander. Provided these 'extras' don't include a campaign mode, I wouldn't really mind. If they do, would it be worth buying Alexander solely for the purpose of being able to play LotR Total War? What's Alexander like as a game in itself? Does it add a new twist to Rome Total War?
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; March 04, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Iīd suggest you go to the LotR-TW forum, or the appropriate threats here on TWCenter and ask those questions there. This is about FATW, not LotR-TW.

However, I do have a question that actually does belong here: Will there be sprites for the new FATW units some time in the future? Iīve found (playing the End of Days mod) that they improve the performance (in terms of FPS) of a mod significantly, decidedly more than lower LOD models do.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Some sprites will not generate and some are hard to generate - but there are enough sprites in FATW as it stands to be able to fight large battles with no missing sprites : have you tried this and did it make a difference? I must say that on my machine I have never noticed any difference whether low lods or sprites be missing or not!

New sprites for new units will be added in 2.0 (not the next patch (1.9) but the one after) as it is quite a task and cannot be done on every patch.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I donīt know your PC specs, but on my 1.8 Ghz Pentium 4, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro those battles that involve a lot of units from Dunland or Rhun tend to lag severly on Large unit size, while normally battles on Large never posed a problem.

I am not entirely convinced that the lag problems are only due to missing sprites and lower lods (as I said, we have enough lower lods and sprites that some battles will not have any absent). The problem I notice is that when I switch to triple speed on the battlemap that the movement becomes jerky and things become sluggish. I've no idea why this happens.

Yes, I have that happen as well, no matter which version I play, the time speedup lowers FPS significantly.

Of course I canīt be certain, but Iīm pretty sure itīs the missing sprites, since itīs especially battles with a lot of units that lack sprites that slow down. The replay Elves versus Orcs from somewhere around here is a slideshow for me if I have the majority of the units within my field of view.

But I'm sure I've played battles where low lods and sprites have existed for many or all and still had the jerky effect...I'll have to test again (maybe you could too?)

I will, by the way, from wht Iīve seen in DMB, a lot of models already do have sprites in FE 1.7, my mistake for not checking earlier. However, for some reason, FATW seems to slow down more in big battles than other mods. Not that you can probably do a lot about it, it still leaves me wondering.

Which unit is best against spearman?

Riddermark Spears from behind. :wink:

I think only a better unit of spearmen can win against spearmen from front, archers could maybe shoot them to death..

is there a possibility in the near future that there will be a expansion/addon to include elves , dwarves and possibly hobbits?? sorry if this was asked earlier

Yes.

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

What exactly is the diffrence between FE and CI?
    And can I install both
    (in the guide it said it needed a clean rome file)

thanks for any reply

The differences between FE and CI are many - too many to mention - but the most major differences are a larger map, and two new playable factions in the campaign. There is no reason to install CI as everything that was in CI is included in FE, plus it has a much more complicated installation process.

Hope that answers your questions!

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis- View Post
    The differences between FE and CI are many - too many to mention - but the most major differences are a larger map, and two new playable factions in the campaign. There is no reason to install CI as everything that was in CI is included in FE, plus it has a much more complicated installation process.

Hope that answers your questions!
    It does, and thanks.

I was under the impression that CI was an beta "expansion" of FE.

Now i don't know where i got that idea.

i got a question. it seems when the reunited kingdom's faction leader died his ancillaries and heirlooms didnt pass on to the new king,i waited about another turn and it still didnt pass on and my new king has only 2 retinues with him.is my game bugged or do i have to wait some more?Also the steward of gondor Barahir i think his ancillaries didnt pass on to his son Baranor

Can u play FATW on RTW: Gold
    - Prince

Please look at instruction #1 of the installation instructions - don't be lazy. We cannot spend time responding to questions that we have clearly answered and can be found with a little reading.

Plus you already got your answer in the other thread.

(BTW, it's yes. )

Libertus

Hey everyone I'm back with a vengeance.
    First off, FE is excellent, just really outstanding work. Second I try to play through the game with Rohan set to Bullroaring and who is the first faction to attack me? Oh only Reunited Kingdom. WTF?! Answers people answers!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis