Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Well, the voice of the people has spoken, and so I must obey. Gonna be a nice change of pace to play as an aggressive faction at once. I haven't started recording yet as I wanted to make sure I could keep Herumor around- if he didn't respawn then I planned to always have him assigned to the king's heir so he could get to see the Fall of Mankind. Nice to know I don't have to do that much micromanagement, though. You'll see the first episode either this Monday or next Monday, since my Civ V scenario went to a abysmally. You might enjoy watching the last episode of that, judging by how much you adored my RK failure. And errors aren't really bugs, more lessons in humility for CountMRVHS.

Yeah, the two errors are the palantir one and also in the description of Herumor himself: "Who now know [sic] how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?" Took me nine months, but I finally caught you out. Yeayeahhhhh!

I was planning to assign a stack to protect Harandor from Harad. Apparently that stack will now be otherwise occupied, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkasthevaliant View Post
    "Who now know [sic] how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?"

I don't believe there is anything wrong with that sentence. And, yes, "errors" are "bugs" for this purpose. Thank you for your vigilance.

It is gratifying to see that Adunabar won the poll even without my cheating.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

The [sic] means something has been quoted exactly as it was said/written, and is usually used when the quote contains some spelling or grammatical error.

Yeah, the 'know' needs an 's'. I'll add that to the list.

Looking forward to the Adunabar campaign - there will be a lot to manage! Do you think you'll still use the small unit size? I don't recall much stuttering on the standard (large) unit size with your previous campaign.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    The [sic] means something has been quoted exactly as it was said/written, and is usually used when the quote contains some spelling or grammatical error.
    I am pretty sure both

"Who now know how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?"

and

"Who now knows how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?"

are grammatically correct. Which to go with would be a matter of aesthetics. It could be reworked to remove the ambiguity:

"Who knows how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?" or "Who, now, knows how much of the evil and misfortune that has plagued Middle-earth in recent years are his doing?"

Yeah, I think I'll still use the small size, especially if Olog-hai are lag-inducing. Having watchable video is much more important than the balance considerations. Alas.

It's not lag with the Olog-hai, it's (potential) CTDs... but not for everyone, and not every time. Playing as the RK, I've fought maybe half a dozen battles involving trolls and never had a CTD that involved them.

You could see how your system is liable to handle the trolls by setting up a custom battle with a lot of troll units and seeing what happens.

I had a Hill-troll based crash. Alas.

Argh. Have you already posted your system specs? That might help us figure out what's going on.

If Tulkas knew how to find his system specs then he would post his system specs. Yeah, there's a reason I didn't try to help MoN troubleshoot. But I was just attacking Amon Sul and I zoomed in on a troll and everything died, alas.

If Tulkas knew how to find his system specs then he would post his system specs. Yeah, there's a reason I didn't try to help MoN troubleshoot. But I was just attacking Amon Sul and I zoomed in on a troll and everything died, alas.
    try either, or both, of these:

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...-system-report

http://www.worldstart.com/generate-a...nfo-text-file/

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Hi Tulkasdederpyone on desktop one simply left clicks on "start" > right click on "computer" > scroll down to "properties" and left click on it...ta-ra!!
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Well, if you insist... Oooh, that was easy. The Tulkapotato uses an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @2.60GHz processor with 8.00GB RAM of which 7.70GB is usable in a 64-bit Operating System.

Civis

Lore Question: What happened to Elladan and Elrohir?

Short answer: Unknown.

Long answer: They apparently stayed in Rivendell after their father left, and their grandfather Celeborn came to join them after he left East Lorien. No mention of them after that. They may have taken to the sea with Celeborn, or they may have followed in the steps of their sister and become mortal men.

So, I've just recently downloaded this mod and started playing as Tharbad. Yet I'm completely perplexed as to why my faction income continues to go down even though I'm not increasing my military. In fact, my troop upkeep is going down because I'm losing troops in battle. I figured it might have something to do with governors, but even without governors, my settlement incomes continue to go down and I'm barely making any money now. Could anyone help me with this? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ooji View Post
    So, I've just recently downloaded this mod and started playing as Tharbad. Yet I'm completely perplexed as to why my faction income continues to go down even though I'm not increasing my military. In fact, my troop upkeep is going down because I'm losing troops in battle. I figured it might have something to do with governors, but even without governors, my settlement incomes continue to go down and I'm barely making any money now. Could anyone help me with this? Thank you.
    There are too many factors involved to give you a simple answer. I would suggest posting a saved game here, then I, or another knowledgeable player here, could tell you what is causing this.

ooji, are you at war with any factions? Which ones? What provinces do you own?

As for governors, you're right that they can impact income. I like to ensure that any governor is Competent or better. Sometimes I'll take a Poor Governor if he has other good traits.

Another factor may be buildings. In DoM, many buildings have upkeep costs that will drain your coffers each turn. This is intended to simulate maintenance and upkeep, and serves to nudge the player toward specialization. So if you've been building everywhere, that can actually hurt your income.

Good luck, and let us know the specifics!

Had a few weird rebellions in Arnor. I was playing the Elves, had Southern Arthedain rebel to the RK. OK, I understood that one. Just made me avoid the southern route in the beginning since I wasn't interested in keeping Sarnford yet.
    The other two were a bit strange. Lune rebelled to Rohan once. Well, they got horses, but I didn't really understand what connects them to Rohan besides that. And the third one I didn't get at all. The very northern settlement above Arnor North rebelled to Rhun. Is it intended like that?

That sounds very strange indeed. Normally, settlements should be rebelling to the rebels - the "independent peoples" - rather than other factions.

Are you playing the most current build?