Thread: Multiplayer Ideas

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon3 Multiplayer Ideas

I am very happy to hear that CA are implementing 1vs1 campaigns into NTW.

However would it not be possible to have more than 2 players? - I mean, the game needn'y be constantly running: The game could be 'saved'/paused until members returned to continue it. - Is this not possible?

Another thing: why don't CA make some minigames that could keep players entertained whilst waiting for others to play their turns, or why not allow them to browse the total war website/forums/related stuff on the internet through the game so that one does not get bored. - Maybe even allow players to upload their own music files or videos?

Another idea I have: I am quite heavily involved in RTW clans and frequently the clans have alliances and wars and they like to set up embassies on each other's websites and all that diplomacy. I was thinking, why doesn't CA make some sort of clan based application for the multiplayer, in which clans could form and start their own empire on some land and battle other clans or ally with others to expand their empire and trade resources and gain rank.

There could also be tournaments organised through this too between clans or players in which awards could be won. The clan idea could be more like a Risk based game and not so immersive as the grand campaign, because having real players counts as immersion.

Please give comments and feedback.

Evan

Default Re: Multiplayer Campaigns

To much work for CA apparently, and you can browse the web and do stuff online during the game, at any point in the game through Steam.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Mr. Scott's Avatar Primicerius

They could do0 that, but i don't want to wait 15 minutes for my tuirn. 10 years in the game might take ten years to do in real life :p
    Unless, they found some great way to do that. It would be really awesome to do so.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.” ― John Maynard Keynes

they should include 5 players minimum or its not as fun because the stupid AI controls the strong powers (Russia, Prussia, Austria, France and Britain). The small powers can be AI.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

is the multiplayer campaign only avaliable online or is it possible to manage a local hotseat campaign?
    like in kingdoms?