Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

I thought I had all the mods installed correctly, but just now Jerusalem emerged... (saw the .tga and the text announcing it in the game), yet I see no armies and can't see the faction in the turn list or the faction rankings/charts. And the AI and such was working fine.. ugh.. (I even checked the campaign script file.. it talks about jerusalem emerging). Is it because maybe I forgot to delete the rwm file? I thought I did.. meh

Edit: in my spare time I deleted the map.rwm file and started a Norwegian campaign so I'd be out of the way and Jerusalem still didn't 'emerge'. I only got the message.

Okay I just reinstalled SS w/ ultimate

first SSp1
    then SSp2
    3rd SS6.1
    4 RR/RC 6.2 P1 and 2
    5 RR/RC hotfix
    6 SS Ultimate

I just ran another 40 turns and I only got the message, not the actual emergence of the crusader states.
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; May 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Er, okay, I was running the 'filetask.bat' and it kept saying Access is Denied for each of the files. Could this effect Jerusalem's emergence? Btw I deleted the map.rwm file before I ran another 40 turns to 1100, so I don't think it's that either.

Meh, I've given up, Jerusalem won't emerge with at least ultimate.. I didn't even check the permanent arrows. Tired of switching to the MTW2 to end a turn

For me the crusaders emerged correctly, but it seems impossible to keep them alive..
    I gave them tributes and single payments but they cant retrain/recruit units so eventually their armies gets destroyed.
    I sacked Acre and Jerusalem and gave back to them and launched an "assisting crusade" on Gaza to distract Egypt, but we will loose eventually.
    And one thing i don't get, why doesn't the AI use boats when crusading? everyone i've seen is walking to the destination.

to those having emergence issues- are you using the mod with or without byg?

niklas- im going to probably be giving them alot more money soon. as for crusaders not using boats, that is a vanilla issue IIRC.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    to those having emergence issues- are you using the mod with or without byg?

niklas- im going to probably be giving them alot more money soon. as for crusaders not using boats, that is a vanilla issue IIRC.
    I'm not using Byg, haven't try it w/ the Byg folders actually.

I'm not using Byg. I am curious what does Byg IV add it seems pretty popular.
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno_cws View Post
    I'm not using Byg. I am curious what does Byg IV add it seems pretty popular.
    It has scripts which simulate where only a general/family member can recruit the upper elite and trained units of your faction, and captains can only recruit peasants/local militia. Also there is alot of scripts which portray the true costs of running a kingdom, making it alot harder for you, and, in turn 'helping' the AI since you can't field totally elite armies all the time etc.

Btw, it's really annoying to me I can't get Jerusalem to emerge... Is there some file that is most likely attributed to them not emerging? campaignscript.txt? I seem to have the right one and I've never installed Byg and I did the RC/RR hotfix and the Non-byg extracting folder in the Ultimate .rar file as well...
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; May 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM.

I just wanted to mention I finally figured out why the Crusaders weren't emerging... It's because Windows was only overwriting the top layer of folders. I told it to overwrite everything but I went ahead and check and the file size of yours was almost twice the one I had as my campaign_script.txt file. I don't know why it does that but I'm glad I know that now.

so is it working? just recently i had to fix the campaign script file in the nobyg version because the emergent script was lost in translation, and people with the nobyg version were getting everything exept the faction actually emerging.

i could check again but i thought i fixed it.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    so is it working? just recently i had to fix the campaign script file in the nobyg version because the emergent script was lost in translation, and people with the nobyg version were getting everything exept the faction actually emerging.

i could check again but i thought i fixed it.
    They're definitely emerging now. They took Jerusalem and then lost it a few turns later, refusing to defend it (they had several stacks they could've gathered around and repelled the one-stack Fatimids). I'm still happy I finally figured out it wasn't some data corruption or something really weird. But yeah, basically they're working like they were have supposed to.

Actually though is there a way to eliminate the script that a overseer is needed to build anything? I just find it a bit annoying and can't seem to find a way to get it out of the campaign script. (I have always allow building and recruiting checked, though) Isn't this only for Byg?? I really don't like having to wait two turns just to get to build stuff again.

Um, okay, now I can build stuff in Corinth without a overseer. This is getting very confusing. And now I can't. What would you recommend I delete to alleviate this? lol
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; May 29, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Does this mod work with stainless still 6.0 with add-on?

Artifex

jman47, did you alter ai income in your mod (byg version)?

I tried out late campaign, just changing the turn number, and after 24 years all ai factions except Scotland are bankrupt. Apparently something more than turn numbers needs to be changed...

Do you know they are bankrupt (statistics, hotseat control takeover) or is the diplomatic screen telling you they are bankrupt?
    Regrettably thats not a reliable inidicator as one might hope as this can also be a sign that the AI allocates all their cash into troops or buildings leaving nothing in the coffers.
    Basicly if they are still building they are fine. The real bad thing would be negative income.

Artifex

Regrettably thats not a reliable inidicator as one might hope as this can also be a sign that the AI allocates all their cash into troops or buildings leaving nothing in the coffers.
    Thats interesting, I do hope it is the case in my game. The diplomacy and statstics tells me they're bankrupt but I haven't tried any takeovers. I had noted a significant drop of enemy armies but later some appeared. Hopefully they are newly recruited rather than brought from other borders.

Furthermore the mod has not been tested with the late era, i didnt make any changes to the late era files.

Playing the late campaign is at your own risk ATM.
    - Thatguy

! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_campaign_db.xml
    ! The system cannot find the path specified.
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_character.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_missions.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_sm_factions.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\descr_sm_resources.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\export_descr_guilds.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\export_descr_unit.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\text\historic_events.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\text\historic_events.txt.strings.bin
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\eastern_european\eventpics\Jerusalem Emerges.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\eastern_european\eventpics\SACK_AI.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\eastern_european\eventpics\SACK_PLAYER.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\greek\eventpics\Jerusalem Emerges.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\middle_eastern\eventpics\Jerusalem Emerges.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\middle_eastern\eventpics\SACK_AI.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\middle_eastern\eventpics\SACK_PLAYER.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\northern_european\eventpics\Jerusalem Emerges.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\northern_european\eventpics\SACK_AI.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\northern_european\eventpics\SACK_PLAYER.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\southern_european\eventpics\Jerusalem Emerges.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\southern_european\eventpics\SACK_AI.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\southern_european\eventpics\SACK_PLAYER.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_events.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_byzantium.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_cumans.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_england.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_hre.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_milan.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_moors.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_turks.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_venice.tga
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\eastern_european\eventpics
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\greek\eventpics
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\middle_eastern\eventpics
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\northern_european\eventpics
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\southern_european\eventpics
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\base
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps\campaign
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\eastern_european
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\greek
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\middle_eastern
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\northern_european
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui\southern_european
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world\maps
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\text
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\ui
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data\world
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg\Data
    ! C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\StainlessSteelUltimate(2).rar: Cannot create folder StainlessSteelUltimate\StainlessSteelUltimate NoByg

I got these errors when I tried to place the no byg thing in the Stainless Steel folder

Artifex

Furthermore the mod has not been tested with the late era, i didnt make any changes to the late era files.

Playing the late campaign is at your own risk ATM.
    I know you didn't change late era, I meant to ask you only as an experienced 2tpy modder about what would need changing.

Have you thought of making a version starting at 1100? The crusader states would be interesting to play, and they have cool units. Their armour is a bit shiny though. They will need sunglasses to spare the eyes from reflections .

I've been playing the later era as England for about 120 turns. Population growth is very high, before a settlement upgrade is finished it's already reached the next target. Castles have a huge problem with becoming over populated (even without upgrading the farms), and squalor sets in you end up needed 3/4 stack army just to keep it under control.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

maurogti's Avatar Foederatus

Hey, can you help me? I don't know how to up my economy in the game, I've installed SS more RR/RC, Really bad AI and more this mod.
    I am in the 9th turn with Portugal and my money keeps going down Help
    ...Be whitout fear in the face of your enemies, speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death, safeguard the helpless and do no wrong...