Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

So I installed a clean file of SS v.6.2 I then installed "SS Ultimate no BYG", and overwrote the files in my SS data folder, with those in the "SS Ultimate no BYG" data folder.
    My question is, is the RR/RC mod in SS Ultimate no BYG, the latest version? And inside of SS Ulitmate, (other than BYG, which I didn't want), are there any changes from the regular RR/RC?
    Thanks for your help

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Hi,

Installed this and tried Byz for the first time ever... is it normal that im loosing 300,000 coin a turn? starting balance of -1 million or so...
    Or as im hoping ive done something wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by OldHoplite View Post
    Hi,

Installed this and tried Byz for the first time ever... is it normal that im loosing 300,000 coin a turn? starting balance of -1 million or so...
    Or as im hoping ive done something wrong ?
    I was trying to incorporate XAI into this mod on top of StainlessUltimate 6.2 etc and now every starting faction is down by several or at least million every time as well. I checked the descr_strat.txt file in the imperial_campaign folder under world and each of the starting factions still has like 10k denarri, not the crazy -3 million coffers.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

After deleting my Mod/ss folder for the 100th time in 5 days i looked at the actual size of it, about 6 gigS - about the same size as the vanilla version right? Im glad you guys dont work for CA, id never get anything done. From what i've read on the forums, this is what my MTW2 install process shoud look like

SS 6.1
    SS 6.1 patch
    SS 6.2 compilation
    SS RC CC compilation
    SS RC CC Hot fix
    SS APR 1
    SS Ultimate

After SS ultimates install do I take the BGR 1V a Byg AI folders and drop them the contents back into the data? I tried with order I have there and most of the BgR script events were not popping off like they were supposed to ( And had a sudden flury when I dropped that data back into the folder) I notied that when I combined the regular ( not the no bgr) folder and your data folder most of the xml.s over wrote each other. Am I using the wrong mod?

Excellent work by the way. You deserve a god damn medal for all your hard work

Amazing work by the way
    Last edited by Seraph07; May 19, 2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Also for bgriv to work best should I dump the byg AI folder into data too>?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph07 View Post
    After deleting my Mod/ss folder for the 100th time in 5 days i looked at the actual size of it, about 6 gigS - about the same size as the vanilla version right? Im glad you guys dont work for CA, id never get anything done. From what i've read on the forums, this is what my MTW2 install process shoud look like

SS 6.1
    SS 6.1 patch
    SS 6.2 compilation
    SS RC CC compilation
    SS RC CC Hot fix
    SS APR 1
    SS Ultimate

After SS ultimates install do I take the BGR 1V a Byg AI folders and drop them the contents back into the data? I tried with order I have there and most of the BgR script events were not popping off like they were supposed to ( And had a sudden flury when I dropped that data back into the folder) I notied that when I combined the regular ( not the no bgr) folder and your data folder most of the xml.s over wrote each other. Am I using the wrong mod?

Excellent work by the way. You deserve a god damn medal for all your hard work

Amazing work by the way
    Thanks!

the order goes-

SS 6.0 part 1 and 2
    SS 6.1 Hotfix.
    SS RR/RC which INCLUDES 6.2
    SS RR/RC Hotfix apr 1
    SS Ultimate.

If you want to use the BYG IV version, you have to install the BYG files that come with the compilation BEFORE you install SS Ultimate with BYG, but after you updated to the april 1 hotfix.

You dont install 6.2 and then RR/RC, because RR/RC includes 6.2 and you dont need to install twice.

I hope i am clear this time because all the questions seem to be about installation.

Regarding the money issue- if you installed properly the problem should not come up. I had the problem originally and when i reinstalled everything it was fine.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

-Edit
    Thanks for the quick response. Speaking of which, i have a small amount of experience doing a few small mods on ETW, your version is extremely stable, and ridiculously easy to install.

Yeah I knew the money issue was my fault, i was just looking for a quick 'delete that file answer' instead of a reinstall.

My final order for a HRE campaign had my order had BYG going in next to last, with your mod last. I think their are some minor conflicts with your mod and BYG ( nothing when you consider your making 6 gigs of custom content all work with each other ). The only major differences in the BYG and Ultimate was Ultimates DB.xml file was quite a bit smaller than byg's.

Lastly the BYG AI folder, can I use it or does your mod make it obsolete.

Again great work.

ok, so I have v6.2 fully installed, and I want the newest RR/RC BUT NOT BYG. How can I do this?
    SO I have this currently:
    Everything up to SS v.6.2 (installed)
    Stainless Steel Ultimate (uninstalled, still a zip file)
    RR/RC Oct. 30 version

You will have it automatically once you install RR/RC. You have to take an extra step to get the BYG scipting features.

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Regarding the money issue- if you installed properly the problem should not come up. I had the problem originally and when i reinstalled everything it was fine.
    Thanks for the tip sir, just wanted to be sure before i did the mass reinstall .

Hi,

Jman47 did RR/RC be uploaded to filefront or another alternative??

Saludossss

pes, you got a pm about that

You will have it automatically once you install RR/RC. You have to take an extra step to get the BYG scipting features.
    I still don't understand, so should I just install Stainless Steel Ultimate? Will that give me JUST the latest RR/RC version (which I want)?

The Turk as you keep jumping topics on that issue I'll quote myself from the other one...
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Tell us your install order. Don't install the 6.2 patch after october 30 and april 11 patch.

On a sidenote if you already opened a own topic with your questions it would help to not spread the same questions into other topics especially if you received a answer. Please followup that answer with another question if its unclear. Spreading the same questions over several topics only wastes time.
    The correct install order is as mentioned by jman
    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Thanks!

the order goes-

SS 6.0 part 1 and 2
    SS 6.1 Hotfix.
    SS RR/RC which INCLUDES 6.2
    SS RR/RC Hotfix apr 1
    SS Ultimate.

If you want to use the BYG IV version, you have to install the BYG files that come with the compilation BEFORE you install SS Ultimate with BYG, but after you updated to the april 1 hotfix.

You dont install 6.2 and then RR/RC, because RR/RC includes 6.2 and you dont need to install twice.

I hope i am clear this time because all the questions seem to be about installation.

So to get the latest version you do everything thats bolded by me. You will then have RR/RC without BYG. If you so chose, you can then install SS Ultimate as a final step. Installing Ultimate alone will not install RR/RC.

oh ok, thanks for your help
    Last Questions:
    1. Is if SS Ultimate includes the latest April 11 patch?
    2. I already have v6.2 installed on my computer, do I need to uninstall it or does it not matter at all?
    3. Where can I find the SS RR/RC AND SS RR/RC Hotfix, where can I install them from (but I cannot use Megaupload, since it does not provide for my service area )
    4. How can I play late era hotseat?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    oh ok, thanks for your help
    Last Questions:
    1. Is if SS Ultimate includes the latest April 11 patch?
    No as it is an addon for RR/RC.
    2. I already have v6.2 installed on my computer, do I need to uninstall it or does it not matter at all?
    As answered in the other topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Its originally intended for 6.1 (see the release topic) but as it includes parts of 6.2 and based several repoted that it does (again see Oct.30 release topic) it should.
    So... yes, it will most likely work. If it doesn't, you have to reinstall 6.0, 6,1 and then complete the RR/RC steps.
    3. Where can I find the SS RR/RC AND SS RR/RC Hotfix, where can I install them from (but I cannot use Megaupload, since it does not provide for my service area )
    See your Megaupload does not work for my area, and other questions... topic.... http://inkleined.com/m2tw/ has the above files.
    4. How can I play late era hotseat?
    I'll let someone else jump in here. This crossposting is kind of fun but tiring and in the end a bit redundant...

I'm starting think if someone puts up a SS main folder on a torrent with all the right addons etc, this would simplify things alot.

finally got it working for some reason load order was an issue. But now that it is going it is great. Thanks a bunch and great work!

-Edit
    Thanks for the quick response. Speaking of which, i have a small amount of experience doing a few small mods on ETW, your version is extremely stable, and ridiculously easy to install.

Yeah I knew the money issue was my fault, i was just looking for a quick 'delete that file answer' instead of a reinstall.

My final order for a HRE campaign had my order had BYG going in next to last, with your mod last. I think their are some minor conflicts with your mod and BYG ( nothing when you consider your making 6 gigs of custom content all work with each other ). The only major differences in the BYG and Ultimate was Ultimates DB.xml file was quite a bit smaller than byg's.

Lastly the BYG AI folder, can I use it or does your mod make it obsolete.

Again great work.
    Since i Use byg IV, i also use Byg AI. you should be able to use it no problem, it shouldnt cause any problems with the mod.

PM me with any inconsistencies/conflicts that there may be so i can take a look. as long as they dont kill gameplay though that is what is important.

Also i want to thank everyone who is helping with the people having install problems, i am constantly busy and can only come by here so often.

since it appears that this version is stable i am going to start compiling the goals for the next version. However i would like to know if people would like a new thread, something to the effect of 'SSUltimate R&D' or for me to use this thread for discussion on more additions as well.

I am favored to starting a new thread, keeping this one for any more troubleshooting/bug reports, and any hotfixes. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for all of your continued support, it means the world to me, and is the best reward for all of my hard work, besides getting to play it myself!
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Artifex

jman, I played an early Sicily campaign and suffered a save game crash (CTD when loading a game) around 1107. Is that related to the crusader states sieging or anything else you know of?

Furthermore, I play with BGR and still make lots of money in the beginning (with Sicily I had over 132 000 and 12 provinces constantly building). Perhaps the building costs should be increased - some seem to have doubled while others seem fit for 1tpy. I don't think unit costs need altering since the upkeep works every round regardless of the year.

Also, the AI has begun to overestimate the value of settlements, almost constantly refusing to sell land but also paying ridiculous sums to buy. Is this related to your mod?

Similar to Maltacus, I too am suffering from a Save game CTD with England after the crusader faction arrives. I get the event then next turn after the ai do there thing I had a few moments then ctd, and now both my auto and my regular save game ctd on load.
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb