Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    pes,

you need the latest version of SS 6.2 with RR/RC, and the april 11 patch. then just download my mod and copy/paste.

the first part of your post is perfect but the second part is messed up, might want to check your translator program.
    Thanks jman

download several files, but I cannot download this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300716
    because I do not have an account in megaupload.com (it is delayed very much and to the moment to finish the unload there goes out for me a mistake for which exedi the limit of time)

There is another page wherefrom coming out?
    I wait that this there stayed without faults

Unloaded I these files: StainlessSteelUltimate, SS_RR_RC_HOTFIX_APR11 and these version of 6.2: Stainless_Steel_6.2_RC4

Thank you very much!

saludos!!
    Last edited by pes; May 06, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Quote Originally Posted by pes View Post
    There is another page wherefrom coming out?
    I wait that this there stayed without faults
    Try alternative download

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    asks for user and password

The website the alternate download is on tells you what to put for it.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Finally got time to play this mod and it's great! Stainless Steel BYG IV just wouldn't be the same without this mod. Just one question though. If you're a Catholic faction and you take the Holy Land befoere the Templars emerge, will they still attack you? I know they would in the older versions of this mod...
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

The website the alternate download is on tells you what to put for it.
    The problems follow me xd

" A connection was necessarily closed by the remote host. It can owe to that the application of the remote host has been stopped suddenly, the host has been restarted, or for there being " closed his connection to the whole Internet "

I do not understand what it wants to say.
    Forgive me for so many questions xd

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Finally got time to play this mod and it's great! Stainless Steel BYG IV just wouldn't be the same without this mod. Just one question though. If you're a Catholic faction and you take the Holy Land befoere the Templars emerge, will they still attack you? I know they would in the older versions of this mod...
    Unfortunatly yes that is still the case. i dont know the command prompt to make it so they wont attack a settlement if it is held by catholics, so at least for now that will have to be an acceptable glitch.

In order ot combat this i usually call a crusade on a settlement they wont take, like gaza or damascus, as a sort of 'support crusade' because currently they are getting mauled without some support by the fatimids and turks, which is historical but not after 15 years of existence.

since it seems that everything is working well im going to be compiling my list of goals for this mod in future releases, some may be short-term and some may be long-term. im currently not sure whether to open a new thread for discussion or not, to keep this thread clear for release info and bug reports.

The problems follow me xd

" A connection was necessarily closed by the remote host. It can owe to that the application of the remote host has been stopped suddenly, the host has been restarted, or for there being " closed his connection to the whole Internet "

I do not understand what it wants to say.
    Forgive me for so many questions xd
    no problem im happy to help. im not to sure about the alternate links since megaupload has never been too annoying for me.

i could, with permission, upload the RR/RC files to filefront which is much better, i know many people have requested this because Rapidshare and megaupload are very draconian in their download procedures.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

no problem im happy to help. im not to sure about the alternate links since megaupload has never been too annoying for me.

i could, with permission, upload the RR/RC files to filefront which is much better, i know many people have requested this because Rapidshare and megaupload are very draconian in their download procedures.
    Thank you for your response
    And I believe that serious the better thing to lower it for filefront, serious of great help

A question your are the creator of this mod?

saludos

Hi there
    I really wanna give it a try, but if a new compilation update is out and cover the old file as usual, will there any problem?

thx

Filefront habitually corrupts the upload of larger files - thats the main reason why there is no RR/RC or 6.0 mirror on filefront anymore. As for draconian... two 45 second times should be all you get with megaupload, it even allows resuming of downloads in a specific window of time.

Artifex

jman, this mod looks very nice but I have some questions;

1. Is Crusader states playable? If they emerge at 1100 how does it work?

2. How will 2 turns per year affect turn waiting time (with and without BGR active)?

3. In what way do you need a high spec computer, is it just for the larger unit sizes or is it other things as well that change notably?

EDIT: 4. Is the ageing altered as well?
    Last edited by Maltacus; May 09, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Filefront habitually corrupts the upload of larger files - thats the main reason why there is no RR/RC or 6.0 mirror on filefront anymore. As for draconian... two 45 second times should be all you get with megaupload, it even allows resuming of downloads in a specific window of time.
    I see i didnt know that. Megaupload isnt the worst, however i still think its against the spirit of file sharing and downloading mods if the hosting site tries to badger you into paying for them when you will likely only use them for said large files than go to filefront for small ones.

jman, this mod looks very nice but I have some questions;

1. Is Crusader states playable? If they emerge at 1100 how does it work?

2. How will 2 turns per year affect turn waiting time (with and without BGR active)?

3. In what way do you need a high spec computer, is it just for the larger unit sizes or is it other things as well that change notably?

EDIT: 4. Is the ageing altered as well?
    1. the crusader states are not playable in the early campaign. you could play the late campaign however i havnt modded the late one at all. When they emerge they spawn five full stacks, one of each going to jerusalem, acre, antioch, aleppo, and edessa. they also spawn 5 priests for these regions, and a diplomat in italy to try to get help from other catholic factions. This is done solely through the campaign script.

2. It is the same. i havnt had any worse waiting times then when playing without this mod. Turn times usually have to do with the size of the script, as well as the number of units the AI has to mull around. the size is roughly the same as without this mod for the respective BYG and NOBYG versions, so turn times are still long but that is per normal in SS. they arent any longer however.

3. Just the larger size units. some people may experience slowdown with the large units combined with high graphics. you could always turn down your settings if you experience any slowness.

4. Aging was always set for a 2tpy format. that is why in vanilla and mods that leave the tpy ratio the same have generals living so damned long. This mod fixes that by having 2tpy rather than speeding the age of generals.
    Last edited by jman47; May 09, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
    - Thatguy

I see i didnt know that. Megaupload isnt the worst, however i still think its against the spirit of file sharing and downloading mods if the hosting site tries to badger you into paying for them when you will likely only use them for said large files than go to filefront for small ones.
    Of course one-click hoster nag their free users. Thats their business model.
    Fileplanet bagders worse and has mandatory registration and hasn't received as much flaming as I've seen for Rapidshare here
    (I know this mod isn't mirrored at Fileplanet but plenty of others are). The free filefront is slow as hell and unreliable for larger files.
    Now MU is out for bagdering? Even a ftp mirror is provided but we still have this discussion?

I'm basicly sick of reading complaints about MU and RS. Please provide alternatives guys and if possible upload the files there.
    When filefront was going down more then a year ago I created a RS mirror and linked a few http ones. Taking a break for half
    a year and coming back that still was the situation - only a lot of complaints more but no new mirrors. Same for the 6.2 installers,
    SS 5.1 and SS 4.1.
    Don't blame the sites for beeing annoying and badgering when in reality users themselves go against the spirit of file sharing.
    That spirit is what jman offered here - suffering through "bad" download sites to upload it elsewhere. So join the RR/RC torrent
    (if its still live) or revive it. Have a free hoster that works better for you? Upload it there to help others like yourself.
    Modders won't bite your head off if you do that. Just ask & help.

Sorry for going offtopic - this is turning into a red flag topic for me. Keep up the good work.

1. the crusader states are not playable in the early campaign. you could play the late campaign however i havnt modded the late one at all. When they emerge they spawn five full stacks, one of each going to jerusalem, acre, antioch, aleppo, and edessa. they also spawn 5 priests for these regions, and a diplomat in italy to try to get help from other catholic factions. This is done solely through the campaign script.

Oh crap I'm screwed. I'm on a crusade to Jerusalem with Poland and plan to capture those other settlements the Crusaders are going to attack. Are you saying I will have to deal with 5 whole armies attacking me?

lol yea, but just imagine being the fatimids

if you dont have them all before 1100, when they emerge just destroy them peicemeal.

even without catholics attacking them ive had trouble keeping them alive with just dealing with the fatimids and turks.
    - Thatguy

lol yea, but just imagine being the fatimids

if you dont have them all before 1100, when they emerge just destroy them peicemeal.

even without catholics attacking them ive had trouble keeping them alive with just dealing with the fatimids and turks.
    lol at least some consolation. I don't think I'll capture too many settlements before 1100, just maybe jerusalem, ancre ,and gaza. After all, Poland is kind of weak, and I need to build up my forces... that limited activities script is really hurting me. Despite playing on VH/VH on BGR, I have a stockpile of
    40 000 cash by now in like 10 turns into the game, and I can't spend a penny of it because I have no governors in my cities, only 3 generals and they're all campaining, and if you leave troops without a general they'll all desert eventually... it's a vicious cycle. LOL

I know its a hell of alot of fun, but hard as hell. ive actually been playing a vanilla campaign just to wind down a bit.

you will just have to deal with jerusalem and acre for now, so thats good, just keep it well garrisoned and you should beat the sieges.

theyll still take the three cities in the north but you will easily get them. one of the biggest problems is they go bankrupt with all of the forces and cities that are mostly muslim in hostile land. i might have to script them more money just to keep them afloat.

definitly take gaza too, its the fatimids only early castle and taking it will deprive them of their best troops for some time.

you said your good on money because of the script, but let me ask how you think the economy is in general. I think it is pretty well balanced now, and the AI has no problem expanding in my games. By 1100 most rebel settlements are taken care of. it might be a little too easy though because all the AI have boundless wealth.

let me know more of your impressions
    - Thatguy

Im sorry if this question have been asked before, im new so ss and its a pain in ass to read this all through when you are at work .

If i got that right I need to install SS 6.2 then RC/RR October Version+latest update and then this complication?

I would like to have the full effect of SS without looking for submods for hours.

Thank you very much in advance

You install the SS 6.2 RR/RC compilation, with the aprill 11 update, then this mod.

RR/RC includes SS 6.2, you dont need to install them separatly.
    - Thatguy

I know its a hell of alot of fun, but hard as hell. ive actually been playing a vanilla campaign just to wind down a bit.

you will just have to deal with jerusalem and acre for now, so thats good, just keep it well garrisoned and you should beat the sieges.

theyll still take the three cities in the north but you will easily get them. one of the biggest problems is they go bankrupt with all of the forces and cities that are mostly muslim in hostile land. i might have to script them more money just to keep them afloat.

definitly take gaza too, its the fatimids only early castle and taking it will deprive them of their best troops for some time.

you said your good on money because of the script, but let me ask how you think the economy is in general. I think it is pretty well balanced now, and the AI has no problem expanding in my games. By 1100 most rebel settlements are taken care of. it might be a little too easy though because all the AI have boundless wealth.

let me know more of your impressions
    I just have allot of money for two reasons: first of all, I can't build any buildings (though I set for the Al to recruit troops for me), and second I trick factions into giving me money but saying I will attack a faction for a certain price (asking like 1000 to attack one faction), though I never do live up to my promises. I call it "clever diplomacy".