Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Yep. I get of on Thursday. Was kind of hoping this mod would be done by Easter... oh well.
    I just got off today. I'm all eager and ready to go on recording and editing my new Holy Roman Empire Saga Campaign...

...except it turns out that Germanicu5, the guy who wrote the Battle AI for this mod, is going to fix the 'sallying problem' (I have videos that demonstrate it too). Since it borders on a gamebreaker, I'm waiting on him to update it It's a little trickey going in depth into tactics when the opponent just stands there. Stands there. And stands there and picks his nose while you charge the left flank of his general's body guard unit and kill his general right off the bat

Ah well. My Kingdom of Aragon Livestream campaign will keep me nice and busy till then.

PS: Are javelinmen -supposed- to turn and throw all their javelins at a cavalry unit that's charged and split them in two, right after the charge? That -reallyreally- hurts.
    "If you pick the lesser of two evils, there's still evil"
    -Michael Savage

Producer of Total War Tracker

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Hi everyone. I had to register real quick to ask you something. Whenever I try and edit the values of anything in the EDU I get a CTD. This only happens with this compilation. I can't change anything. Range, attack, cost, etc. I have no idea as to what is causing this issue. If anyone knows a possible reason for this, I would appreciate the help. I'm trying to balance the units to my liking. (I prefer much longer battles, so I wanted to adjust a couple things). Thanks in advance.

-Pwill8

Hi there, when i extract the File and copy it (noBYG version) into my Med2 Folder and overwrite all old files, i can't start the game.

But before i did it, the game was "clear" and playable, the order i installed the files was:

Med 2 Gold
    STST 6.0 part1
    STST 6.0 part2
    STST 6.1
    RR/RC part1
    RR/RC part2
    STST 6.2
    (at this point, the game is playable)
    and your file STST Ultimate
    Last edited by p3tz; March 27, 2010 at 03:41 AM.

First, you don't need to install Stainless Steel 6.2 because I'm reasonably sure its included in this mod compilation, perhaps that is where the crash is coming from?

Also, its not a good idea to play this currently as it hasn't been updated since before the February 28th patch, meaning that your early campaign will doubtlessly be killed by the Mongol Emergence or Teutonic Emergence siege script bug. So best just to play the Stainless Steel RR/RC for now with Ultimate, since the maker of this mod hasn't been in here in a couple months.

To my knowledge ... 6.1 is what the RR/RC is modded for not 6.2 .
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat-tail View Post
    To my knowledge ... 6.1 is what the RR/RC is modded for not 6.2 .
    No. Point Blank's RR/RC download has the SS 6.2 incorporated in it. It says in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerVX View Post
    Also, its not a good idea to play this currently as it hasn't been updated since before the February 28th patch, meaning that your early campaign will doubtlessly be killed by the Mongol Emergence or Teutonic Emergence siege script bug.
    Actually, it still seems to work fine in combination with Point Blank's march hotfix. I've tested it, and in my campaign both emerged without a problem. The only thing I am not sure about is if KoJ appear at all - they never showed up in my game (even though I did remove the map file, as adviced.).

Basicely, just install 6.0, install 6.1, install Point Blank's RR/RC compilation (don't forget to run the filetask batch file) , install march hotfix (and run filetask2 batch file), install Ultimate, and it should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Housman View Post
    Actually, it still seems to work fine in combination with Point Blank's march hotfix. I've tested it, and in my campaign both emerged without a problem. The only thing I am not sure about is if KoJ appear at all - they never showed up in my game (even though I did remove the map file, as adviced.).

Basicely, just install 6.0, install 6.1, install Point Blank's RR/RC compilation (don't forget to run the filetask batch file) , install march hotfix (and run filetask2 batch file), install Ultimate, and it should work fine.
    The problem is that the campaign_script that Ultimate comes with will override the newest March 21st one, which will then reintroduce the mongol/teutonic order emergence siege script bug. If you try this, your game will likely crash around the time when either of these factions emerge

Strange, like I said, I am playing a campaign with Ultimate, with the march hotfix, and both have emerged without a problem.

What version of Battle For the Baltic does this use?

I would just like to give some feedback for this mod, in case the developer ever comes back and decides to update it. I really do like this mod, but it does have some drawbacks.

I'm playing my second campaign with this mod now, and this time I have been playing with fog of war off just to check and make sure whether KoJ would appear - and they did not appear at all. Now, this may be a result of having the march hotfix for the RR/RC compilation, or it may not. But it does lead to the rather unfortunate circumstance that Egypt has it extremely easy.

And that sort of thing can result in:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You may notice I am in a bit of an odd position for Kiev, but that's because the first thing I did was to move my empire northwest and to make Turku my new capital. But that's beside the point. The point is that Egypt is already heading for a solid win this early in the game. A cunning alliance with the Kwaz. empire saw to it that the Turks were sandwiched quite early already, and the Roman empire lost all its possessions in Turkey quite quickly already too.

Now, these sort of things can happen, of course, but it is made rather a lot easier by the fact that there is no KoJ to hold up Egypt for a bit. Even in vanilla Stainless Steel I've always felt Egypt was rather ridiculously strong compared to the other factions, and without KoJ they seem to really be able to steamroll their way to victory. So I would suggest that if the developer plans to return to this mod, he might want to adress this issue.

Then another thing I've noticed; for some reason the AI has a really, really hard time developing its towns. I've barely seen any of the AI factions even build so much as a stone wall, even when it comes to their capital cities. I'm not sure why that is; it might not be able to cope with the new population requirements or perhaps it is something else. But it is a rather large flaw.

Despite these flaws though, I have to say I really do enjoy the slower pace. I do actually enjoy that certain factions just get more of a chance (like the Kwaz. empire, which usually only enjoys a short sunrise, and then gets gobbled up quite quickly by the mongols). So I really do hope the developer of this mod returns to iron out the flaws, and it would really be the perfect mod for me.
    Last edited by Housman; April 01, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Fixing typo

Jeez, I really hope jman isn't dead LOL!!!

Я думаю, что JMAN позволяет этому спать.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Hey guys, im sorry ive been so absent, i recently got a new job and was only able to check the forums ever so often for some political debate or such. i havnt really had time lately to work on the mod, but i might be able to do some work on it in the next few days. here are my priorities-

1- Updating the mod to the new path for RR/RC.
    2- Figuring out the bugs with the KOJ emergence. Housman The bug you mentioned seems to happen because despite deleting the map.rwm file, after you start a new game it works only for that one, but any new game after the the KOJ will either emerge but not take the settlements, or not emerge. In my game they emerge, but it seems the settlements they target are reset as no longer being horde_target, even though they are set that way in the file and the map.rwm regenerating should make them permanently that way, after you start a second game they seem to default back to normal and the KOJ armies start wandering the desert again. it also may have to do with being updated, and your specific bug may be fixed with an update to the march hotfix, we will have to see.
    3- continuing to Improve the balance in growth and finances.

Thanks for your patience guys, be sure to report more bugs you have in this thread. I am by no means a master modder and have rather taught myself everything ive learned, so feel free to offer any guidance you may have as well. I really view this as a community project, as i do not nearly have the skills of some of our best modders, who unfortunatly dont have time to make mods to my specifications, after all, they have lives and are people, not drive thru clerks taking orders for mods to be delivered!
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

It's just good to see you back, at the very least! I'll see about taking note of any and all bugs I find since I put in a -lot- of playtime, and I use this mod for my livestream channel - I can get a chipper audience member to assist with that.

Is the mod, as is, currently compatible with the latest version of Stainless Steel? I have a fair number of my audience who wish to install this mod and some are reporting problems getting it all installed. I will not touch my own version because I do not want to accidentally corrupt / lose access to the save files for the campaigns I stream.
    -Michael Savage

Thanks Dougem its awesome to hear my mod is getting some exposure! It currently may or may not be compatible with the latest hotfix, im going to be looking at the files from the hotfix in the morning and see what may need to be updated. After any necessary updating is done I'm going to streamline the OP to make sure this is just one solid link, rather than the main download and several fixes, hopefully it will be done tomorrow as ill have all day to work on it.

then its on to working on any more bugs with the emergence of KOJ on turn 40. currently i can get it to work but not consistently on my system. I'm most interested in bugs from that event, since many others that have been reported are simply issues that SS has had for a while.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Good to have you back man!

Alright Jman, I need your help here.

I installed your mod entirely as is in roughly early February late January, and I use it as the basis for my Total War Tracker livestream campaign as mentioned above. I have two campaigns, one at around turn 113, the other at turn 15 - and my 113 turn campaign is CTD repeatedly and consistantly at the end of the turn interim.

The game year is 1132, and I and my audience believe that it is a faction emergence issue. I wanted to ask you a couple things -

Can I safely update my mod to the latest version of SS 6.2 that was recently released?

What hotfixes should I install to try to get around this?

If my long-run campaign is repeatedly CTD' that clearly is a problem for my show If it comes to it, I will reinstall it all and start over if I have to, but I'd like to try to avoid that if possible.

If you want to see the issue as it happened, go to http://www.livestream.com/totalwartracker and view episode 14 of the KoA campaign, and look at the end of part 2.

Thanks in advance.

-TheDougem
    -Michael Savage

+Rep
    Fixed some crashes i was having in RC/RR - Much appreciated.

Hi guys,

Ive updated my game version to the april 11 patch, and everything seems to be working ok, the only real changes needed were in the script.

Howevere there is a new problem where the Money you have when you start a campaign is -19,000 or something like that.

Ive heard of this before but cant remember where, and the forum search isnt having any luck.

maybe someone else knows about this as well?
    - Thatguy