Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Hy mate i just wondering one thing...if i'd like to play the late era campaign using the 2pty mod you linked above will i have the compatibility with BGR IV?
    Cause i remember that 2pty mod wasn't compatible, i asked in that thread...and if not, are you thinking to adapt your mod to the Late era too?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Hey jman, well apparently it is the settlement mechanics file that alters the income of cities.

So i was wondering is there any chance you would be able to upload a mechanics file that changes the growth rates but not the income?

Hy mate i just wondering one thing...if i'd like to play the late era campaign using the 2pty mod you linked above will i have the compatibility with BGR IV?
    Cause i remember that 2pty mod wasn't compatible, i asked in that thread...and if not, are you thinking to adapt your mod to the Late era too?
    Thanks in advance.
    Currently i have no plans to be working on the late era campaign. im still working out the economy in the early era for starters. i could take a look at balbor's late 2tpy files, and see about adapting those files to BYG IV. since i know alot of people like the late era i may do it, but at the same time i dont want to be trodding all over his hard work. the late era 2tpy mod is his, so i may adapt his files for BYG for but let him put it in his thread. well see.

Hey jman, well apparently it is the settlement mechanics file that alters the income of cities.

So i was wondering is there any chance you would be able to upload a mechanics file that changes the growth rates but not the income?
    Ill take a look at the regular income values and the 2tpy ones trinity worked on. like with the growth im likely going to have to find a happy medium if the differences are large. The reason growth is lowered is to prevent huge cities and citadels by turn 100 out of the 1000. income im not so sure, ill look at it and hopefully it will be ready in an hour or so. It will also be save-game compatible.

EDIT- the income has been adjusted. see if it works better! the fixed file is in the original post.
    Last edited by jman47; February 06, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

This would be really great mate! Anyway i will enjoy my time in the early atm, thanks to your work, looking forward to see any improvments.

This comes a little late, but thanks Jman for the help with installation.

Quick question to anybody about a compatibility issue: Has any of you tried Garrison Script v2.0 with this compilation? Are there any compatibility issues?

Great job, a 2TPY mod is a big plus for many people

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I just installed ,but for some reason nothing has changed ,well when i say nothing the start date is still 1100

Signature made by Joar

Will this sub mod be compatible with the new patch Point Blank will release?

This comes a little late, but thanks Jman for the help with installation.

Quick question to anybody about a compatibility issue: Has any of you tried Garrison Script v2.0 with this compilation? Are there any compatibility issues?
    I actually have some creative ideas for making a garrison script for this mod, but im saving this and other ideas for when 6.2 RR/RC is finished. im not sure about compatibility issues with garrison script, but if you do try it it will be at your own risk

Great job, a 2TPY mod is a big plus for many people
    thanks! that means alot from you point blank!

I just installed ,but for some reason nothing has changed ,well when i say nothing the start date is still 1100
    IDK what could be wrong, did you install in the right folder?

Will this sub mod be compatible with the new patch Point Blank will release?
    ill have to see when that patch is released. if its not compatible rest assured i will make it so and release a new version postehaste!
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

Yes i think so ,SS file correct ? Started new campaign (early ) but its still 1100 ?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    ill have to see when that patch is released. if its not compatible rest assured i will make it so and release a new version postehaste!
    Thanks man! I really like the 2TPY feature and the 1080 staring date! By the way, can any country capture the Holy Land and keep it for themselves, or it will go to the Templars and stuff?

Yes i think so ,SS file correct ? Started new campaign (early ) but its still 1100 ?
    are you using vista or xp? if you use xp it goes in the program files/sega/m2tw/mods/stainlesssteel folder.

vista i wouldnt know, as ive never used it. but it would still go in the SS folder, wherever it is.

make sure after you extract that the folder called 'data' goes into the stainless steel folder, and not the folder named 'stainlesssteelultimate'

the rar file contains 2 files called SSultimate and SSultimate nobyg. the data folder inside those folders is the one you put into the Stainlesssteel folder. one is for use with byg IV, one without. use the one you want.

Thanks man! I really like the 2TPY feature and the 1080 staring date! By the way, can any country capture the Holy Land and keep it for themselves, or it will go to the Templars and stuff?
    thanks! yes any country can take the holy lands if they wish, but if they take it before 1100 youll have to defend against the crusaders when they arrive, because they are scripted to attack jerusalem at emergence. this is most likely to happen as egypt, but if your quick as the turks you can take it as well.
    - Thatguy

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    yes any country can take the holy lands if they wish, but if they take it before 1100 youll have to defend against the crusaders when they arrive, because they are scripted to attack jerusalem at emergence. this is most likely to happen as egypt, but if your quick as the turks you can take it as well.
    What if you play a Catholic Faction, say Poland, and you take the Holy Land? Will the Templars still attack you upon emergence?

yes, unfortunatly that is the sad reality of an attack settlement script command, they will attack regardless of who owns it.

my advice as a catholic faction is to be focused on your homeland areas for the first 20 years anyway. RR/RC gives you enough to deal with on your home front that you should secure that in the first 20 years. the pope usually calls a crusade on cairo or gaza first unless the player does otherwise, so its unlikely unless you comission a crusade on jerusalem well before 1100 that a catholic faction will take it.

but yes KOJ will attack their namesake city regardless of ownership. however from what ive seen even with 5 full stacks to start with good generals, they tend to have a hard time keeping everything, as was historical. at some point id expect jerusalem to fall back to the muslims and another catholic can take it, especially if its in the victory conditions.
    - Thatguy

Are the Templars a force to be reckoned with or they're not that hard to defeat given a decent army on your side?

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

nice work mate! trying this right now!
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

I'm using Vista to answer your earlier question but its installed in the SS folder ,so i dunno ..ah i'v got Rozanovs 2TPY /stoneforts mini mod could that be it ? but doesn't change starting year .I dont know ?

Signature made by Joar

Are the Templars a force to be reckoned with or they're not that hard to defeat given a decent army on your side?
    a human player should be able to defeat them like any other faction. if your holding jerusalem at 1100 imagine it like a crusade/jihad but you only have to defeat 1 full stack not 50. not that hard.

I'm using Vista to answer your earlier question but its installed in the SS folder ,so i dunno ..ah i'v got Rozanovs 2TPY /stoneforts mini mod could that be it ? but doesn't change starting year .I dont know ?
    yea this mod is not compatible with rozanovs 2tpy all cities/stoneforts mod. youd have to choose one or the other
    - Thatguy

Well atleast i know the reasons .thanks mate

Signature made by Joar

Can I have the instructions as if I was starting from scratch. After Installing M2TW and Kingdoms discs 1 and 2 on my computer, what do I install next? I have different patches and submods downloaded onto my hard drive and yesterday decided to uninstall M2TW erase everything and start from scratch. Today I have not had any luck being able to install this "ultimate". Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind I got it to work.
    1. M2TW disc 1 and 2
    2. Kingdoms disc 1 and 2
    3. Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt1of2.zip
    4. Stainless_Steel_6.0_Pt2of2.zip
    5. Stainless_Steel_6.1_Patch.exe
    6. SS_RR_RC_Part1.7z
    7. SS_RR_RC_Part2.7z
    8. StainlessSteelUltimate.rar
    Last edited by Danterex; February 23, 2010 at 05:05 PM.