Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 192

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

  1. #1

    Default Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

    Hello to all my Fellow SS 6.2 RR/RC compilation fans!

    Following the release of the latest compilation for RR/RC, i was in awe, but also overwhelmed by the amount of work it would take to update my old Stainless Steel Mint Chip mod to the new release. Yet what followed was the most enlightening modding experience i have ever had, and after months of work it is here- but so much more polished than the old 'Mint Chip' version- that it even needed a new name! A name befitting the Epicocity of such a mod- hence the moniker 'Ultimate'. To me this is the Ultimate M2TW experience, and thanks to the hard work of those who made the RR/RC compilation, and my obsession for gaming perfection- It has gone from a Pipe Dream to a Reality! It is my hope that you will enjoy as much as i do this uniquely EPIC Stainless Steel experience, and be with me in the future as my work is not yet done- there is still much more i want to do to make this mod beyond the best- better than the rest!

    Features-

    -Keeps all but one mod in the latest RR/RC compilation package-

    COMPLETE BYZANTINE UNIT ROSTER by Anthonius II and Caesar Clivus
    BATTLE FOR THE BALTIC by Caesar Clivus
    BGR IV Ehhanced (optional) by Byg
    RUSICHI MOD UNITS!!!
    SS 6.2 Release Candidate 4 by Gracul.
    - For God and St George mod by AWellesley
    Knights Templar units from Lord_Calidor's KT mod
    1450 Campaign by JaM
    Hundred Years War and Italian City States Mini Campaigns by Lusted
    SSTC by Chimaeira
    Real Horses by Argent Usher
    Crimson Tide by Magus
    City and Castle models by Agart
    Nostalgia patch by mr.blonde
    CampaignAI by TheSavage
    BattleAI by Germanicu5
    CBUR and Unit Card improvement projects by Agis Tournas
    Lord Condormanius's Mailed Knights
    BETTER GRASS by david.coole
    loading screens by archer29
    new Byzantine and Kievan Rus unit cards by akvilonn
    some music from a compilation by bcnor
    plus other submods as included in 6.2 patch Release Candidate 4 by Gracul

    -That would be the 1100 start mod by AWellesley, As the start date is once again 1080!

    -The mod is fully adapted for 2TPY, and in my personal testing it is balanced.
    2TPY files thanks to Trinity!

    -The Crusader States will emerge in full force in 1100! expect them to go after Jerusalem, Acre, Antioch, Aleppo, and Edessa. As Egypt or The Turks be ready for a fight- and consider an alliance to grind the crusaders into the sand!

    -William the Conquerer is back! Since the start is in 1080, William the Conquerer returns and the whole of england is more dynamic. Not only must you deal with the Scots, but the rebels in Wales and Ireland have been strengthened, and the french are just across the channel! The conquest of the entire British isles will be a lucrative but bloody endeavor.

    -Unit sizes, speed, and morale adjusted for maximum carnage and epic battles.
    (it is highly recommended that your computer have decent specs if you wish to play this mod, or the battles may drain your computer!)
    Unit files thanks to Ignasign!

    -the choice of using Byg IV!

    A special thank you to-

    -King Kong for making the best M2TW mod- the EB of M2!
    -Point Blank and all the countless others who did work on the RR/RC
    compilation
    -Ignasign for modding the files used for the bigger units.
    -Trinity for creating balanced working 2TPY files for the latest compilation.
    -Byg for creating Byg IV!

    Installation- After Downloading, Make sure to back up all of your files, then extract the folder of your desire into your M2TW/Mod/StainlessSteel Folder.
    There are 2 choices- the regular files or ones that dont include Byg IV. if you use Byg IV, Use the regular files. If you dont Use Byg IV, extract the noByg version.
    Important note- be sure to delete the map.rwm file in the SS6/data/world/maps/base folder after installation- this makes sure that the Crusader states keep the settlements they assault when they emerge! dont worry- it will regenerate itself when you start a new campaign!

    It is recommended, like with regular RR/RC- that you start on M/M, and get a feel for things. If you use Byg IV money WILL be tight, so dont go crazy with spending, ESPECIALLY with unit costs. too many units WILL ruin your finances, and make sure to use the most of your free upkeep garrisons!

    Download the files from filefront HERE

    I hope you enjoy! and be sure to stick around- i have many more ideas for more content for this Mod!
    Last edited by jman47; July 28, 2010 at 08:18 AM.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    it seems really a good work mate, i'll give it a try for sure...especially for what concerns the 2tpy finally compatible with BGR IV....! thanks!

  3. #3
    Morfans's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Uhm. Looks like in the imperial campaign the turn numbers that trigger the various emergent factions & national uprisings have not been scaled to 2TPY, so they would actually happen 3 times earlier, wouldn't they ?

    As a more general comment, building times are now very long, but the replenishment rates of recruitment pools have not been changed w.r.t. 1.5 YPT - doesn't that imply a decades-long proliferation of militia troopers ? RR is in itself quite militia-centric in the EE - this 2TPY scheme
    seems to exacerbate that. Your views ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morfans View Post
    Uhm. Looks like in the imperial campaign the turn numbers that trigger the various emergent factions & national uprisings have not been scaled to 2TPY, so they would actually happen 3 times earlier, wouldn't they ?

    As a more general comment, building times are now very long, but the replenishment rates of recruitment pools have not been changed w.r.t. 1.5 YPT - doesn't that imply a decades-long proliferation of militia troopers ? RR is in itself quite militia-centric in the EE - this 2TPY scheme
    seems to exacerbate that. Your views ?
    this is where it still might need a bit of testing. my final work was getting the Crusaders to emerge properly, and have not played a campaign yet far enough to test all of these things.

    since the mod is 2tpy and starts in 1080 my formula is-

    turn number= year of event minus 1080 (the start date) x2.

    so if the event is supposed to happen in say, 1350- it would go

    1350 - 1080 = 270 x 2 = 540.

    this works because the 540th turn corresponds to the 270th year after the game starts, which would equal 1350. please let me know if there is anything i missed in the campaign script, i will be sure to release a fix. but as long as my math is good i think its fine.

    as for the RR/RC- the events that control the armor progression i believe are found in the decsr_events file in the campaign folder. the number corresponding to the events does not mean turn number- but the year that the event happens after the start date. so the event for the crusaders to emerge happens in 1100- 20 years after the start date of 1080. so in the descr_events- the event gets a value of 20. i modified this file to have every event happen 20 years earlier- to account for the start date being put back 20 years, so everything should happen on schedule.

    as for the unit pool replenishing- if anything it is sped up. if a unit has maximum pool of 1, and takes 9 turns to replenish- you can recruit one every 4.5 years. this is opposed to the 1.5 ypt format, where 9 turns of replenishment equals 13.5 years of waiting. so in reality your getting units faster, which means you have to pay more attention to your unit costs, especially if you use BYG IV and must also deal with nobles expenses.

    i believe everything is balanced accordingly, but as i said if you find inconsistencies let me know and i will adress and fix them.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  5. #5

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    After some turns made i'm back with some feedback.
    First of all i noticed that after the installation one of the germanicu5 script is missing, but i really can't remember if this script was included in the PB's compilation or i add it later...i'm speaking about the script that stops any kind of buildings in settlements when a governor is missing (not the assimilation one).
    However i don't think it's a real problem but instead something good.
    A 2PTY mod slows down the entire timing of play, especially for what concerns time of building, so making buildings possible even if a governor is missing is right IMO cause this makes some balances in the game.
    On the other side the game will be really to slow creating too much differences between settlements with governors and settlements without governors.
    And if this script is in PB's compilation and you disable it i think that this is the right choise mate.
    Now i'd like to see how evets come in the game so i need to have some more turns in my game...however keep up with your good work!
    Last edited by redinside; January 30, 2010 at 03:54 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    this is where it still might need a bit of testing. my final work was getting the Crusaders to emerge properly, and have not played a campaign yet far enough to test all of these things.
    Looks like triggers for emergent factions were not scaled only for noBYG version.

    Btw, jman47, have you just doubled building time for all buildings?
    And, correct me if I'm wrong, is this mod for Early Era campaign only?
    Last edited by Abyrvalg; January 30, 2010 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    After some turns made i'm back with some feedback.
    First of all i noticed that after the installation one of the germanicu5 script is missing, but i really can't remember if this script was included in the PB's compilation or i add it later...i'm speaking about the script that stops any kind of buildings in settlements when a governor is missing (not the assimilation one).
    However i don't think it's a real problem but instead something good.
    A 2PTY mod slows down the entire timing of play, especially for what concerns time of building, so making buildings possible even if a governor is missing is right IMO cause this makes some balances in the game.
    On the other side the game will be really to slow creating too much differences between settlements with governors and settlements without governors.
    And if this script is in PB's compilation and you disable it i think that this is the right choise mate.
    Now i'd like to see how evets come in the game so i need to have some more turns in my game...however keep up with your good work!
    I actually noticed this myself- but it was not something i did. rest assured though that i would have removed it anyway, and if it does come up i will remove it. that script is not something i am particularily fond of, but if it does come up and i remove it ill have a verrsion that keeps it if someone really wants it.

    Looks like triggers for emergent factions were not scaled only for noBYG version.

    Btw, jman47, have you just doubled building time for all buildings?
    And, correct me if I'm wrong, is this mod for Early Era campaign only?
    yes i believe most of the building times were only doubled. while making it 3X longer would be more accurate to the scale- i think for now the building times, combined with their cost, are decent for the 2tpy format. since growth has been slowed down, you shouldnt be worried about getting buildings too fast though. this mod is only for the early era, if you want a good late era 2TPY mod look HERE

    ill post a fix for the NOBYG version in a few minutes, all it would take is fixing the one file.
    Last edited by jman47; January 30, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  8. #8
    Graeme's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Benesov, Czech Republic
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    ill have a verrsion that keeps it if someone really wants it.
    Ill be interested in the version with the no governer, cant build option. Anything for more of a challenge.

    Sounds like good work. I was going to attempt a 2TPY set in 1080 mod too but was waiting for the latest version from Point Blank which should come out soon fixing the CTD for saves.

    I prefer 1080 to 1100, as if playing a Byzantine game its more challenging with the Turks in Nicaea and Sicily in Dyrrachium.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Ill be interested in the version with the no governer, cant build option. Anything for more of a challenge.

    Sounds like good work. I was going to attempt a 2TPY set in 1080 mod too but was waiting for the latest version from Point Blank which should come out soon fixing the CTD for saves.

    I prefer 1080 to 1100, as if playing a Byzantine game its more challenging with the Turks in Nicaea and Sicily in Dyrrachium.
    Ill wait until the next version of RR/RC to figure out what happened to the no governer script. when the next version comes and i update my mod if it still isnt there ill look into it.

    i myself think that with byg IV and everything else it is very difficult as it is. but ill have a version for both sides of the camp for sure.

    im just wanting to get feedback right now and make sure this version is stable and working. then we can focus on bigger things- and believe me, i have some great ideas for the future of this mod
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  10. #10
    Graeme's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Benesov, Czech Republic
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Ill wait until the next version of RR/RC to figure out what happened to the no governer script. when the next version comes and i update my mod if it still isnt there ill look into it.

    i myself think that with byg IV and everything else it is very difficult as it is. but ill have a version for both sides of the camp for sure.

    im just wanting to get feedback right now and make sure this version is stable and working. then we can focus on bigger things- and believe me, i have some great ideas for the future of this mod
    Cheers mate. Good to see a 2tpy mod with byg IV compatibility. Ill give it a go after the new version comes out.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Not bad i like it, in particular with the increased population necessary for city growth, does a good job of both curbing the expansion of cities for 2TPY and adds more realistic city populations. But i did find your build times for buildings somewhat inflated, such as 9 turns for wooden pallisade so i decreased them a bit, i would suggest taking a look at that, it may be realistic, but keep in mind that in reality you would never be limited to building one building at a time in a city. Just a suggestion.

    But the question i had was, did you lower the per turn income at all (as in to represent the shorter time frame), its been a while since i played England (my current campaign) but it seems that the i am getting less income from my cities then i should be. If you did do so should you not also lower the upkeep costs for units accordingly? And if you did not and im just imagining things, my apologies.

    Good Job + rep

  12. #12

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by kozakk View Post
    Not bad i like it, in particular with the increased population necessary for city growth, does a good job of both curbing the expansion of cities for 2TPY and adds more realistic city populations. But i did find your build times for buildings somewhat inflated, such as 9 turns for wooden pallisade so i decreased them a bit, i would suggest taking a look at that, it may be realistic, but keep in mind that in reality you would never be limited to building one building at a time in a city. Just a suggestion.

    But the question i had was, did you lower the per turn income at all (as in to represent the shorter time frame), its been a while since i played England (my current campaign) but it seems that the i am getting less income from my cities then i should be. If you did do so should you not also lower the upkeep costs for units accordingly? And if you did not and im just imagining things, my apologies.

    Good Job + rep
    Well as stated most of the files i used were edited by others and i compiled them. the only things i directly edited were the starting date, the starting territories, and making jerusalem emergent.

    the 2tpy files were done by trinity, and i figured they worked well enough for the time being. i have also been playing england in my test games, and tend to agree that 9 turns for a wooden palisade is a bit much considering roads only take 6 turns.

    i was thinking of lowering the time to build a palisade to 6 turns. and for the 1st teir of buildings from 9 turns down to 8.

    the other think i was thinking of changing was making it slightly less expensive to convert a castle to a city and vice-versa. with many factions it is nessacary early on to convert some settlements, usually factions with more castles than they need. withe the current cost of converting a wooden castle to a town being 7800 ive found especially with BYG IV that is way too much even for england who really only needs to convert winchester at the start, and carnaeveron when it is taken, let alone a faction like the HRE or the Byzantines who will need to do alot of converting.

    as for settlement income i have not edited anything. whatever editing might have been done from the 1.5tpy format was done by trinity. however one thing i did edit was make the penalty to public order for rasing taxes slightly lower. this is because the AI tends not to understand the effect of tax rates on order and if you set it too high AI factions will start losing their settlements to tax rebellion, considering they never properly garrison either. this isnt in the realeased version however, i just did it yeaterday as i was noticing the constant rebellion in AI territories.

    Today im going to make the aformentioned changes to the buildings and see how it works. if i like how it goes ill release some updated files at the end of the day.

    cheers!
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  13. #13

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    What i did with the build time in order to keep a consistent ratio i just reduced the build times proportionally for all buildings, 9 is 6, 12 is 9, 16 is 12. Except for a few that i thought should take longer, for instance i actually increased the build tie for cathedrals and huge cathedrals as i found that these are massive projects and should be represented as such. I think that would be a good template, im currently playing this way and liking the results.

    By the way im playing the late era campaign for which the build times and settlement population ratios seem to be altered properly, but are the event times for late era campaign accurate?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    I did not change anything in the late era campaign.

    I already linked in a previous post a late era 2TPY mod somebody else has done. I never play the late campaign, so i didnt bother changing it any.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  15. #15

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    I want to be sure that I am about to install this correctly. SS 6.2 is already installed, along with a few patched that came with the file for 6.2 I downloaded. Does this compilation get installed on top of 6.2 or is some uninstallation necessary? If uninstallation is necessary, how far back do I go? (I'd hate to download the whole thing over again...)

    Are 6.2 saved games compatible with this?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    I want to be sure that I am about to install this correctly. SS 6.2 is already installed, along with a few patched that came with the file for 6.2 I downloaded. Does this compilation get installed on top of 6.2 or is some uninstallation necessary? If uninstallation is necessary, how far back do I go? (I'd hate to download the whole thing over again...)

    Are 6.2 saved games compatible with this?
    The mod is not save game compatible. It is for the SS 6.2 RR/RC compilation. therefore after you install 6.1, you download the compilation (which includes 6.2) and install, then download my mod and install. Finally, delete the map.rwm file in your campaign/maps/base folder and your ready to go.

    This mod is not compatible with regular SS 6.2, without the compilation.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  17. #17

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    So basically this mod is Point Blanks's RC/RR SS 6.2 with some other features, improvements and realism? To install, do I install over Point Blank's SS 6.2 RR/RC?
    Last edited by Barbarian Roman; February 05, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    I did not change anything in the late era campaign.

    I already linked in a previous post a late era 2TPY mod somebody else has done. I never play the late campaign, so i didnt bother changing it any.

    Thanks I am currently using the mod for late era you linked. But it does not seem to alter rowth rates for settlements at all. So could you tell me which files in your mod change the growth rates.

    And on that same note, ive played about 100 turns as England with your mod and i just cant get a single city to grow to the next level no matte what i do. It seems that when large towns get close to the population needed to upgrade they just stop growing. For instance with Dublin i finished building all the structures lowered taxes to low, put a 4 chivalry general there (my highest chive one) and the population is stuck about 800 people short of next level, and has been there for like 20 or 30 turns. Casstles seem to not only stop growing but in many cases lose population when they get about half way to next level, both with Nottingham and Winchester they got to about half of necessary for next level, then started falling, no matter what i build or what general i use as governor they dont grow after halfway point. So im wondering if theirs something wrong with the mechanics, where the game assumes that the next level of population has been reached when in fact its a long way to next level due to the increase.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    So basically this mod is Point Blanks's RC/RR SS 6.2 with some other features, improvements and realism? To install, do I install over Point Blank's SS 6.2 RR/RC?
    Yes exactly!

    Thanks I am currently using the mod for late era you linked. But it does not seem to alter rowth rates for settlements at all. So could you tell me which files in your mod change the growth rates.

    And on that same note, ive played about 100 turns as England with your mod and i just cant get a single city to grow to the next level no matte what i do. It seems that when large towns get close to the population needed to upgrade they just stop growing. For instance with Dublin i finished building all the structures lowered taxes to low, put a 4 chivalry general there (my highest chive one) and the population is stuck about 800 people short of next level, and has been there for like 20 or 30 turns. Casstles seem to not only stop growing but in many cases lose population when they get about half way to next level, both with Nottingham and Winchester they got to about half of necessary for next level, then started falling, no matter what i build or what general i use as governor they dont grow after halfway point. So im wondering if theirs something wrong with the mechanics, where the game assumes that the next level of population has been reached when in fact its a long way to next level due to the increase.
    Ive noticed this now myself as well, about 70 turns in. Im going to fix it immediatly and release the fixed files.

    I believe the change needed is in the descr_setlement_mechanics file.

    ill have it up in a half hour or so

    I think it should also be save game compatible. ill have to see.

    EDIT- I fixed the settlement mechanic file and growth rates should be good now. try it out! It is indeed save game compatible.
    Last edited by jman47; February 06, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

  20. #20

    Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

    Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Yes exactly!



    Ive noticed this now myself as well, about 70 turns in. Im going to fix it immediatly and release the fixed files.

    I believe the change needed is in the descr_setlement_mechanics file.

    ill have it up in a half hour or so

    I think it should also be save game compatible. ill have to see.

    EDIT- I fixed the settlement mechanic file and growth rates should be good now. try it out! updated file in the attachment. It is indeed save game compatible.


    Hey, thanks a lot for quick response, i will be trying out the new settlement mechanics, and will let you know how it goes.

    In the mean time i have another question. I noticed that your mod reduced my turn length very significantly, perhaps to as much as 1/3 of what it is with regular RR. Do you have any idea what could be responsible for this effect?

    you see, I would simply use this mod entirely (rather then piking out settlement mechanics, and other files) but i dont like the reduced economy you have going it seriouslly reduces the number of stacks on the map and as England 100 turns into the game i was the richest sovereignty with a messily 12000 in my coffers. But of course i do want the benefit of reduced turn length, so im hoping what ever files are causing the turn reduction are not the same ones that change the economy.

    Anyway, thanks for being helpful, and thanks for the revised settlement mechanics file.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •