Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Im having problems with CTD upon loading a save game. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does I can't load any save games. Is this mod related?

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

Hi

I have a saved game - both quick and auto that now just CTDs. Any ideas as to how I can get this to work?
    Have ALOT of game hours invested (ok, 6 but I don't get much free time) since my last full save.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Sharrow
    The Devshirme
    On the night the scarlet horsemen took him away - from all that he knew and all he might have known - the moon waxed full in Scorpio, sign of his birth, and as if by the hand of God its incandescence split the alpine valley sheer into that which was dark and that which was light, and the light lit the path of devils to his door.

In 1080, the Almoravids were not in Spain yet.

From wikipedia
    In 1086 Yusuf ibn Tashfin was invited by the taifa Muslim princes of the Iberian Peninsula (Al-Andalus) to defend them against Alfonso VI, King of León and Castile. In that year, Yusuf ibn Tashfin crossed the straits to Algeciras, inflicted a severe defeat on the Christians at the Battle of az-Zallaqah (Battle of Sagrajas). He was prevented from following up his victory by trouble in Africa, which he had to settle in person. When he returned to Iberia in 1090, it was avowedly for the purpose of deposing the Muslim princes, and annexing their states. He had in his favour the mass of the inhabitants, who had been worn out by the oppressive taxation imposed by their spend-thrift rulers.

It might be more realistic to replace the Almoravids held settlements into powerful rebel controlled ones. This might also help out the Almoravids, who often find themselves fighting 4 Christian nations at once.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Hi

I have a saved game - both quick and auto that now just CTDs. Any ideas as to how I can get this to work?
    Have ALOT of game hours invested (ok, 6 but I don't get much free time) since my last full save.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Sharrow
    Next update should fix many CTD's, but 'SS Ultimate' may add CTD's I'm not aware of, though it seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 14, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

CTD upon fresh start, both versions. No saves...

edit- Next morning, reboot, starts fine. (??)
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; June 14, 2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: new behavior

In my early era campaign as England non of the other Christian factions are recruiting priests or even building or upgrading Church buildings. They recruited priests in the late ear campaign i was playing (and i think they upgraded churches as well). Does anyone one else have/notice this (use toggle_fow in the console to scan if you;re not sure). I'm at 1170 and the last non English Cardinal has just died (the Crusader states one). The game is going to get very boring if I'm able to control the Pope.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Its not just priests, no sign of Spies or assassins either, although they were both in the late era campaign.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Does this mod somehow causes catholic factions to not bother with recruiting priests?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

so, has anyone played this compilation without game breaking bug?

do the AI use their agents?

do cities develop normally?

i'm going back to regular RR/RC early campaign to see if the AI recruits priests and builds churches there.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Thanks!

the order goes-

SS 6.0 part 1 and 2
    SS 6.1 Hotfix.
    SS RR/RC which INCLUDES 6.2

SS RR/RC Hotfix apr 1
    SS Ultimate.

If you want to use the BYG IV version, you have to install the BYG files that come with the compilation BEFORE you install SS Ultimate with BYG, but after you updated to the april 1 hotfix.

You dont install 6.2 and then RR/RC, because RR/RC includes 6.2 and you dont need to install twice.

I hope i am clear this time because all the questions seem to be about installation.

Regarding the money issue- if you installed properly the problem should not come up. I had the problem originally and when i reinstalled everything it was fine.
    which one is that?

and do I need the latest kingdoms official patch?

Is 1.5 still the latest patch?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Is 1.5 still the latest patch?
    hey, any luck with the disappearing AI agents?

they're not disappearing, they're just not being recruited (apart from the Moors who have 5-6). Also Religious building are not being built or upgraded, by 1166 both France's and the HRE's capitols still had the churches they started with. I read somewhere that then an AI faction becomes really powerful and wealthy they start to spam agents as they run out of things to spend money on, this might be the opposite of that, they have so little money that with military and economy buildings. I've gone back to vanilla RC/RR to see if it also happens there.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

and? is it also like that on RC/RR?

OMG...., do I need to DL 1.4GB of RR/RC????? can't I use the RR/RC APRIL hotfix on top of the SS 6.0+6.1+6.2RC4??? ---> I've already DL 1.5GB of this!!! worst thing : RR/RC use megaupload!!!!! it would be soooooo slooooooooowwwwwwww

help???

oh apparently it's available somewhere on HTTP... I'm trying it....
    Last edited by napoleonic; June 17, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

I am based in Thailand, Megaupload is the only service which works for me, maybe someone else can mirror the main files somewhere else...

somebody did... check page 7 btw can't we just use 6+6.1+6.2 and then april rr/rc? if rr/rc=6.2 then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    and? is it also like that on RC/RR?
    Nope, RC/RR seems fine (well sorta) as the HRE spammed a loaded of priests after about 20 turns, probably had a load of cash to spare. I think Stainless Steel Ultimate! has a weaker economy, so they AI can't afford it maybe.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Hey guys! Ive been working on the mod in my spare time, and have just managed to update it to the new final beta patch, which can be found HERE

Other than being updated i have also worked on trying to make Jerusalem last longer by giving it some more money when it emerges.

I will upload the new version tomorrow morning, when im at the computer that has the files.

However there is some bad news. My father, who owns the computer i both play M2TW and mod it on, will be moving a couple of hours away from where i live, making it harder for me to both play and work on the mod. The other computer i have access to, where I'm living, cant handle m2tw and is pretty much for internet only, not to mention it being at my mothers, who generally disagrees with any time i spend playing video games.

at least for the next couple months it will be hard for me to fix anything on the mod, as i will have limited access to it. i will still be here on the forums, however, and will help as best i can. My father moves out on Saturday, so i have until then to fix any bugs in the update you might come across.

Thanks for your patience guys, ill see you in the morning.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy