Thread: I'm confused about the caluculation

Default I'm confused about the caluculation

Say, there is a unit wearing Gambeson, whose value for Mass is 1, and Heavy Mail, 3.
    According the text, the resulting mass is calculated like this; (0 + 1 + 3 ) ÷ 3 = 1.3
    BUT, say, there is a unit wearing only "Heavy Mail"; (0 + 3) ÷ 2 = 1.5
    A unit wearing only Heavy Mail is lighter than the unit wearing both Gambeson and Heavy Mail, which doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder what the reasoning behind this is. Or maybe I'm more terrible at math than I expect.

Default Re: I'm confused about the caluculation

Averaging is for units with armor upgrades. It's an imperfect system, but you don't want the unit to have the mass of heavy mail when it currently has no armor at all yet.

If you're just looking for base stats without armor upgrades, then you wouldn't average anything. I think you would add the mass from the gambeson, but then again the RC I'm looking at has Heavy Mail at 2 Mass so maybe you have more information.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes the system isn't perfect but that's the fault of the M2 engine. Since you can't change stats of ug models you're forced to use the average value

Thank you all for the replies.

So it was my misunderstanding, not knowing averaging is for only armour upgrades.
    But still, as Kolaris8472 mentioned, 2 Mass seems too much for a unit wearing only Heavy Mail.

Well, for now I will make my own adjustments and settle for it.