Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to The Final Beta Version!

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    Hi guys,

Ive updated my game version to the april 11 patch, and everything seems to be working ok, the only real changes needed were in the script.

Howevere there is a new problem where the Money you have when you start a campaign is -19,000 or something like that.

Ive heard of this before but cant remember where, and the forum search isnt having any luck.

maybe someone else knows about this as well?
    Something like that happened to me with Point Blank's October 2009 version. I had like a 100 000 minus cash starting, and it got much worse as the turn progressed. However,when I installed the newest SS RC/RR patch, the problem disappeared.
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC!

yea im having the problem now that ive updated. im interested in knowing what specifically caused it, and how it is fixed, since i cant release an updated version until it is fixed.

search results still giving me to work with.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

I reinstalled everything and the problem is gone. I just have to adjust some settlement values and run a little testing on them and ill release the updated version.

jerusalem emergence may still be iffy, im gonna run a few long term tests after release and see if the new patch has made emergences more stable.

Also im going to add stronger rebel forces for Wales and Ireland, and am going to make missions be more likely to give florins rather than units. since the economy is tighter it would be better IMO to get more cash for missions instead of more units you need to pay upkeep for.

peace out
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

I reinstalled everything and the problem is gone. I just have to adjust some settlement values and run a little testing on them and ill release the updated version.

jerusalem emergence may still be iffy, im gonna run a few long term tests after release and see if the new patch has made emergences more stable.

Also im going to add stronger rebel forces for Wales and Ireland, and am going to make missions be more likely to give florins rather than units. since the economy is tighter it would be better IMO to get more cash for missions instead of more units you need to pay upkeep for.

peace out
    Great to here it's going to be released soon. I've been waiting nearly 3 months for the updated version!
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Great to here it's going to be released soon. I've been waiting nearly 3 months for the updated version!
    Yea sorry bout that, RL is a sometimes

the updated version is up, click the link in the OP.

should be compatible and working, The version with BygIV will have a bit more income to ease the burden of noble finances. growth and order are the same in both.

Rebels are turned up in Wales and ireland, With greater numbers and a bit more experience.

germanicus's scripts are fully functional, and settlements without governers will not build or recruit. you will have to do a bit of 'governer shuffling' if you dont have enough for all your settlements.

missions are modded so florins will be a reward much more often than units, this will help your economy a bit and keep you from getting a reward of say, 3 feudal knights, that kill you with upkeep unless you disband them.

remember to delete your Map.rwm file after installation, and have fun!

Alright Jman, I need your help here.

I installed your mod entirely as is in roughly early February late January, and I use it as the basis for my Total War Tracker livestream campaign as mentioned above. I have two campaigns, one at around turn 113, the other at turn 15 - and my 113 turn campaign is CTD repeatedly and consistantly at the end of the turn interim.

The game year is 1132, and I and my audience believe that it is a faction emergence issue. I wanted to ask you a couple things -

Can I safely update my mod to the latest version of SS 6.2 that was recently released?

What hotfixes should I install to try to get around this?

If my long-run campaign is repeatedly CTD' that clearly is a problem for my show If it comes to it, I will reinstall it all and start over if I have to, but I'd like to try to avoid that if possible.

If you want to see the issue as it happened, go to http://www.livestream.com/totalwartracker and view episode 14 of the KoA campaign, and look at the end of part 2.

Thanks in advance.

-TheDougem
    Threre is no emergent faction in 1132, how is Jerusalem doing so far? when they emerged in 1100, did they keep the settlements they took?

It could be a random RR/RC issue as well, im afraid i cant really say, since there isnt any major script action that specific year im aware of.

You could download my update, unfortunatly its not save-game compatible. not much else i can do for now im afraid.
    - Thatguy

I reinstalled everything and the problem is gone.
    Did You reinstalled whole game of mod only?
    Cos I have same problem with "-lotofmoney" now
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

though I have completely fresh installation of SS + 11 apr. RR for your mod, but M2 and Kingdoms were installed long time ago.
    Actually, I was eagerly anticipating your mod to play Byzantine since byzzies rock in early period

PS: Ooops. Looks like problem exists for Byg version only, because I just copied nonByg files over, and now I have normal starting money.
    Last edited by Abyrvalg; May 04, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

I had only reinstalled the mod.

Im actually not having the money problem, but am having CTD's after capturing a settlement when the battle ends.

im trying to figure it out right now, and was not aware of it when releasing the update.

ill be back soon with updates on this.
    - Thatguy

Default Re: Stainless Steel Ultimate! The Definitive 2TPY compilation for SS 6.2 RR/RC! Updated to April 11 Patch!

I have CTD's after a capture a settlement.......

Can U fix it???

Quote Originally Posted by Ruda_STR View Post
    I have CTD's after a capture a settlement.......

Can U fix it???

Yes sir i just did! The link in the OP is updated with the CTD problem fixed. Enjoy!
    - Thatguy

I'm having an issue editing the ex_des_unit text. I know there are 4 of them throughout the SS folders but the SS/data is what the game works off of and have edited them before with the SS and RR/RC mod. For some reason I can't change a single thing from upkeep cost to adding an additional faction to a unit. If I change something/anything the game won't start. I edited the ex_des_buildingings without issue. Has anyone had this problem?

I love this mod but I don't see KoJ or Crusader States emerge at 1100. There is an announcement but turning off fow reveals there are no armies or faction in diplomacy. I've played 5-7 more years 10+ turns and still see no sign of them. Am I missing something? Do they show up years after the announcement? I remember the Teutonic Knights doing something like that but they were only 2-4 years after. I have the latest install and am playing without BYG.

Quote Originally Posted by Remonster6x View Post
    I love this mod but I don't see KoJ or Crusader States emerge at 1100. There is an announcement but turning off fow reveals there are no armies or faction in diplomacy. I've played 5-7 more years 10+ turns and still see no sign of them. Am I missing something? Do they show up years after the announcement? I remember the Teutonic Knights doing something like that but they were only 2-4 years after. I have the latest install and am playing without BYG.
    Thanks for the heads up. i went and fixed the script for the nobyg version and you should be set to go now. Attached is a copy of the fixed script, just download then copy/paste into your SS/Data/world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign.

Its not savegame compatible however, sorry for the inconvienience. Link in the OP is being updated with the fix.
    - Thatguy

Awesome! My Roman campaign was going south anyway so it's a good time to start over. I just can't get the whole diplomacy thing. About my previous question: am I the only one who can't edit the ex_des_units or is that just how it is?

+Rep

Alright I fixed the issue with export_descr_unit and noticed the poster before asking about it. For some reason notepad changed the text or something and just opening and saving causes a CTD so I opened it in wordpad and was able to edit it without an issue.

I installed the fixed script and see a few changes to game play like inability to build in towns not garrisoned by nobles. Could I have missed a patch from before? Not that this change is a problem but just in case it has to do with my next issue. The first few turns were fine and I was able to take a city as the romans but a few turns later I got a CTD taking a city just after the battle. After many reloads I decided to skip that city and went after another and had the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Remonster6x View Post
    Alright I fixed the issue with export_descr_unit and noticed the poster before asking about it. For some reason notepad changed the text or something and just opening and saving causes a CTD so I opened it in wordpad and was able to edit it without an issue.

I installed the fixed script and see a few changes to game play like inability to build in towns not garrisoned by nobles. Could I have missed a patch from before? Not that this change is a problem but just in case it has to do with my next issue. The first few turns were fine and I was able to take a city as the romans but a few turns later I got a CTD taking a city just after the battle. After many reloads I decided to skip that city and went after another and had the same issue.
    Glad to help. You are not supposed to be able to build units or buildings in settlements that are without a governer, that is part of the germanicus campaign script.

The other part that was causing the crashes for me was Another addition to the script, which was aslo from germanicus and makes it so when you win a battle you get some money representing the sacking of the enemy camp after the battle as the enemy army retreats.

If you do not have the proper UI and text files that show the event, you may get a CTD when the event fires after battle.

That was fixed, but you have to re-download the mod from the link in the OP.

Other than that im not sure, what error was there in the export_descr_unit file? you mentioned if it was edited there is a CTD, which could be something as simple as a syntax error. But what specifically did you need to change in the first place? why did you need to edit it?
    Last edited by jman47; May 06, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
    - Thatguy

Thanks, I downloaded and reinstalled and so far so good. The issue was with the text files that show the event since I was not receiving them before. The error with export_descr_unit is just from using notepad instead of wordpad. There is a unit for the roman faction (and I'm sure there are other units like this) that has an upkeep that is the same as the cost. It was not a mercenary so I lowered the upkeep cost to make it on par with other troops of its level and stats.

Glad to hear everything is working.

Hmmmm that curious about the unit upkeeps.

which roman unit has this problem? furthermore if you find any others id appreciate a heads up. thanks!
    - Thatguy

Hello

Do I need a previous installation to play this mod?
    Treated of lowering the version antererior of RR/RC but the successful thing

I sit it if he does not understand himself very well I am occupying a translator

pes,

you need the latest version of SS 6.2 with RR/RC, and the april 11 patch. then just download my mod and copy/paste.

the first part of your post is perfect but the second part is messed up, might want to check your translator program.
    - Thatguy

Glad to hear everything is working.

Hmmmm that curious about the unit upkeeps.

which roman unit has this problem? furthermore if you find any others id appreciate a heads up. thanks!

the Alamanoi unit is at 505 cost and 505 upkeep but now I see it is recruited out of the merc barracks. Now I just have questions as to why you start out with so many. They kill my economy.