Thread: Desktop buying/upgrade

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Desktop buying/upgrade

Upgrading your PC, or buying a new one guide

Here is another of my PC guides, please do use it! Stop spamming threads about will this run? or the I'm gonna buy/upgrade a pc, will this be enough? I'm gonna write a through guide, if there are any mistakes please say so, and I will correct then. (for navigation since this an extensive guide and you wouldn't want to read it all please use the find function in your browser, ctrl + f)

If you want to build your pc, this is the thread that will give you the technical background about putting the componets together so don't fret it'easy and simple. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80668

There are 2 top things on a PC, the CPU and the GPU, some say the memmory, the motherboard... but let's keep it simple shall we?

= CPU=

He is the heart of your machine, the brains, he commands! he guides! and he says! and so let's buy a good one here! There are only 2 manufacturers for consumers CPU, Intel and AMD.

Intel:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is renowed for good chips (for now) and higher prices (forever), and for now has the leading edge on PC experience with the iX core line. It's renowed also for changing the chipsets more quickly than it's rival AMD. Intel is reformulating it's line with the i core line, gone is the core duo and quadcores, for now the line is:

the i3 for the price conscious,
    the i5 and the i7 the mainstream line

Let's start with some sockets, than we go for the CPUs and their diferences.

Sockets:

Why start with this? if you're upgradind that's your primary concern! and if you're buying a new one that's also you're primary concern!
    For now in consumer market Intel has 3 DIFFERENT TYPES of sockets! The older LGA 775, the one year old LGA 1366, and the newborn the LGA 1156, WTF?! you ask, and I answer!

*Sockets = the connector which the chip makes contact with the motherboard

-LGA 775 (Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Pentium D, Quad Core)-

The socket LGA 775 was launched in 2006 with the core duo line (simplified, yes), and by now it's dead, it's suplanted with those new sockets. Most of you have this socket and it's a good one, albeit dead one. It's divided in core duo, pentium D, and Quad Core lines. Here are the most common of then (using the usual scale higher to lower):

Q9550>Q8300>Q8200>Q6600>E8500>E7100>E5200>E2150

Why put those numbers? they complicated more than explain! you say. I say they're a good indicative of what you're buying, putting a sticker saying core duo is easy, I can sell you a 2006 chip, the E2150, and you go out the store satisfied thinking you're futuring proof, and I go LOLing thinking I got rid of a old stock. That's why those numbers matters!

Upgrading LGA 775

The best for you here is going quad core! those Q8300 and Q9550 have quite a punch, I would seriously go for the Q8300, based on the price US$160, beacause if you're going Q9550, US$ 260 you can go to the new socket albeit spending less.

-LGA1156 (Core i3, Core i5, Core i-7)-

This is the newest of the bunch, was launched this year (2009), and has some promesing things for it. This socket uses a reformulated architecture which gives then more punch than the old quad cores from intel, and give more power with the new DDR 3 memory and by pulling out some very old stuff, like the FSB. This a marvelous piece of chip, sincerely the best buy so far, the AMD offerings stop short with the entry line of those things. But he uses a new socket so you have to buy a new motherboard for it! And now for the line.

In this socket we have the i3, i5 and some of the i7 line:
    The usual contenders are (higher to lower):

i7-870 > i7-860 > i5-750 > i5-670 > i5-661 > i5-660 > i5-650 > i3-540 > i3-530 > Pentium G9650

The most cost effective is the i5-750, or the i5-660 which retails around US$200 and give you more power than anything that AMD has to offer, or for some that you can use. And the next best thing is the i7-860 which has some more punch due to the higher clock (2.88GHZ against the 2.66GHZ) and the HT (hyperthreading).

*HT= is a technology developed in the pentium 4 era and that you have the double the amount of cores by creating virtually more, here's and example: i7-860 has 4 physical cores, but due to the virtualization of the HT it has 8 logical core (four physical and four virtual)

Now since this guide was made I have put some additions to it, some perceivable and important, and that's one of them. The new i5 and i3 offerings are very different from the i5-750 and the i7-860/870, they are made in the newest way the 32nm way. And do something quite extraordinary, inserting the graphics chip in the CPU, that's right the GPU is in the CPU! What we gain from this? More power for the overclocker! and cheaper motherboards, also a great boost in graphics (they are less atrocious now).

Upgrading the LGA 1156

I would go all the way with the i5-750, this processor has a very good punch, and the only reason you should go for the i7-860 is if you really need that power provided by the HT using for some heavy graphic work or the rendering for your 3d models. But upgrading this way it gives you more punch, but also more costs, albeit they are not that high.

Let's say you have a fairly common system:

Processor: Intel Dual Core E2180 - 2.0 GHZ
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945GCMX S2
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 667mhz
    Graphics Card: Palit Geforce 9800gt 512mb 256-bit

The 3 top ones are what interests us, now for the changes:
    Processor: i5-750 - 2.66GHZ -> Cost: US$200
    Motherboard: MSi P55-CD53 -> Cost: US$115
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1600mhz -> Cost: US$94

You had a total cost of upgrading this system of US$ 409 that's quite some dollars right? Although it will be 4X times more powerful than the pc that we had started. I seriously think this a good money spent, and it will be up and running in a good 3-4 years, let's spread this cost between a 3 year spam and you'll have US$ 11.36 of cost per month, think about it.

Why I changed the motherboard and the memory? because with a new socket (the LGA 1156) you will need tp change the motherboard, but the memory? this socket only utilizes the more powerful DDR3 memory, and as you can see with the change only in the mhz of the memory, its clear how much more powerful that is, about 2.4 times! and with double the memory!

For more info on those babies here is a link that can give you the right knowledge of what your paying for:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-cpu,2520.html

-LGA 1366 (Core i7)-

If you're reading this guide this is not for you, this socket was launched for two publics the people who need this as a server, or for those ubber geeks who like to grab about his pc (I'm not trying to offend anyone here). The thing is you probably don't need this kind of computing power and could have the much more money spent elsewhere. but here we go again.

This socket was developed to show to the world who's who in the leading edge of technology, we could argue that AMD is great company, and the athlon and phenom II lines are great, but they eat the subnitrate of dust with this chip! This thing here is a complete redesign from anything that intel had offered, gone is the FSB and introduced is the QPI and here we have a triple channel memory, cutting the bla bla it's the most powerful thing you can get, for now.

In this socket intel introduced the i7 900 line and is going to introduce the next semester a six core processor with 12 logical cores.

The only contender here worth noting is the i7-920, the others are placed in the stratosphere of nowhere land and are not worth the cost.

Upgrading the LGA 1366

Since if you have this socket you don't need to upgrade, the scenario here is the upgrade to this socket. I'm going to use the same example as for the socket 1156:

Processor: Intel Dual Core E2180 - 2.0 GHZ
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945GCMX S2
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 667mhz

The 3 top ones are what interests us, now for the changes:
    Processor: i7-920- 2.66GHZ -> Cost: US$289
    Motherboard: Foxconn Flaming Blade GTi-> Cost: US$155
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz -> Cost: US$140

You had a total cost of upgrading this system of US$ 584, that's for me too expensive since we can give you almost, and it's a short to medium almost performance with the i7-860, for minus dollars on the spending.

I really don't recommend to anyone to upgrade to this type of socket for some reasons:

1 - It's going to renew it's chip line in the next semester
    2- You'll probably don't need this kind of power, unless you do some serious 3d and graphics work
    3- It's too much expensive, for me atleast
    4- the money you saved on some other chip you can buy your girl/boyfriend a nice dinner, if you don't know the power of some romantic dinner boy you're missing it, especially the afterwards part, great thing my girl don't play total war games.

AMD

Seriously here, I had a lot of AMD based pcs, I'm pretty glad at then, but for now AMD has no offer that matches the i core line of intel, even the most lowly of the things the i5-750 can beat the top dog, this means you're not supposed to buy anything from then? Not in the slightest chance!

I'm going to focus on the actual line of AMD here the Phenom II line, since it developed this line, ALL OF THEIR CHIPS ARE FROM THE PHENOM II, not a single one is from the other lines (even if they're named Athlon or something something). Let's go with the usual suspects:

The Phenom II X3 720 Black edition US$ 119 -> it's a triple core
    The Phenom II X4 955 Black edition US$ 166 -> it's a quad core

Why only 2, in the intel part you put a lot of names processors and much more stuff that I had to read twice to get it? why? why?
    kiddo first thing is beacause I can, the second thing here is that those two are the only chips that I consider worth upgrading to, if you have a AMD based pc, and now the why's:

1- The Phenom II line is the most powerful line that AMD have, and seriously if you're going to upgrade your pc, it should last more 2 to 4 years until you upgrade again.
    2- They use the new and the old socket, WTF?! yes in the intel world you would have to upgrade to those new sockets, but if you have the AM2+ you can utilize these processors listed here, albeit they're AM3, the good thing here is if you have those sockets you should be fine, although if you have the AM2 socket you can't upgrade just the processor but also the motherboard and sure thing the memory that you're using

And so the things here are quite easier for us, you would have to update the BIOS of your pc and just plug those new beasts there. My personnal choice here is the Phenom II X4 Black edition, why?

Simply put, it's more worth than the X3 720 in terms of price and power, although it's stated in a lot of places in the net that you can unlock the forth core of the X3 720 it's not a sure thing, hell some of those chips are the ones that didn't quite cut to the job of being quad cores and were going to be discarded, and sure thing 3 cores works, let's sell it.

The upgrade path here is quite simple just update your BIOS and put the new babies in it, but sure thing let's go buy some more memory to teach those intel boys that we will have more money for that fancy dinner with the girl/boyfriend!

Processor: The Phenom II X4 955 Black edition -> Cost: US$166

Total upgrade cost US$ 260, take that!*

* In the cost here should be noted that you will have to take in consideration an ALREADY AMD PC, if you're a intel user this shouldn't be worth the cost since you're going to buy a motherboard also, and as such, it should be almost equal the price with a 10% to 20% performance increase with the intel i5-750, with less than that price in the cost increase.

=Memory=

The PC don't function if you don't put some memory in it why? it needs to store some information that you need on the go, it's not the permanent type, like in the hd, it's more things that he needs on the fly, and for such jobs the hd with a much slower read and write can't compete.

There are two types of memory in the market now, and sure thing only one of those that we can give a danm about.

-the DDR2 and the DDR3-

I'm not going to the specifics here, but as in all things computer related the size matters, and the basics that you need to know for buying those things are:

-DDR3 gives the best performance of the DDR2
    -most pcs now come with the DDR3 instead of DDR2
    -if you upgrade please note that your motherboard must support DDR3, and the speed of the memory, example some boards don't support DDR3 at 2000mhz but a speed of 1600mhz should be fine with it, pay special atention if your motherboard is old and you're going to keep it!
    - the prices are almost the same for the both types
    - Watch for the voltage as it might give you the fritz when it fries your motherboard
    - CAS?!!?! that's my name ain't it? no it's how many cycles it needs to give you some information, and so against all of the laws in pcs, the lower the number the better, example the memory that I had put in here is a 4g 1600mhz and it has a CAS 9, it means that it takes 9 cycles at a speed of 1600mhz to give you this information! Although the lower the CAS the better, it mattered much more in the days of DDR2 since such high speeds of 1600mhz, 2000mhz were not possible, and the common speed back then was 667 to 800mhz, pretty slower ain't it?

here are some memories that I recommend:

DDR3 2000mhz
    4g
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231281
    6g
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231254

DDR3 1600mhz
    4g
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231277
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231321
    6g
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220441

=hd=

Ahhh those films that I love and the series ohhh the series, and the games you can't forget the games! That's what your hd don't forget all day, and all night, he is there to remember things, to record in his little disks, for us, such a memory... And so why are you putting this here it's pretty simple to buy a hd these days ain't it? yes it is, but these guide is for concious buys, and for such you will have to learn to unlearn (love yoda).

SSDs:

They're the most novelty of the market, they work like the thumb drive that you and I commonly use, they don't have moveable parts and they're FAST AND EXPENSIVE! if you have the money go get one if not do as I do, wait.... The best out there is the Intel X-25M, that constantly gets break down by some upgrades from intel....

-The speed-

-Is defined by the:
    -size of the hd-> the more the better
    -the spindle speed, measured in rpms-> the more the faster
    -the cache (the information that it can store in a much faster memory that it has in it) measured in mbs-> the more the better

The best buy out there is the 1TB Samsung F3 spinpoint, wich retails around US$90

-RAID-

What the heck are you raiding my villages! you basterd! (pum intended). Back to the point, here is something that some of you already saw or know, but what is RAID.

RAID is a conjunction of hd that read and writes the same information in 2 or more hd. What? If you need speed and data security this is the way to go. Why?

Copying the same information in some hd, might give you less headaches when one of your hd goes puff the dragon, and more speed, and clearly that's something that we all like.

-Type of RAIDs-

Here will go the most common ones (and more feasible ones). Remember this a server technology that has migrated to the PC at your home, and as such RAIDs 5 and 10 are not going to be here.

RAID 0 - is the most common one, gives you a heck of lot speed (doubles it) since you're dividing a file between two hd, and as such the bandwith of the read/write is doubled. The BIG problem here is that if one of your hd goes saying that he likes the android from the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, than you have a serious problem. Since the information is equally divided in 2 hd, i.e. you have a file with 4kb, 2kb goes to one hd and the remaining goes to the other, you have a problem that all that is there is lost, simply put all of it.

RAID 1 - is trying to become the common one for some time, although it gives you almost the speed of the RAID 0, you possibly won't have the same problem that is losing all the data. WHY? It needs 3 hd to operate, and for such things what does it do? It writes the like RAID 0 in 2 hd while the third is the backup, it stores all the information in it, and so it gives you almost the same performance (since you need to write in the other hd), and is by far chance more secure.

What is the best RAID array out there? the RAID 5 but you will need at least 3 hd for a good result make it 5, that's the problem here.

=Graphics Cards and Monitors=

These are the core of your playing so treat then good. There are 2 manufacturers that produce it for consumers, ATI and NVIDIA. Intel cards are not for gaming, and are onboard cards, if you want to play something go with dedicated cards like ATI or Nvidia

-ATI-

They are a good producer of those things, I actually like them more than Nvidia (the drivers oh the drivers), and are much cheaper than they're counter part, and for now they are the ones that have the cards compatible with the directx 11 for windows 7 and vista.

Current Line up:
    HD5000: HD 5970> HD 5870> HD 5850> HD 5770> HD 5750> HD 5670> HD 5570> HD 5450
    HD4000: HD 4870X2> HD 4890> HD 4870> HD 4850> HD 4830= HD 4770> HD 4670> HD 4650

Currently the HD 5000 is the best one out there, it gives you eyefinity and DX 11.

-Nvidia-

They now produce the most powerful graphics card (single chip) around the GTX 480, they produce the only phycisX graphics card, and for some they're the best!

Current Line up:
    GTX 400: GTX 480> GTX 470
    GT 300: REBRANDING, NOT WORTH IT
    GT 200: GTX 295> GTX 285> GTX 280> GTX 275> GTX 260> GTS 250 (AKA 9800 GT AKA 8800 GT)> GT 240*
    9000 G: 9800 G> 9600 G> 9500 G> 9400 G*

* in the Nvidia world there's lots of flavors, and they are showed to us in letters, and now they're here with a ranking order, the usual higher to lower:
    GTX > GTS > GT > GSO > GS

Now here comes a warning, the new GTX 400 line is fast! They have a usual performance bump from the HD5870 of usual 5-10% (according to Anandtech). BUT they're late to the game, they have a extremely HOT card, the GTX 480 can go as high as 98C! and are overpriced, and are drunk in power, not to count the loudness of things, ironically it was in the sound part that let me down the most, they don't have the latest sound tech around, the DTS high def Dolby thing. If you want to buy these babies be sure to have the correct airflow in your pc. To verify it buy some dry ice out in a cup and let the case open only the sufficient for you to see the airflow, and avoid disruptions on it. Be warned, this is not for normal mid towers, they really have to have a hefty airflow!

-The memory-

The graphics card come with a variety of memories, and so let's give something something here, the usual the more the merrier, but pay attention, that only implies that your graphics card can handle more things in the screen ( a good thing for strategy games, or for people who like to put AA on their games), that's it. You have to see if the extra cost is worth it!

=Monitor=

Since I have noticed an lack of knowledge about monitors let's go for some little things

1- If you would like to build the ubber game pc fine, do it, but for a HIGH END MACHINE YOU NEED ALL THE COMPONENTS TO BE HIGH END, you can't go cheap on the monitor!

I protest! The monitor costs me a good US$ 300, and that's not cheap! kiddo it is, and don't argue with me in here.

2- The resolution dictates what graphics card that you'll need.

3- The image quality is as of know without a good unit measure, since contrast levels are measured differently by each company. Best solution go take a look at one in some physical store.

4- The Brightness level measured in nits, the higher the better

5- The black level, if it looks grey don't get even close it might be contagious

6- The best you can get as of now is the Cinema Display from apple, or the ultrasharp series from Dell, there are some quality hans G and BenQ always puts a good price tag in theirs.

Monitor Resolutions, Graphics Card and Game Settings table

Here it is:

I made a mistake in here the HD 5870 is better than the Nvidia GTX 285:

Quote Originally Posted by Spaxspore View Post
    It isnt i own both and the 5870 is faster.

Some proof

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...review-test/22

Here is a link that might be useful:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...5970,2491.html

-Recomendations-

I recommend for now the HD 5700 series for 1920*1080 and the HD 5670 for 1680*1050, why?

-The HD 5700 gives you the same performance that a GTX 260 core 216 from Nvidia and for the HD 5670 it gives you the same performance as the 9800 GT, which is by any standards a great thing, but here you have directX 11 instead of a directX 10, and well you have the eyefinity thing which is: you can connect up to 3 screens to play your things, again by any standards is a great thing.

=PSU=

Your pc needs to eat power! Let keeps your well fed!

Upgrading your pc is one thing adding much more power consumption is another thing! The most probable course is that you might need a good PSU to cope with that much more power need in your pc!

The basics here is to give more than you demand, and the margin for that is at least 30% more. And so for the pc that I used for example in the LGA 1156 part of this tutorial might be a good example:

Processor: i5-750 - 2.66GHZ -> Cost: US$200
    Motherboard: MSi P55-CD53 -> Cost: US$115

The consumption of a system like this shold be in the 350W mark, and so a responsable thing should be buying a PSU worth of 450W, anything more than this your giving your energy company more dollars than you should. How to calculate those things? Every pc component has the information on how much energy it consumes, but for simplifying things see the energy consumption of the processor, wich usually is around the 65 to 130W and add the consumption of the graphics card wich is around 80W to 200W and add more of the other parts of the system a more 70W and you shold have the consupmtion and the PSU you need.

When buying a new PSU do please for the sake of your bank account use a 80 plus certified PSU, please!

Builds

Here is a new addition to this guide, some pre configured desktops. I will focus on 3 budgets:

=The 500 bullet=

(this build is go for the budget conscious, the mainstream gamer that can get good frame rates of games without giving your liver for the machine, this will give you a good performance in games up to 1680*1050 resolution, most of those will be maxed out)
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz - 99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103704

Motherboard: ASRock 770 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX - 74.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157195

Memory: OCZ Special Ops Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - 95 (rebate 10 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227558

HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM - 74.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

Video Card: ATI HD 5670 512mb - 86.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161319

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W - 59.99 (there is a rebate, its 20 bucks in rebate)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341016

Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 341 - 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119193

Total (with rebates): 500.95

-The low budget Intel-

Processor: Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz - 114.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115222

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 - 109.99 (rebate 10 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128429

Memory: OCZ Special Ops Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - 95 (rebate 10 bucks)

Video Card: ATI HD 5670 512mb - 86.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161319

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W - 59.99 (there is a rebate, its 20 bucks in rebate)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341016

Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 341 - 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119193

Total (with rebates): 541.94

=The 1000 Gold Spot=

-AMD Version-
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz - 199.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103851

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 - 139.99 (rebate 15 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128416

Video Card: ATI HD 5850 1g - 289.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150494

PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W - 69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171052

Case: Antec P183 -149.99 (rebate 20 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129061

Total (with rebates) - 974.94

-Intel Version-

Processor: i5 750 2.66GHZ - 194.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115215

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 - 109.99 (rebate 10 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128429

Video Card: ATI HD 5850 1g - 289.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150494

PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W - 69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171052

Case: Antec P183 -149.99 (rebate 20 bucks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129061

Total (with rebates) - 944.94

=The Dream machine=

Processor: i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz - 289.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115225

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 - 239.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131641

Memory: 2X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 - 184.99 X 2 = 333.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231306

HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB - 94.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533

SSD: Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB - 369
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148348

Video Card: 2X SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100281-2GVXSR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 2GB - 479.99 X 2 = 959.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102893

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W - 139.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139010

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 - 749.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133089

Cooling: CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50 - 79.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181010
    (there are better cooling systems that are closed, as this one, but I'm too lazy now to search, read reviews, compare, and so forth)

Total: 3257.90

=Online Stores per Country=

I'm going to add a new section that might help some of you out there on the verge of buying/upgrading your pcs, please Contribute to this section since I'm from Brazil and don't have the knowledge on those things:

-US-

-UK-

The ends the guide hope you enjoyed! Any errors or might need corrections and updates please write in the thread that I don't usually read PM!

Thank you!
    Last edited by karamazovmm; July 10, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes