Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Empire Troubleshooting Thread

Default Re: Troubleshoot, or the What the heck happened!

My system specs are in portuguese so I'll do my best to translate them
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor 3.00GHz
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    HD: 221/466 GB
    Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024
    THE PROBLEM (dont fail me now english):
    I bought ETW in a store a few days ago, installed it without any trouble and played it while using a cheat hack for money called Cheat 'O Matic (dont worry, I didnt get anywhere near multiplayer), after 6 hours of playing i decided to download some mods from this very site, so i started with Empire Total Factions mod but since i couldnt use this mod with the cheat 'o matic (the game CTD when i activated the hack) i uninstalled the mod and went to download another mod, this time the 5 versions of the brigadiers drum roll cadence mod (by brigadier Graham) and the mod worked fine (i think i downloaded the mod manager tool to use it) - at this point the game is working perfectly as i expand my empire further into india and central america - then i had an idea to look for more mods so i came back to twcenter and found an incredible mod that makes the AI actually non retarded (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=445885), but i thought: what if i cant use this mod with the mighty cheat 'o matic? so i started to think and decided that i would download the mod and would stop cheating so i downloaded it and then it happened for the first time, the game crashed in the splash screen (before the intro movies), so i uninstalled the mod and started the game again but with no mod but this time i wanted to play as the British so i started a new campaign and hit alt+tab to activate the money hack but when i went back to the game i wasnt working anymore so i pressed ctrl+alt+tab and there is was: Empire Total War (this game is not responding) so i closed the game and started it again, started another campaign as the British with no hack and it was working but i didnt wanted to play a campaign as a poor nation so i went back and re installed the Empire Total Factions mod (dont ask me why, i dont know it either) and the game didnt worked (it CTD in the splash screen again) so i understood that i had fudged up my game and the only way to play the way i wanted was to load on my old dutch campaign but when i started the game, it CTD in the splash screen (no more mods and the cheat 'o matic closed) so i uninstalled my game and reinstalled it but it didnt worked so i asked for help for my dad and he restored my computer exactly to 2 days before i installed the game but again that didnt worked so i came here looking for help and read that it was a simple solution: uninstall steam and ETW, reboot, use ccleaner reboot and clean any possible remniscent of the game or the mods and reboot again then reinstalled the game but it is still crashing to desktop in the splash screen so i come here to ask for guidance cause i know that only some kind of god can give me a solution other than buying a new computer and a new game
    PS: i have already used the cheat 'o matic for alot of other games and this have never happened so i dont think the cheat o matic is the problem

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Any cheats/hacks can make a mess of the game, especially mods. Either one but not both at the same time.

yes but i deleted all of them while uninstalling steam
    Last edited by Brasileiro Chapado de Plantão; December 10, 2011 at 03:36 PM.

Did you delete the Empire folder hidden in the The Creative assembly folder along with the one in the Steam folder?

yes, actually i just uninstalled the game and steam again and i deleted everything possible related to steam using the regedit command and i will try to install the game again on another steam account that im going to create

Good luck.

it worked, thanks for the support and the quick replies irishron, i would +rep you if you teach me how...

No rep necessary as you need to be here a week and have 25 posts to do it. The main thing is it worked. Enjoy the game.

oh ok, thanks

what the heck is happening with that game (also Napoleon)

i have extreme lag (both campaign map and battles). I can play Shogun 2 with almost everything maxed (included tesselation), i can play BF3 on high settings , i can play the majority of pc games with high/ultra/1080p settings but Empire seems to have a big problem (DX9 game of 2009!!) its a shame especially if someone bought these games. I bought Empire+Napoleon edition and i did not even finished them because of these problems.

you can see my pc rig on my signature
    post apocalyptic
    metal gear solid - greek fans

"οὐκ ἐν τῷ πολλῷ τὸ εὖ

Empire = one core, sometimes 2, depending which computer and what part of the game.
    Napoleon = Empire plus a little better optimization.
    Shogu2 = check the gfx'log.txt to see how much the game has downgraded your graphics settings.

CPU: Intel Core Duo E6750 2,66 GHz
    RAM: 2GB RAM
    HD: 300GB
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
    monitor/resolution:1280x1024

I got 1.5 patch installed.
    I'm playing as France, and in the second turn, after the declaration of war by the dutch, they offer me this peace trety. The problem is that there are no buttons to accept it or refuse...the game don't continues from here...Ideas?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Condestável View Post
    CPU: Intel Core Duo E6750 2,66 GHz
    RAM: 2GB RAM
    HD: 300GB
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
    monitor/resolution:1280x1024

I got 1.5 patch installed.
    I'm playing as France, and in the second turn, after the declaration of war by the dutch, they offer me this peace trety. The problem is that there are no buttons to accept it or refuse...the game don't continues from here...Ideas?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Looks like an old glitch in the system. It was a bug when the game was released.

Verify the game cache.

Post your dxdiag.

hello,

im kinda having a problem with my game and i have no idea how it's keeps happening !
    every time i start up a new grand campain, and only when i sart a new campain i seem to have an problem with my units. All my units lack a serious number of men, all units are like this:

-general's bg's: 8 man in unit
    -cavalry unit: 15 men and horsies
    -artillery unit: 6 men in unit
    -infantry 40 man in unit

i have no idea how this happend, iv'e tried some thing to resolved this and nothing worked:
    -delete and re-install the content on steam
    -looked in the settings before starting the grand campain, also tried other nations
    -changed the unit size in multiplayer back to normal ( had it on small )
    -be very angry

does anyone has any idea what's the problem and how to resolve this matter ?

thx,
    Sir. Rikey

Hi Sir Rikey, sounds to me like the game has auto-set the unit size to small - it's changeable under the main menu options.

On another note, I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out at all? I've had Empire since its release and used to play it on a PC that barely scraped minimum specs. In the last few days i've got a new comp running windows 7, however whenever I attempt to load it, i briefly get the initializing text box which then vanishes. the game loads (the cursor changes and i can click towards bottom of the screen to find the exit game button) but i get no visuals, just a frozen background of the desktop.

I know all the hardware is well within recommended specs & I've tried pretty much everything i can think of and everything recommended both on here and other sites including removing and reinstalling both the game and steam repeatedly. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by supersheen View Post
    Hi Sir Rikey, sounds to me like the game has auto-set the unit size to small - it's changeable under the main menu options.

On another note, I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out at all? I've had Empire since its release and used to play it on a PC that barely scraped minimum specs. In the last few days i've got a new comp running windows 7, however whenever I attempt to load it, i briefly get the initializing text box which then vanishes. the game loads (the cursor changes and i can click towards bottom of the screen to find the exit game button) but i get no visuals, just a frozen background of the desktop.

I know all the hardware is well within recommended specs & I've tried pretty much everything i can think of and everything recommended both on here and other sites including removing and reinstalling both the game and steam repeatedly. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated!
    Post your dxdiag. Some of these new ones have worse specs than my Dell I bought ten years ago.

Many thanks

You're not going to like it but I don't know if it will run even after updating it.
    1. You better have the driver cd with that hopefully came with your new computer with Win 7 drivers on it or you're not getting very far.
    a. Graphics not showing up correctly.
    b. Sound drivers are a guess in the dark.

The graphics description comes up like Nvidia so try www.nvidia.com to see if there is a match for GoForce 5500.
    www.realtek.com.tw and hopefully its AC97 drivers are newer but I don't hold my breath.
    Activate your copy of Win 7 and run Windows Update manually installing everything it finds starting with Service Pack 1.
    Contact VIA support for drivers for your board. Their site acts like it does not exist.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484 will be a must.

Cross your fingers and pray.

Well thanks irishron, tbh I bought the PC on the cheap with the plan of wiping and redoing the whole lot...was just hoping to get a cheeky game in first

I have been playing empire for the past 5 months on this computer with the graphics all on high. I downloaded darthmod about 4 months ago and everything still worked. This week the game stopped working for me. I get to the main menu, but I t crashes when I try to start a campaign. I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled, verified the cache, deleted every file I could find relating to darthmod or empire by using the search feature, I have uninstalled sound drivers and reinstalled. I don't know what to do about this anymore.