Thread: Bug/CTD Report 1.6a

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Bug/CTD Report 1.6a

Post em if you got any.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Nolthra's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug/CTD Report 1.6a

I am playing Bosporus and I get a CTD when attacking Olbia. I have tried to auto resolve, manually fight, wait for them to sally, and also tried breaking off the attacking and going back to it later. It is always the same, it will get to the loading screen for the battle and as soon as it loads 100% it will CTD. Running off of a clean install from last night with BI.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
    Alle manns venn er ingen mann tru.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

I need more details, such as a save game or at least a list of all units involved in the battle on all sides.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Nolthra's Avatar Civis

Ok, file uploaded.

Just tried another game with a friend as Bosporus and we rushed to that town, still getting a CTD when we try to take it.
    Last edited by Nolthra; January 31, 2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Update
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Its a terrain issue. You'll need to auto-resolve to get around the battle (which I checked on the save game you provided and it will auto-resolve without any problems).

Nolthra's Avatar Civis

Auto Resolve worked for you? Hmm will go back and do it again. Thanks man +rep.

ReichsDuvalle's Avatar Laetus
    Somewhere in asia, the country shapes like hunched person

i get CTD when i conquer Massilia and sometimes i CTD when i fend off enemies sieging me, also i CTD when i capture a huge city like Syracuse

spelling mistake on the 11th House Rule

Comamders

Hi!

I got a similar CTD when playing a battle defending Thessalonica from a Siege from Macedon. I'm Roma, turn is 483 AUC Winter. Version is of course RS 1.6a on the corresponding RTW/BW, English version.

I tried the following to rule out some possibilities:

- Use "View settlement on battle map" on the same circumstances without actually playing the battle -> CTD
    - Use the same "View settlement" on previous turn without the invading army -> CTD
    - Same as before, without any of my units on the settlement -> CTD
    - Same as before, demolishing ALL demolishable buildings -> CTD

Using "View settlement" on any other of my controlled settlements on Italy or Greece, produced no CTD.

So I'm pretty sure there's a problem on that settlement (Thessalonica), probably on the terrain, just like the previous case.

I will autoresolve, just wanted to make you know.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Apologies, I should have posted this here originally:

Could anyone explain why this is happening? It's on a clean install of RTW with the Alexander expansion. It only occurs during winter and so far I've only noticed it over Sicily and Italy, but the texture does not look like snow and it only covers a large square of the terrain, as you can see in this picture.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Im playing as the Macedon and attacking the last Greek Cities` town at Crete. Battle loads fine, but after Ive won the batte the game crashes after loading, when back to campaign map. The problem lies in the Greek faction leader who is reinforsing the town, i think, because it also crashed when I sank the ship wich carried him and his forse. But I have killed their first king before at Rhodes without any problems.
    Please help!

[Edit] I did set Autosave at FALSE in the txt file as instructed in install
    Last edited by DuketheMercyless; February 28, 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Apologies, I should have posted this here originally:

Could anyone explain why this is happening? It's on a clean install of RTW with the Alexander expansion. It only occurs during winter and so far I've only noticed it over Sicily and Italy, but the texture does not look like snow and it only covers a large square of the terrain, as you can see in this picture.

i have this prob too i have a new install of RTW 1.5

Hello Everybody!
    First of all, I know that I am Brazilian and I could translate this text using translators. I apologize in advance if I'm doing something wrong, post in the wrong place.

In Brazil, this game is not very famous, so I had to go for answers in forums foreigners.

I'm new in this forum.

Roma Surrectum game a long time.

Well,

I'm having a problem every time I try to access the option of seeing the city on the battlefield, every time I do it, the game of the following error.

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture data / model_unit / texture / lak_hippeis.tga

I've seen a topic with this same error.

But could not the solution.

Please ask someone more knowledgeable, knows how to solve this problem.

Grateful. sorry for bad english.
    Juliano

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not.. or possible vanilla bug.

On two occasions whilst using Siege equipment i can't move them whilst in deployment phase, when out of deployment phase i can move them but not select units and align to position. rotating them only causes a bugged formation.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joroviol View Post
    Hello Everybody!
    First of all, I know that I am Brazilian and I could translate this text using translators. I apologize in advance if I'm doing something wrong, post in the wrong place.

In Brazil, this game is not very famous, so I had to go for answers in forums foreigners.

I'm new in this forum.

Roma Surrectum game a long time.

Well,

I'm having a problem every time I try to access the option of seeing the city on the battlefield, every time I do it, the game of the following error.

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture data / model_unit / texture / lak_hippeis.tga

I've seen a topic with this same error.

But could not the solution.

Please ask someone more knowledgeable, knows how to solve this problem.

Grateful. sorry for bad english.
    Juliano
    You must be using an old version of the mod, this is not be an issue with RS1.6a.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Stason View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not.. or possible vanilla bug.

On two occasions whilst using Siege equipment i can't move them whilst in deployment phase, when out of deployment phase i can move them but not select units and align to position. rotating them only causes a bugged formation.
    This is a terrain issue, it won't be fixed for 1.6a but I believe has been fixed or at least worked around for RS2.

until now i've reported two CTD:

1- while sieging Thessalonica, when i conquer the city---> CTD... i'm trying to autoresolve, but macedons are tought so i'm loseing legion after legion (damn't)

2- while sieging Philipponia (?), when i conquer the city----> CTD... like before, i'm trying to autoresolve but.... they are strong.... and i lose all.... great

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyVodkeR View Post
    until now i've reported two CTD:

1- while sieging Thessalonica, when i conquer the city---> CTD... i'm trying to autoresolve, but macedons are tought so i'm loseing legion after legion (damn't)

The Thessalonica sounds like a terrain issue as previously mentioned in this thread (see post 9).

2- while sieging Philipponia (?), when i conquer the city----> CTD... like before, i'm trying to autoresolve but.... they are strong.... and i lose all.... great
    This sounds like a reinforcement CTD, the game CTDs when you select any of the three conquer options correct? Just make sure that you attack any reinforcing army before it attempts to lift the siege.
    Last edited by Squid; April 20, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    This sounds like a reinforcement CTD, the game CTDs when you select any of the three conquer options correct? Just make sure that you attack any reinforcing army before it attempts to lift the siege.
    Yes, it happens when i select a conquer option!

Thank you for the answer i'll try soon and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    The Thessalonica sounds like a terrain issue as previously mentioned in this thread (see post 9).

Thank you for the advices not i don't have any problem

Playing as Parthia - sieging Paradraya, CTD on loading screen... only autoresolve works
    Last edited by Harken; May 17, 2010 at 07:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast