Thread: trouble with ai

Default trouble with ai

Im having a problem with this mod and I havent been able to find anything with the search.

I installed it over SS 6.2 with no other mods and Ive found that the ai seems incredibly passive (on VHVH); 40 turns went by without me being attacked once. The ai also doesnt seem to garrison properly. They'll stack armies outside of cities but rarely more than a unit or two inside. I thought I read somewhere that removing forts fixes the problem, and I tried that, but no change.

Thanks in advance.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: trouble with ai

MMcC

could you let us know what faction you're playing and which campaign - may be specific problem with those.

garrisons - AI prefers to garrison with a general and let the armies go out and fight.
    unless a settlement is under direct threat there's no need for a a garrison.

Default Re: trouble with ai

Ive had this same problem with both kiev and the moors.

As for the garrison issue, heres an example:

I sent an army after a hungarian(at war) city playing as kiev. They had three armies in the region one right next to the settlement, another just south, and the third in the eastern region of the territory. The third army advanced to intercept me while the other two remained in place. I killed the third army, sieged the city, and took it. The other two armies, which did nothing, remained in place even after i controlled the settlement for 5 turns.