Thread: Going Chaos

Default Going Chaos

I don't know if it's a bug, a feature or what, so I ask.

At turn 18, after having defeated the Beastmen and conquered their last settlement, the entire Middeland (myself) turned to Nurgle (with consequent war declaration from the entire Empire and "Game Over" at turn 25 after a crusade).
    Why? I suppose that this was caused by having too many non-believers in my cities (between 20 to 40% in every city), am I right?

"With such valorous troops, I could easily become King of Italy"
    Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Going Chaos

I think that is a scripted event.

so, at every 18th turn Middenland turns into Nurgle? Isn't that a bit absurd?

Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)

like you say, that happend cause the empire religion was very low, and most of your cities has heretics, so yeah it was very probablu that caused the turn to chaos

In CoW the recruiting and dispersement of Priests to combat heresy is critical!

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Von G View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug, a feature or what, so I ask.

Why? I suppose that this was caused by having too many non-believers in my cities (between 20 to 40% in every city), am I right?
    Kill your faction leader in suicidal combat and things back to normal.
    To prevent it in future build churches.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Thank you guys. Btw, amazing mod

Tiro

You Can use it as a reason to conquer some land from your neighbours. I wouldn't like to go into suicide with any of the real warhammer leaders like Count Boris, Count Marius, Karl Franz etc though, so would I have to play another faction when I do this as I like unique real lore charachters more than anything.

Count Boris died in an epic duel against a Champion of Khorne, during one of the best battles I've ever had in a TW game

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Did you win that battle?

Yes, barely. Few brave Middenlanders went back home after that battle, carrying the dire news of the death of the Count. But at least the invasion of the Chaos horde had been repelled.

In my game he's mostly sitting around in Middenheim, occasionaly fighting back the emerging Beastmen Horde, while Ar Ulric Emil Valgeir does most of the fighting. By now, he wins 1:3 odds against Chaos with heroic victory on autoresolve...you might say he's pretty kickarse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah i sent my heir on a sucicide journey and he faced 4k beastmen 3 armies vs my 900 troops.
    Still losts but managed to kill of 3400 of them. The princes guard took out 400 while the white wolfs took out 850. =P

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrionder View Post
    Yeah i sent my heir on a sucicide journey and he faced 4k beastmen 3 armies vs my 900 troops.
    Still losts but managed to kill of 3400 of them. The princes guard took out 400 while the white wolfs took out 850. =P
    With perfect timed cavalry attacks you can win a battle against a full army of infantry with one cavalry unit. That's how CoW works and i love it.
    Not like damn vanilla when Sergeant Spearmen cut your knights to pieces.