Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: John McCain

Default John McCain

He might just be the next U.S. president...What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by samuraidoykins
    He might just be the next U.S. president...What are your thoughts?
    No he won't. I would never vote for the guy. Seriously, we are probably going to see the biggest group of morons (both parties) run in 2008. Basically, I would vote for anyone who came out openly for immigration law enforcement, regardless of party. I hate to be a single issue voter, but the problem has seriously gotten that bad.

Indefinitely Banned

Although I don't agree with McCain on everything, I do like him very much. He is one of the very few politicians who actually has integrity.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

John McCain will never get my vote. He is a Republican who has always wanted to be a Democrat. I don't think that Democrats like him too much and Republicans won't believe anything he says. He won't make it.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Senator

What the hell?

McCain is a moderate Republican, and I WILL vote for him. I just hope to god he runs. If I remember correctly, it was pretty close between him and George W. Bush last election's primaries.
    Last edited by SovietDoom; September 14, 2005 at 07:06 PM.

Civitate

I think McCain's fantastic, even though I'm more liberal. I would sacrifice some social issues just to have someone who's intelligent, capable, and responsible in office (A combination that we haven't fully realized for quite a long time...much as I like Clinton). I have no idea what his actual chances are though; I don't know much about how the political game works.

Under the patronage of Last_Crusader.

Call me a dreamer, but if I were in charge of nominating Republicans I'd go straight for a McCain/Giuliani ticket. Even if you don't agree with their platform, they're a dream team! Much Better than anything the dems can put up. Although Obama would be a popular choice.

Only issue with Mccain is age otherwise if he runs baring anyone else notable running (Rudy!) he'll get my vote. Probably wierd thing about him is I see so many socially liberal people who like him even though he is pretty much on the mark with GWB on social issues though he doesnt use religion.

Call me a dreamer, but if I were in charge of nominating Republicans I'd go straight for a McCain/Giuliani ticket. Even if you don't agree with their platform, they're a dream team! Much Better than anything the dems can put up. Although Obama would be a popular choice.
    Agreed ideal ticket though it would scare away the religious conseratives so would have to reach out more in order to win but that is a good thing imo. Im not big on Obama really he hasnt done enough to warrent all the attention he gets, he is a fanastic speaker that is for sure but I dont think he has 'earned' it yet. And to put it in perspective he beat Keyes for senate seat, Im reasonable sure *I* (or anyone here on these forums) could beat Keyes.

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Obama is good, so is McCain.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danzig
    Only issue with Mccain is age otherwise if he runs baring anyone else notable running (Rudy!) he'll get my vote. Probably wierd thing about him is I see so many socially liberal people who like him even though he is pretty much on the mark with GWB on social issues though he doesnt use religion.

Agreed ideal ticket though it would scare away the religious conseratives so would have to reach out more in order to win but that is a good thing imo. Im not big on Obama really he hasnt done enough to warrent all the attention he gets, he is a fanastic speaker that is for sure but I dont think he has 'earned' it yet. And to put it in perspective he beat Keyes for senate seat, Im reasonable sure *I* (or anyone here on these forums) could beat Keyes.
    That would actually be great in the long run. Although I would highly disagree with their terrorism policies for sure, as well as other things, it would kill the christian right in the "culture war." I really don't have a problem with Republicans or conservatives for the most part besides the christian right and the rednecks. I would endure a few years of some questionable policies in order to defeat the christians. Not like anyone the Dems put up will be good anyway. I would take McCain over Hillary any day.

About Obama, he has potential but i hated all this "rising star" stuff, what has he done? Oh yeah, hes a black person with charisma He can be good, or possibly great, but he hasnt shown that yet.

And seriously...I could've whooped Alan keyes, that guy's got issues.

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

I like McCain, he has integrity and certainly seems to be a politician with a least a shred of dignity left in him. I wouldn't expect the shenanigans I see from Bush Co. coming from him. The only major issue I disagree with him on is his stance on the Iraq War.

If it's between him and Hillary, and I really hope it isnt, I'd vote McCain. Now if it were Bill Clinton...that changes things...

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

visigothe's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    John McCain will never get my vote. He is a Republican who has always wanted to be a Democrat. I don't think that Democrats like him too much and Republicans won't believe anything he says. He won't make it.
    thats why he has my vote

stinking republicans the only reason i vote republican is because i hate democrats even more

america needs to be moderate (on our scale) not to either side screw bush, screw clinton (hillary)

Outlined against a blue, grey October Sky the four horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden.

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

I agree vizigothe, I think after the partisan rancor and divisiveness of the past 5 years, and probably the next 3, I think we need someone who will tie this nation back together again, and I think McCain is the best option for that. He's Republican, and loathe as I am to say it they are on a roll these days...kind of. But he's moderate enough to be palatable to most centrist Democrats as well.

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I think the next elections will be good. Im hoping it will be Obama vs. McCain. McCain'd only problem is he has a bad temper. But i doubt he can win the Republican primary..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Indefinitely Banned

Like I said above, Obama hasnt proven anything, hes not running for president in '08.

and...McCain, bad temper?

Ive never seen him with a bad temper, he speaks his mind and doesn't put on a little nice show like others but I wouldn't say hes got a bad temper.
    Last edited by Atheist Peace; September 14, 2005 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    That would actually be great in the long run. Although I would highly disagree with their terrorism policies for sure, as well as other things, it would kill the christian right in the "culture war." I really don't have a problem with Republicans or conservatives for the most part besides the christian right and the rednecks. I would endure a few years of some questionable policies in order to defeat the christians. Not like anyone the Dems put up will be good anyway. I would take McCain over Hillary any day.
    Yeah thats why I bang my head against these forums sometimes not every republican or conserative is part of the religious right, its simply the most vocal group so drives me nuts when people lump us all together. We are no more the same then Al Sharpton like democrats represent that party Rudy and Mccain are prime examples of it, neither wear their faith on their sleeve. If Rudy could turn things around here in NYC then there is nothing he cant do imo!

And seriously...I could've whooped Alan keyes, that guy's got issues.
    Only thing Keyes should be running for is head basketcase at a mental hospital.

Indefinitely Banned

And if i may add something about Hillary.

Please, to all new yorkers, vote against her in 06, she can't become president and if she is weakened in the senate election she will have less capital in 08. I dont particularly like Pirro, so perhaps I just wont support anyone. I would write a letter to my congressman saying to challenge her in the primary, but it would be political suicide and he isn't exactly one to put something important over his career

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

What? Vote against Hillary? Why? She supports everything that I like!

Actually, with all sarcasm aside, Hillary will support anything that get's her more votes even if she has to contradict herself. She is like a female Kerry although she hasn't won any hearts. She certainly hasn't won mine!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    What? Vote against Hillary? Why? She supports everything that I like!

Actually, with all sarcasm aside, Hillary will support anything that get's her more votes even if she has to contradict herself. She is like a female Kerry although she hasn't won any hearts. She certainly hasn't won mine!
    Agreed, that for the most part is what i hate about her, and why i like McCain.

I've predicted for a long time now that McCain will be the next president of the U.S., and I also predict he'll be a good one at that.

Sibstradamus hath spoken.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast