Thread: No roads in Syracuse

Semisalis

Default No roads in Syracuse

Hello everyone,
    First of all sorry for being such a noob, I havenīt played M2TW in ages. Anyways gave your mod a try yesterday and Iīm playing it with BGR IV Enhanced and am really enjoying myself. One thing in my Sicily campaign appears rather strange though. I cannot construct the improved roads in Syracuse. They are available in all other towns and castles and everyhing else seems correct in Syracuse. So I am wondering, what is this? A bug, something wrong with my installation, or an actual feature of the mods? Anyways great mod

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: No roads in Syracuse

MrT,
    In Medieval times they did not spend much time in road building, so hence this has been reflected in SS, where only some territories, will have the ability to improve the road network. Sadly even with well constructed Roman roads, they were not maintained.
    I played as Sicily recently and even with Palermo at Citadel level, I cannot remember improved roads

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Semisalis

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Makes perfect sense actually, liking it. Any other such
    features I should be aware of?

Well, you'll notice that the majority of towns won't ever reach the largest possible size. Only capitals, and a few select others (Milan are one) will be able to build huge walls.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

MrT,
    I cannot remember any other changes, like the one above. Having thought about it, yes River Ports, for Inland cities
    Take a look at Rozanov beta above, no more settlements as castles, everything is a town/city, howevers lots of Stone Forts and building costs revised, about half price, to encourage AI to build

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Semisalis

Ok thanks for the response guys. I love small details like this, really add to the feel of the game. Now let's see if I can get these sicilians to work