Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Could you please show me a pic of the messed up icons?
    I assumed they ment..

konny's Avatar Artifex

aha, thank you! Never noticed these icons to be missing.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

lol, i just wanted to to trade map informations with burgundy - they declined and instead offered me about 6000 florins as a present

what i always wondered - could it be possible, that when there is no family member inside a city, a general unit spawns, with little to no real command power, no hit points and only a little bodyguard of 5-10 soldiers - who acts as a goveneur in the dukes/counts etc stead?

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Technically, yes. But he would have to be dismissed every time the city is sieged, or someone else enters (I'm not wholly sure that's possible).
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Foederatus

Default Archer patch

Do I still need the archer patch for 0.8a beta ??

konny's Avatar Artifex

Under no circumstances you should install patches that were made for 0.7 over 0.8, these are complemtly incompatible.

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    what i always wondered - could it be possible, that when there is no family member inside a city, a general unit spawns, with little to no real command power, no hit points and only a little bodyguard of 5-10 soldiers - who acts as a goveneur in the dukes/counts etc stead?
    You can recruit generals in each settlement (ATM, only with the Catholic factions). Different to your family members, these can also acquire bishops' titles what gives them the same local bonus as the feudal lord has; provided no one has appointed a bishop so far.

So, you can have a count or duke in a province who often is absent because he has other realms too or is on campaign with king, and additionally you have a bishop who usually is present in his city.

But beware: Recruiting generals outside the family tree, in particular lots of them, might seriously reduce the number of births the game gives.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

Foederatus

Okay. Sorry for asking again:

Correct install:
    1. 0.7
    + archer patch
    then
    0.8 a beta

or:
    2. 0.7
    no archer patch
    then
    0.8a beta

What's correct?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

it works both ways, but as 0.8 is overwriting the patch, you dont have to patch.

Foederatus

Okay i understand. Thanks for helping.
    Your mod gives a unique game experience.

ajaccio cannot be upgraded - i got 1500 population there, but i still cannot build wooden palisde( in graz, i was able to do this with 1000 population.

After I couldn’t proceed with my France campaign I started a new campaign with Castile. A whole different experience! (What I liked a lot) At some point my faction died. His Heir (and brother) became faction leader. Only, I lost the titles of King of Leon and King of Galicia. Nor the brother nor the son of the old king (who was still underage at that time) had those titles.
    After some time I found them back. Only not where I expected them:

Is this the way It should be. I thought only male family members could inherit a title?

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

No. Probaby Konny will add this to the list of bugs.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yes, this bug is quite persisting. were working on it. for now, just marry her off, this should give the title back to a male FM.

But beware: Recruiting generals outside the family tree, in particular lots of them, might seriously reduce the number of births the game gives.

well, thats the reason why i asked - when i have my best generals out of their settlements waging war and i recruit someone else to rule in these settlements....... i dont really want a decrease in my families child production

konny's Avatar Artifex

No problem, I'll exclude princesses from inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    well, thats the reason why i asked - when i have my best generals out of their settlements waging war and i recruit someone else to rule in these settlements....... i dont really want a decrease in my families child production
    This would be same with spawned generals. It doesn't matter where they came from, only how many you have got.

Played a while and got some small bugs to report:

1. the "road" problem in Parma was already mentioned, but something is wrong with the title
    Count of Parma. You get the eco bonus with it, but not the 5% discount on troop recruitment.

2. It seems that Frankfurt and Naples have a building bug too. When I conquered Frankfurt, it has
    2 small churches and 2 town halls. In the construction list they appear twice too.
    Naples had 2 churches too. It seems that you can solve this problem when you destroy both buildings.
    The construction list seems to normalize, then there will be just one type again. After 4 turns it stays normal, when the new church/city hall is built.

3. Something seems to be wrong with the civil war script. Played as Swabia and I had a counter king.
    I managed to kill the regular Kaiser Heinrich by conquering the settlement where he was hiding in.
    After my Victory civil war was over. But surprise, after one turn I was suddenly banned. Franconia had a new Kaiser. Not sure if there is still a civil war, but my faction leader still got the titel Rex Romanorum, I just don't have any allies in the Reich anymore.

4. I really like to read the vitae, but I CAN'T read the complete one of Kaiser Heinrich. The first part of the text is always cut off, maybe my screen is to small.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    Count of Parma. You get the eco bonus with it, but not the 5% discount on troop recruitment.
    Yes, his feudal bonus isn't working (most likely a wrong region_id). It is already on the list, thank you for reporting.

2. It seems that Frankfurt and Naples have a building bug too. When I conquered Frankfurt, it has
    2 small churches and 2 town halls. In the construction list they appear twice too.
    Naples had 2 churches too. It seems that you can solve this problem when you destroy both buildings.
    The construction list seems to normalize, then there will be just one type again. After 4 turns it stays normal, when the new church/city hall is built.
    Some settlements have several buildings that promote health/population growth, otherwise they wouldn't have been possible to be set up; but I'll check these two whether it is intended.

3. Something seems to be wrong with the civil war script. Played as Swabia and I had a counter king.
    I managed to kill the regular Kaiser Heinrich by conquering the settlement where he was hiding in.
    After my Victory civil war was over. But surprise, after one turn I was suddenly banned. Franconia had a new Kaiser. Not sure if there is still a civil war, but my faction leader still got the titel Rex Romanorum, I just don't have any allies in the Reich anymore.
    Any ideas why you got banned? (I think there is a problem with bans firing because of attrocities committed during a civil war).

When the old emperor had his son as faction heir, he might make him Rex Romanorum too as long as there is no civil war going on, so this must have happened prior to civil war. Otherwise this one might also have been elected counter king against you. Anyways: there can be no two kings in Germany, so a civil war will start as soon as someone else is elected.

You can check if there is a civil war going by clicking on your FL, provided he is "Rex Romanorum" but not "Imperator Augustus": in case there is no civil war the advisor should ask you to start the "Romzug".

4. I really like to read the vitae, but I CAN'T read the complete one of Kaiser Heinrich. The first part of the text is always cut off, maybe my screen is to small.
    Yes, it's to long and there is no way to force it expanding down instead of up. May be moving it down the trait list will help?

Hello; great mod first of all. You guys should set up a paypal or something along the lines for donations. I'd gladly contribute, and probably a lot of others, too. It does take many hours for you to develop.

Other than that. How do you actually name your heir as rex romanorum, so he succeeds you? I have just come back from the romzug, and tried to drag and drop the anciliary 'rex romanorum' to my heir, but it wouldn't want to transfer.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by es_bih View Post
    Hello; great mod first of all. You guys should set up a paypal or something along the lines for donations. I'd gladly contribute, and probably a lot of others, too. It does take many hours for you to develop.
    Yeah, that would be fine if someone would be paying us for modding. But seriously, we don't have any ongoing expenses, like server costs etc. that would require donation.

How do you actually name your heir as rex romanorum, so he succeeds you? I have just come back from the romzug, and tried to drag and drop the anciliary 'rex romanorum' to my heir, but it wouldn't want to transfer.
    That's done by the game. When he qualifies (needs to be son of a former Emperor) he will get this title automatically after one turn.

Yeah, that would be fine if someone would be paying us for modding. But seriously, we don't have any ongoing expenses, like server costs etc. that would require donation.

That's done by the game. When he qualifies (needs to be son of a former Emperor) he will get this title automatically after one turn.

Right now it is 1134AD. Playing Bavaria. The current emperor just got the title. His father had it until the beginning of 1134 when he died. 2 turns later the Emperor - duke of Saxony died. The title reverted back to my Duke of Bavaria who is Emperor now. His son is 22 and after 2 turns - still isn't Rex Romanorum.

Not sure how to get him to be one. Same with his father, when his father died who was emperor for 30 years the saxons got it... I got a message that the current family died out, which is wrong since i had an heir...