Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    i have yet another question : when i play austria, in battle i do not have the button which highlights your units in green and enemy units in red - when i played hungary i did have that button. is there a reason to this - and where can i change it?
    I have no idea. I have not touched anything that would affect the battle-ui.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

ok

yet another question: i get the feeling that when i charge into bohemian war servants(light infantry) who carry axes or something like this - that they defend themselves against horse charges the same way as spearmen. it is the only light infantry unit that defend themselves that good(normaly most of them die instantly). they do not have an extravagant defence skill

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    This is one of the spawned bishops: Bishops that were so important as worldly rulers that the title should not be available to priests, that should not be excluded because the owner of those towns doesn't recruit a general.

These are:

Durham (in Brewick)
    Köln
    Trier
    Mainz
    Aquileia (in Görz)
    Great idea!

the title marescallus says : can be inherited by his son - does that mean that only sometimes the son gets the title? because in my campaign, someone else got the title

One think i like and also dislike is the feature that you removed all castles.

I think its a good idea to have only towns to care about. But one of the best things about castles where the siege battles. It was nice to build castles(if possible) at your borders because they where easy to defend.

I miss that. I really would like to fortify my borders as good as possibly to hold an enemy back for a while.

I think Kingdom: Crusades had the best solution for that. It let you build nice undestroyable stone forts with some free upkeep units in it. You could place them wherever you want and they where also easy to defend.

Can you add that too? Or just tell me what i should do to add the forts.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by methos666 View Post
    I think its a good idea to have only towns to care about. But one of the best things about castles where the siege battles. It was nice to build castles(if possible) at your borders because they where easy to defend.
    I don't see castles as eayser to defend as cities. In particular the Motte and Baily has an extreme idiotic settlement plan with the central square being outside the Motte.

I miss that. I really would like to fortify my borders as good as possibly to hold an enemy back for a while.
    You are still free to build forts with your generals. BTW, buildings forts in enemy lands now much more pays off because they will very fast turn black larger regions of the enemy province.

I think Kingdom: Crusades had the best solution for that. It let you build nice undestroyable stone forts with some free upkeep units in it. You could place them wherever you want and they where also easy to defend.
    Indestructable forts have the problem that the AI consideres them more important than the cities and often has a full stack inside while the settlement is undefended save for a lone general.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

You are still free to build forts with your generals. BTW, buildings forts in enemy lands now much more pays off because they will very fast turn black larger regions of the enemy province.
    really, does it pay off? i always got the impression the ai cheats on his money anyway
    Last edited by hemeroc; February 08, 2010 at 01:59 PM.

about custom battles
    the custom battles will be playable?

Laetus

Civil War isn't working... i've killed the emperor (niederlothringen) and there was no civil war announced... and his hier became imperator augustus without going to rome... which means i have to terminate the whole faction to get emperor...sadly...

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Louis le Grand View Post
    i've killed the emperor (niederlothringen) and there was no civil war announced... and his hier became imperator augustus without going to rome.
    The AI must not go to Rome. And you will not become counter king for attacking the emperor. This is triggered by misbehaving from his side.

which means i have to terminate the whole faction to get emperor...sadly...
    Nope. An emperor crowned, what only is possible outside a civil war, can make his faction heir Rex Romanorum, when this one is the son of a former emperor. As such you might indeed be facing two legal kings in a row.

But unless someone declares you counter king there will be no true civil war, and the new king can become emperor and can make his heir Rex Romanorum under the above conditions.

i stil lgot a few suggestions , questions/complaints for 0.8

i get the feeling, that there are too many heretics - it happens quite often that my priests turn to heretics...EVEN cardinals it did not happen once, it happenes all the time.... i had to purge my priests or those of other nations quite often ( and i got many who had latin names, indicating that they once held a clergy ffice in some town).

another question: is it possible to script, that when or army runs around in enemy land that he does not only cause devastation - but that they also "plunder" the country side and get some money for you?

i encountered many problems with archers - they sometimes just wont shoot - sometimes only half of them are actually shooting.

there seem to be some problems with pathfinding - when i have a bridge battle or a siege battle and i try to get all my troops over the bridge/inside the castle at the same time they just stand around, or run into the wrong direction

also i once tried to charge into some infatry that was waiting for their turn at the ladders to get onto my walls.......it was not possible to run them down, and there were quite a many of them standing around there( surely 400-500)

edit: in my opinion rams are too fast through enemy doors - i get tgrough castle doors in....well some secs

edit2: and i also think that it should not be possible for archers to set the ram or siege towers aflame..... i can understand that siege weapons like trebuchets can destroy them.........but there were easy methods to prevent siege towers from burning

edit3: and cant the ai be forced to build something in their cities? :/ everytime i conquer a new city, it seems that they never did anything
    Last edited by hemeroc; February 09, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

i get the feeling, that there are too many heretics - it happens quite often that my priests turn to heretics...EVEN cardinals it did not happen once, it happenes all the time....
    Cardinals are hardcoded to be not affected by heresy, so please check again.

i had to purge my priests or those of other nations quite often ( and i got many who had latin names, indicating that they once held a clergy ffice in some town).
    Yes, I see. We have not touched the mechanisms of heresy in any way, so what you are seeing is in fact pure M2TW. But this will be adressed with 0.9; that is when we have finished all this governmental stuff.

another question: is it possible to script, that when or army runs around in enemy land that he does not only cause devastation - but that they also "plunder" the country side and get some money for you?
    Yes, that's possible to script, but could seriously slow down the game because the monitor would fire for every character standing around in enemy lands, what can be quite a couple.

i encountered many problems with archers - they sometimes just wont shoot - sometimes only half of them are actually shooting.
    Yes, archers are serious problem in dHRR because of EDU featuring some bizzar "secondary values" implemented on the "finds" of some "battle-AI gurus" from outside the team; seasoned modders would know whom I am talking about. I think someone of the team has to dig himself into that topic to fix it.

there seem to be some problems with pathfinding - when i have a bridge battle or a siege battle and i try to get all my troops over the bridge/inside the castle at the same time they just stand around, or run into the wrong direction

also i once tried to charge into some infatry that was waiting for their turn at the ladders to get onto my walls.......it was not possible to run them down, and there were quite a many of them standing around there( surely 400-500)

edit: in my opinion rams are too fast through enemy doors - i get tgrough castle doors in....well some secs

edit2: and i also think that it should not be possible for archers to set the ram or siege towers aflame..... i can understand that siege weapons like trebuchets can destroy them.........but there were easy methods to prevent siege towers from burning
    I wouldn't know how to mod that: some 95% of the battlefield stuff is hardcoded. I would love to fix the buggy siege battles, but there is no way to do so.

edit3: and cant the ai be forced to build something in their cities? :/ everytime i conquer a new city, it seems that they never did anything
    The AI has plenty of money to build, and it does build (I have checked the save-file, it definitly does), but not as much as the player would.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Cardinals are hardcoded to be not affected by heresy, so please check again.
    I am sorry, but the same thing happened in my france campaign.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Probabaly a confusion: I meant true cardinals, that are part of papal curia and take part in the election. There are others that run around on the map with trait "Cardinal" that are no cardinals.

since there are no penalties for very high taxes(like lower population growth) - is rebel spawning affected by this?

I've always had that highlighter-button problem for any HRE nations that are not franconia. Its rather annoying so when I play a HRE nation I only play franconia D:

i think that missions should be changed quite a bit - i always hate it when i got a mission to take a new city - and when i take it they give me 4 units of merc knights they cost nearly 600 upkeep and i always send them on some rebels....and if they survive i disband them immeiadtly, too expensive too keep them up. i only buy them myself if iam in need of them in a battle(and recruit them forjust that battle, i always disband them afterwards)

edit: in parma i can build paved rods twice
    Last edited by hemeroc; February 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon12267 View Post
    I've always had that highlighter-button problem for any HRE nations that are not franconia. Its rather annoying so when I play a HRE nation I only play franconia D:
    It's because faction_symbols folder is missing, vanilla factions will display their default symbol, Franken displays because it is the hre faction.

I edited some of 0.8 beta's symbols if you want to try..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Extract faction_symbols folder to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\HRR_07\data\ui

konny's Avatar Artifex

i think that missions should be changed quite a bit - i always hate it when i got a mission to take a new city - and when i take it they give me 4 units of merc knights they cost nearly 600 upkeep and i always send them on some rebels....and if they survive i disband them immeiadtly, too expensive too keep them up. i only buy them myself if iam in need of them in a battle(and recruit them forjust that battle, i always disband them afterwards)
    You are not required to take missions when you don't want to have the reward for. On the other hand: why don't you instantly disband the knights when you don't need them?

edit: in parma i can build paved rods twice
    Yes, error found: The simple roads in descr_strat are castle_roads.

Quote Originally Posted by For Whom the Bell Tolls View Post
    It's because faction_symbols folder is missing, vanilla factions will display their default symbol, Franken displays because it is the hre faction.

I edited some of 0.8 beta's symbols if you want to try..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Extract faction_symbols folder to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\HRR_07\data\ui
    Could you please show me a pic of the messed up icons?

the icons are not messed up, there are just no icons
    I recognized that problem too, when playing Swabia there is no way to highlight troops in battle.