Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by eatme View Post
    But don't you like the overall increase in the campaign aggressiveness ? Total War is what it is -)
    Natürlich aber.. the Reich crown weighs heavily

Playing as Scotland, I was never able to give my FL the "Rex Anglorum" title, even though he had the "Royal English" trait.

is there a reason why bavaria got salzburg, yet austria got the archbishop of salzburg(he dies in the first rounds anyway)

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    is there a reason why bavaria got salzburg, yet austria got the archbishop of salzburg(he dies in the first rounds anyway)
    This was done to help Bavaria out a bit more after we had stripped them from two of their three provinces. Salzburg anyways was not Austrian before the very late 18th Century (only after the death of Mozart, but that's another story ).

The bishop being an Austrian indeed would be a leftover of the former set up. I'll add it to the list, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    Playing as Scotland, I was never able to give my FL the "Rex Anglorum" title, even though he had the "Royal English" trait.
    Yes, this feature, and a similar one for Denmark to reclaim the crown of Canute the Great, is not yet implemented.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    This was done to help Bavaria out a bit more after we had stripped them from two of their three provinces. Salzburg anyways was not Austrian before the very late 18th Century (only after the death of Mozart, but that's another story ).

yeah well i know, i just wondered if there was a historical reason why austria had the archbishop in their ranks, since i did not know of one.

the tooltip of the trait marchio austrie says he gets bonus for defence and other things.....as long as he is in vienna and melk.....melk was part of 0,7 i think, so it should be removed out of the tooltip

konny's Avatar Artifex

the tooltip of the trait marchio austrie says he gets bonus for defence and other things.....as long as he is in vienna and melk.....melk was part of 0,7 i think, so it should be removed out of the tooltip
    Yep. Naming is absolutly not consistent in many occasions, in particular by the stuff made rather early. But this will be made en-bloc when we go over to map changes.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

i did a battle against bohemia and they got Eastern Pesants(Spearmen). but they carry axes.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Indeed they should be light infantry. Good find, thank you!

This is an magnificant mod. Exactly what I was looking for

But let me tell you a little story:

The german civil war was escalating. No more small feuds and skirmishes, but a heated engagements all over the empire and a full fledged war between Sachsen and Niederlothringen. A war the vice-duke was about to loose. To save his possesions, his life, and lastly the Empire itself, Albert Namur forced his enemies into one decisive final battle: he drew all his forces and vassals together and marched against Bremen, the current residence of the emperors rival Rudolf.
    And they came. With overwhelming force. 1600 men under Albert Namur against 3600 men under Rudolf.
    This most bloody battle lasted all day, but in the end, the saxon army was either anihilated or captured, and Rudolf lied dead on the field.
    With Rudolfs death, the Niederlothringen-Sachsen war ended, the civil war ended, and everyone was happy, right?

Wrong.

Rudolfs death triggered the end of the civil war. Since I had completely annihilated the enemy forces, Bremen was automaticly taken an the saxons turn. But this happend shortly AFTER the triggered end of the civil war. The completely logical and invitable capture of Bremen was now triggered the Reichsacht against my faction.
    Im not happy with this, since it makes no sense. And I think this is not how you intended the Reichacht to work.

Now, it is possible to end the Reichsacht via a console command?
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

You mean you starved the settlement, and then got a Reichsacht upon you? I'm sorry for you, but there is no console command to lift it.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Too bad.
    Well, in this case, I supose Albert Namur will be "acidently ambushed" by some bringands while he is birdwatching in the forest
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

konny for the swambian faction
    i propose to use the swambian skins of bellum crucis 5
    and see the hre skins, hungary skins, venetian skins, french skins and scottish skins ( from bellum crucis 5)
    and i propose to make the baltic crusader event with teutonic order and livonian order emergent and the unification between the teutonic order and livonian order

i dotnt really think that there are enough free faction slots for so many different emerging factions, since it also maybe that there will be a saladin script( though i dont know if this will be with an emergant faction) - well konny said something on this matter in another post

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    <snip>
    Rudolfs death triggered the end of the civil war. Since I had completely annihilated the enemy forces, Bremen was automaticly taken an the saxons turn. But this happend shortly AFTER the triggered end of the civil war. The completely logical and invitable capture of Bremen was now triggered the Reichsacht against my faction.
    Im not happy with this, since it makes no sense. And I think this is not how you intended the Reichacht to work.
    I think what Zombimode is saying is that he fought the battle manually and won against overwhelming odds. Then the game engine does the following sequence of events:

1) Character Rudolf died in battle for settlement -> End Civil war
    2) Settlement taken -> Start Civil war

The settlement was taken as a result of winning the battle that killed Rudolf, yes? The problem, then, is one of the game mechanics: it handles character death in a siege before it handles taking the town in a siege. I don't know enough about scripting this game to tell you if there is a way around this issue. You could make it so that the civil war can't start until a turn has passed, but then it could be abused by people roaming around hitting other places. Birdwatching might have been your best bet. Wasn't your fault, though, and it sucks to have that happen after winning such an epic battle.

or add some teutonic and livonian units to hre factions

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I think what Zombimode is saying is that he fought the battle manually and won against overwhelming odds. Then the game engine does the following sequence of events:

1) Character Rudolf died in battle for settlement -> End Civil war
    2) Settlement taken -> Start Civil war

The settlement was taken as a result of winning the battle that killed Rudolf, yes? The problem, then, is one of the game mechanics: it handles character death in a siege before it handles taking the town in a siege. I don't know enough about scripting this game to tell you if there is a way around this issue. You could make it so that the civil war can't start until a turn has passed, but then it could be abused by people roaming around hitting other places. Birdwatching might have been your best bet. Wasn't your fault, though, and it sucks to have that happen after winning such an epic battle.
    This is pretty weird, actually. I killed Rudolf (in an epic Emperor vs. Counterking battle) and after that fight took Milan (I was already sieging it). Next turn all alliances were set back, no Reichsacht nor civil war.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    This is pretty weird, actually. I killed Rudolf (in an epic Emperor vs. Counterking battle) and after that fight took Milan (I was already sieging it). Next turn all alliances were set back, no Reichsacht nor civil war.
    Taking Milan will not cause a ban (killing Italians was considered sport in MA Germany, not crime ).

Quote Originally Posted by crusader knight View Post
    and i propose to make the baltic crusader event with teutonic order and livonian order emergent and the unification between the teutonic order and livonian order
    Kinghts' Orders are on the table: there will be a couple of them including (of course) the Teutonic Knights.

i dotnt really think that there are enough free faction slots for so many different emerging factions
    There are no free factions slots.

since it also maybe that there will be a saladin script( though i dont know if this will be with an emergant faction) - well konny said something on this matter in another post
    Yes, something on that line. I think we will be working more with rebells to "implement" some missing factions.

when i conquered görz, a patriachara de anquila(or something like this) spawned next to the city who also got imperial chancelor - i did not recruit him, so what happened there?

konny's Avatar Artifex

This is one of the spawned bishops: Bishops that were so important as worldly rulers that the title should not be available to priests, that should not be excluded because the owner of those towns doesn't recruit a general.

These are:

Durham (in Brewick)
    Köln
    Trier
    Mainz
    Aquileia (in Görz)

thank you for the explanation!

i have yet another question : when i play austria, in battle i do not have the button which highlights your units in green and enemy units in red - when i played hungary i did have that button. is there a reason to this - and where can i change it?