Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    well since that works and every thign else with hungary seems to be fine ill switch to milan
    what is there to look out for? havent seen a faction preview for milan
    The most important new feature for Milan has not been finished so far: a Lega Lombarda script.

Already implemented:

Milans family members are either Guelfo or Ghibellino, sons always adopt this from their father. Adoptees, recruited generals, and suitors are either this or that by chance. I am now playing Milan and have all offered characters Ghibellino, what shouldn't be.

As Ghibellino the characters can become Praetor in Italy (the same office is BTW also held by German characters being governors in Italy). No further requirements are needed. This seems to be working, also for the Germans

As Guelfo they can become Capitano del Popolo, but this also requires a minimum of 2 Chivlary and 5 Loyalty. So far I had none. May be it is to difficult to get that title?

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

my faction leader died very early (2nd turn) and i noticed that the title of margrave of lombardy is not heriditary

edit:

i recruited some generals - most of them were ghibellino, but one is a guelfo now. well i think he is one of the recruited - he is not attached to my family tree and got a bastard trait.

one of my general simply got no name
    Last edited by hemeroc; February 03, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

ehm, yes he is some 80 years old (but the historical counterpart even became over 90). The title Margrave of Lombardy is always held by the faction leader for Milan.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

eatme's Avatar Senator

my faction leader died very early (2nd turn) and i noticed that the title of margrave of lombardy is not heriditary
    That title surely is hereditary. Just get on with couple of turns for this to kick in for your new faction leader.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    As Guelfo they can become Capitano del Popolo, but this also requires a minimum of 2 Chivlary and 5 Loyalty. So far I had none. May be it is to difficult to get that title?
    I had that happen twice actually while testing milan Both for FL and FH after conquering italian rebel cities.

my generals always stack dread, hard to get chivalry for me

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

If you don't sack, it will be a lot easier. Especially because sacking will cost you money long term.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

konny's Avatar Artifex

These kind of things will be adressed when we come to make our own system of traits.

nope

when i played hungary i had 3 generals which always did my battles - they all got to be a dread knight and had some other dread traits - and i did not even exterminate or sack settlements - or execute prisoners....i always leave cities alone so the population does not drop and i always ransom my prisoners

thats a quite a system , which (sadly) cannot be changed......... when they cannot pay the ransom i want to make their generals prisoners, instead they get killed right away

edit:
    all those things for milan do work. had them occur at some point during my campaign
    Last edited by hemeroc; February 03, 2010 at 12:39 PM.

The civil war doesn't function correctly. Or rather, the end of the civil war. Playing Franconia, I killed my Saxon foe at turn two (the battle between the Kaisers was pretty epic) and next turn all alliances were put back. However, trade rights and military acces are not. It doesn't really matter for me (when I offer acces it's generous) but I don't think the AI will do this. Are there scripting commands to grant these too when the civil war is over?
    The Enemy of Human Souls

We need to start ze hotseat.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Open a thread

thats a quite a system , which (sadly) cannot be changed.........
    You mean those traits? They can be changed, and will be, rest assured. I have some fine ideas on a complete new system. In particular the nonsense that every general gets the same traits when doing the same things is not acceptable. Some guys would just be noble and chivalresque, others would rather be the "bad guys".

And of course, no one would become an alcoholic because a brothel was just finished in the town he accidently passed by; or a living saint when he happened to be in the city the day the bishop finally finished his new cathedral.

all those things for milan do work. had them occur at some point during my campaign
    I had now all my offered characters Ghibellino. Seems the chance for Guelfo must > 50%

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Are there scripting commands to grant these too when the civil war is over?
    As far as I know not. We can only set diplomatic stances. That you have trade rights on game start is nothing we have scripted in, but a result of "allied_to" being declared in descr_strat.

You mean those traits? They can be changed, and will be, rest assured. I have some fine ideas on a complete new system. In particular the nonsense that every general gets the same traits when doing the same things is not acceptable. Some guys would just be noble and chivalresque, others would rather be the "bad guys".

And of course, no one would become an alcoholic because a brothel was just finished in the town he accidently passed by; or a living saint when he happened to be in the city the day the bishop finally finished his new cathedral.

no sry, i meant the stupid system of release, ransom and execute cnnot be changed

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    The civil war doesn't function correctly. Or rather, the end of the civil war.
    It's the same it seems when Emperor dies too, Civil War ends.. counter king becomes new Emperor, My faction leader (Franken) gets Kaiser trait, new Emperor's faction attacks, gets imperial ban and the seeds of civil war are sown again.

I'm currently 260 turns into a Franken campaign and I'm absolutely frazzled, civil wars, betrayal and excommunication are the norm. For a precious two turns the empire was united then fragmentation began again

konny's Avatar Artifex

I think that is a problem of the order this happens: The civil war is declared over but the real wars still go on. Until finally the script has set all back to allied there were so many (new) attrocities that a new civil war breaks out. This had not been a problem in 0.7 because the auto-war feature in case of civil wars is new.

I'll see to it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    As far as I know not. We can only set diplomatic stances. That you have trade rights on game start is nothing we have scripted in, but a result of "allied_to" being declared in descr_strat.
    I knew that already (I have some modding skills) but I was just wondering if it could be done this way. Apparently it can't CA sucks.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

I got another appiontment problem:

My first Earl of Kent died, so I appointed the king's brother (Henry, son of William I.) as new Earl.
    When the new Earl died without children or other members of the house of Kent I wanted to give the title again to a member of my family without holding any title, but none of them get's the trait "potential Earl of Kent" when sitting arround in London.
    I tried 3 different characters: The brother of the current king, a guy who married my princess and the bishop of london but none of them was able to get the title.

My suspicion is that it has to do with the Earl of Oxford, which was appionted a few turns after Henry was appionted as Earl of Kent, because this title is influenced by the title of Kent.

eatme's Avatar Senator

no sry, i meant the stupid system of release, ransom and execute cnnot be changed
    That's fantisizing ofc.
    Although in a medieval strat game this would fit perfectly. And one can truly wish that such feature be implemented in a future CA titles. So far it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by For Whom the Bell Tolls View Post
    It's the same it seems when Emperor dies too, Civil War ends.. counter king becomes new Emperor, My faction leader (Franken) gets Kaiser trait, new Emperor's faction attacks, gets imperial ban and the seeds of civil war are sown again.
    May be the way faction_standings re affected needs looking at.

I'm currently 260 turns into a Franken campaign and I'm absolutely frazzled, civil wars, betrayal and excommunication are the norm. For a precious two turns the empire was united then fragmentation began again
    But don't you like the overall increase in the campaign aggressiveness ? Total War is what it is -)

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ronko View Post
    My suspicion is that it has to do with the Earl of Oxford, which was appionted a few turns after Henry was appionted as Earl of Kent, because this title is influenced by the title of Kent.
    No, the title Earl of Kent is not dependent on the Earl of Oxford. The code looks ok, but may be there is a wrong region_id in the reset trigger that makes the "Potential...." trait instantly go away again. I'll check it.

Problem solved, a new Earl was appointed (guy who married a princess) but I have no idea why it didn't worked at the first time o.O

konny's Avatar Artifex

ok, thank you.