Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Icon4 Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_34 View Post
    I'm having trouble with the .80. How do I install it? I tried copy and pasting it into the data file. But it didnt ask me to overwrite anything. So I'm kind of stuck. Thanks for any help.
    Just to confirm, you did drop '0.8 files' into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\HRR_07\data ?

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    The log is in your M2TW main folder. A CTM should give you an error message.
    Well i didnt find it, but after uninstalling and reinstalling it twice it now works
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

Quote Originally Posted by For Whom the Bell Tolls View Post
    Just to confirm, you did drop '0.8 files' into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\HRR_07\data ?
    I did, but I'll try it again.

eatme's Avatar Senator

I did, but I'll try it again.
    Just unpack the beta0.8 inside mods\HRR_07\data folder, do the same for the models_strat.rar hotfix.
    For some people it appears to work when they do these operations several times.

Quote Originally Posted by eatme View Post
    Just unpack the beta0.8 inside mods\HRR_07\data folder, do the same for the models_strat.rar hotfix.
    For some people it appears to work when they do these operations several times.
    How do I go about unpacking it into that folder?

eatme's Avatar Senator

How do I go about unpacking it into that folder?
    Place the .rar file into the mods\HRR_07\data folder
    Make it unpack into current folder ( I bet you know how to do right-click menu commands =)
    "Yes" to overwrite all files

Laetus

The "all-hrr-faction-being-electors" feature isn't already in the beta? isn't it?

I've got another problem playing England:
    I can't appoint a new Earl of Cornwall.
    The last Earl was an idiot, so I decided he had to have a little accident. I set him into a fleet and fighted against pirates until the fleet sunk and with it my poor Earl...
    But since he is dead I can't appoint a new founder of the house of Cornwall. I tried 3 differenz family members without any titles but none of them became Earl of Cornwall when sitting in Winchester for up to 5 turns. The last Earl had no brothers and just one daugther at the age of 4 so there was nobody to inherit the title and the house of Cornwall died out. Or do I have to wait until his daugther comes of age and marries someone who can inherit the title?

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Louis le Grand View Post
    The "all-hrr-faction-being-electors" feature isn't already in the beta? isn't it?
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronko View Post
    I've got another problem playing England:
    I can't appoint a new Earl of Cornwall.
    Do the family members that you want to give the title have other titles, like Earl of Chester or stuff like that? In this case it wouldn't work, you need one without any titles (this was mostly implemented to protect the stupid AI from "loading all titles on one character").

If you have a character without any titles inside Winchester does he get a trait "Potential Earl of Cornwall" after one turn?

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

i cannot start the game, even after i reinstalled a fresh 07hrr

this is the system log

15:42:08.042 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:42:08.042 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:42:08.042 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:08.058 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    15:42:10.148 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    15:42:10.148 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    15:42:10.148 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    15:42:10.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    15:42:10.465 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:10.465 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    15:42:10.635 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR_07/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 117, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Armoured_Horse'.
    15:42:10.635 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR_07/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 147, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_English_Barded_Horse'.
    15:42:10.635 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR_07/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 162, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Adv_French_Barded_Horse'.
    15:42:10.635 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR_07/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 242, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_AdV_French_Heavy_Horse'.
    15:42:10.795 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:10.795 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    15:42:10.795 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    15:42:10.805 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HRR_07/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    15:42:11.005 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HRR_07/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 9178, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Sipahis'.

15:42:11.005 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/HRR_07/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Yes, it is.

Do the family members that you want to give the title have other titles, like Earl of Chester or stuff like that? In this case it wouldn't work, you need one without any titles (this was mostly implemented to protect the stupid AI from "loading all titles on one character").

If you have a character without any titles inside Winchester does he get a trait "Potential Earl of Cornwall" after one turn?

That's my problem. The new character in Winchester has no titles (he just married my princess and was moved to Winchester in the same turn) and is not member of any house but he doesn't get the "Potential Earl of Cornwall"-Trait (stays there for 5 turns)

Maybe it is because the last Earl of Cornwall died at sea and the script doesn't know what to do with his title when it's wet ^^
    I also checked all other family members to get sure that none of them inherited the title but it seems the title has just gone...
    Last edited by Ronko; January 30, 2010 at 09:05 AM.

We need to do a hotseat for .8.

konny's Avatar Artifex

@ hemeroc

You have the wrong export_descr_units. Please unzip the files anew into your data folder because something went wrong the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronko View Post
    That's my problem. The new character in Winchester has no titles (he just married my princess and was moved to Winchester in the same turn) and is not member of any house but he doesn't get the "Potential Earl of Cornwall"-Trait (stays there for 5 turns)
    Ah, ok. It think I found the error: The internal name of "Winchester" is "Dorchester" but I had made the trigger with "Winchester", therefore it will not be able to give the ancillary.

If you don't want to wait for the next patch, you can fix yourself:

Quit the game, open export_descr_ancillaries.txt, search for these two triggers:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------

Trigger Acquire_Comes_Cornubiae_From_King2
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementName Winchester
              and not FactionwideAncillaryExists Comes_Cornubiae
              and Trait Acquire_Comes_Cornubiae > 0
              and Trait worldly_title < 1

Affects worldly_title 1 chance 100
        Affects ContentGeneral 3 chance 100
        Affects Comes_Cornubiae_Trait 2 chance 100
        AcquireAncillary Comes_Cornubiae chance 100

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Acquire_Comes_Cornubiae_From_King1
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementName Winchester
              and not FactionwideAncillaryExists Comes_Cornubiae
              and Trait worldly_title < 1
              and Trait Acquire_Comes_Cornubiae < 1

Affects Acquire_Comes_Cornubiae 1 chance 100
    Replace the two Winchester with Dorchester, save, restart the game.

Otherwise this will be included in the next patch.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

thx, its working now

i started the game with austria and i noticed, that population growth is not affected by low or high taxes - it stays on 3 % all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hemeroc View Post
    i started the game with austria and i noticed, that population growth is not affected by low or high taxes - it stays on 3 % all the time
    I noticed that, too - with different factions.

Konny, you asked if recruited nobles for Sicily do get the kaid trait - they don't. Tried Naples and Bari, they get the bastard trait, but not the kaid.
    Creating a prince-bishop works, though.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    I noticed that, too - with different factions.
    Yes, that's correct. Population growth is now only affected by trade and buildings (that is, not farming). This means that average population growth is much slower than before, in particular in cities that are not trading centers.

During our tests it turned out that the AI cannot live with that because it constantly has taxes to very high, even when losing population. As the result most AI cities constantly lost population until most of them were nothing but tiny villages.

Because we cannot prevent the AI from raising taxes, we had disabled the population penalty for taxes high, what solved this problem.

Konny, you asked if recruited nobles for Sicily do get the kaid trait - they don't. Tried Naples and Bari, they get the bastard trait, but not the kaid. Creating a prince-bishop works, though.
    The trait they are created with is "Emir", Kaid is a promotion from Emir. This only happens in the Palermo, Messian and the three southernmost Italien cities.

Yes, that's correct. Population growth is now only affected by trade and buildings.
    Alright.

The trait they are created with is "Emir", Kaid is a promotion from Emir. This only happens in the Palermo, Messian and the three southernmost Italien cities.
    Yep, tried it - works in all cities you mentioned: Palermo, Messina, Cosenza, Bari and Benevent.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Haven't posted here for a while but re-installed everything including m2tw kingdoms and got the mod working. Have been playing for quite a while now as France, and have no serious bugs to report. I am in the year 1112. A Battle against Turkish rebels over Tripoli froze, so I had to restart the comp, and the game has shut itself down a couple of times when loading some battles and once when I was scrolling down the campaign map. Every time I restart everything works fine however, so I really have nothing to report. It works like a dream. Congrats

I took Jerusalem on a crusade in about 1190, and I just recently realized that after building lots of different military buildings I could actually recruit western European units in Outremer. This was an excellent surprise, as all other mods I hvae played hav either restricted recruitment to ''only ME units'' or Western units from almost the first turn. Your solution is truly excellent; one has to wait for ages (approx 10-15 years or so) until one could expect a sort of minor immigration to have occured.

Apart from that I could make a few suggestions, I would particularly have loved a scripted first crusade, but I suppose I could tyupe that in the suggestions tread.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hansa View Post
    Haven't posted here for a while but re-installed everything including m2tw kingdoms and got the mod working. Have been playing for quite a while now as France, and have no serious bugs to report. I am in the year 1112. A Battle against Turkish rebels over Tripoli froze, so I had to restart the comp, and the game has shut itself down a couple of times when loading some battles and once when I was scrolling down the campaign map.
    Doesn't look like a bug within the mod, but rather memory problems or something like that

I took Jerusalem on a crusade in about 1190, and I just recently realized that after building lots of different military buildings I could actually recruit western European units in Outremer. This was an excellent surprise, as all other mods I hvae played hav either restricted recruitment to ''only ME units'' or Western units from almost the first turn. Your solution is truly excellent; one has to wait for ages (approx 10-15 years or so) until one could expect a sort of minor immigration to have occured.
    The drill is that you can recruit "feudal units" (knights, squires, war serveants) whereever the region religion is 50%+ Catholic. So, after some time of converting the region they become available. They might also go away again if the religion drops for what reason ever.