Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

I was not able to get 0.80 working, when I launch the 0.70 batch it comes up with a 0.70 loading screen but when I got to Grand Campaign it has the picture models of what i'm assuming is 0.80. However when I start up a game (as Sicily) it appear exactly like 0.70 and none of the Imperial factions are at war with each other. I installed the .80 thing into the 0.70 data file and hit "yes to all" then I dled the models and did the same for the model file. I uninstalled the mod then tryed it again and it did not work. =/

A rather minor issue:

Is the port on the island of Malta really supposed to be named Syracuse? But surely the rebels holding the port are not from Iceland...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I can't say how excited I am to see 0.8 out now. I've been off the forums for a few months now, but looks like I came back at just the right time lol. I just downloaded the new version, and I have to say its outstanding work you guys have done. I played about 15 turns with Saxony, and enjoyed every moment of it.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if its my installation or the mod itself, but I found a few bugs in my first test play, they were:

Familiares don't have an icon, they have the rtw peasant ui icon.
    Nearly every German AI priest became an anti-pope only a few turns after they were created.
    After completing the Romzug and being crowned Roman Emperor, I got a message the very same turn saying the Romzug had failed.
    And lastly, Sagitarii don't get free upkeep in settlements (an easy fix, but im not sure if this was intentional or not)

Anyways, hopefully this feedback can help, not sure if its just me yet though. I'll try a quick reinstall and see how many, if any of the problems persist. And once again, I must say... Thanks for this wonderful mod.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    A rather minor issue:

Is the port on the island of Malta really supposed to be named Syracuse?
    Aye, some minor map discrepancies are known issues. They will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniple Mayhem View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if its my installation or the mod itself, but I found a few bugs in my first test play, they were:

Anyways, hopefully this feedback can help, not sure if its just me yet though. I'll try a quick reinstall and see how many, if any of the problems persist. And once again, I must say... Thanks for this wonderful mod.
    Thanks for feedback

You can report all the bugs in the Bug report thread.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Is the port on the island of Malta really supposed to be named Syracuse?
    There are indeed a few city names on the map that don't make sense. These are glimbses on the planned changes of the map (here: Malta should become the city of Syracusae where the rebel army is standing on your pic). The new map was set on hold because changing provinces messes up our title's system based on region_id. This will come later.

The rebels are something I'll have to take a second look into: sometimes random rebel armies spawn with untis that should no longer be used, like Armoured Spearmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniple Mayhem View Post
    Familiares don't have an icon, they have the rtw peasant ui icon.
    Yes, that's true. A couple of icons still show Vanilla units despite the unit having been changed. This is something open to do.

Nearly every German AI priest became an anti-pope only a few turns after they were created.
    He is only displayed as antipope, but he isn't one. An error I failed to fix so far.

After completing the Romzug and being crowned Roman Emperor, I got a message the very same turn saying the Romzug had failed.
    I think this happens when you move the emperor out of the allowed "Travel Zone" the turn the coronation happens. Keep him in Rome for that turn.

And lastly, Sagitarii don't get free upkeep in settlements (an easy fix, but im not sure if this was intentional or not)
    That's intended: those men were payed also in peacetime. But the final version of the system of usage of free_upkeep is still under discussion.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

o god and school is starting to get goin for me. oh well i suppose priorities are priorities. school can wait

edit: u say to add the r to nothern_captain_obotrites.tga. there are others missing the r as well. should we add it to these as well?

here they r: nothern_captain_sweden.tga , nothern_captain_bohemia.TGA and nothern_captain_austria.TGA
    Last edited by pchalk; January 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

hi new to this mod ,but from what ive seen it looks great . The only modders on twc with the main focus on HRR congrats Ive downloaded both 0.7 and 0.8 and installed them correctly . I start the game ,during which i see that on the title screen 0.7 is shown instead of 0.8????? When i choose a faction in campaign and klick on next the only thing i get is the thunder sound and a return to prefaction selection screen. What is going on ?

Note :retried it with the correct nothern thingies and with the fix
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

konny's Avatar Artifex

@ pchalk

No, don't do so when everything is working.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNY26 View Post
    I start the game ,during which i see that on the title screen 0.7 is shown instead of 0.8
    Yes, it's still beta: there is no new loading screen

????? When i choose a faction in campaign and klick on next the only thing i get is the thunder sound and a return to prefaction selection screen. What is going on ?
    Please quit the game and upload your log or tell me the last four or five lines of the log.
    Last edited by konny; January 29, 2010 at 03:06 AM.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

There isnt a log (at least there doesnt seem to be one ) it isnt a ctd but a ctm (crash to menu ). You cant hardly even call it a crash .

Note : ive checked the proper directory : mods/HRR/data
    Last edited by BURNY26; January 29, 2010 at 06:35 AM.
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

konny's Avatar Artifex

The log is in your M2TW main folder. A CTM should give you an error message.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

yea everything worked out fine, thanks

I got it working (I seem to have botched the unraring) I have noticed several misspelling from England and when I try to see the information for the achillary Rex Angilia (or something like that) It goes appears too high and gets cut off by my monitor =/. How would you like me to tell you about misspellings Screenshot?

Loading takes forever; especially when its almost "full"

Awesome work guys, I'm currently 25 yrs (100 turns) into a Sicilian campaign and I love the new titles. I'm planning on carving up the Holy lands with King Tancred of Jerusalem.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon12267 View Post
    Loading takes forever; especially when its almost "full"
    What is "full".

Loading times when starting a campaign is a result of the more detailed victory conditions. I couldn't belive it myself that the game takes so long to create a campaign just because there are more settlements named in the VC file.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by For Whom the Bell Tolls View Post
    Awesome work guys, I'm currently 25 yrs (100 turns) into a Sicilian campaign and I love the new titles. I'm planning on carving up the Holy lands with King Tancred of Jerusalem.
    ah Sicily. This hadn't been tested so far. Is everything ok with the special system of Sicily? Do you have Kaids, Emirs, Logothetes and stuff like that? Do family members get unpleased when not being included into the Familares Regis?

See also here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310992

Is the faction heir of Sicily supposed to only be called "Roger" and when he becomes faction leader, he gets the correct title
    Last edited by Eragon12267; January 29, 2010 at 02:19 PM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

He will get a proper epithet, according to his highest ranking title, the next turn.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon12267 View Post
    Is the faction heir of Sicily supposed to only be called "Roger" and when he becomes faction leader, still only "Roger"?
    Not in my campaigns. Just wait after Roger becomes FL, he ll gain the appropriate ancillary. And he ll be sporting around with Roger Dux Apuliae on the campaign map.

Was fixed after the turn I posted this =/

I'm having trouble with the .80. How do I install it? I tried copy and pasting it into the data file. But it didnt ask me to overwrite anything. So I'm kind of stuck. Thanks for any help.