Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

@konny
    You know that this suit's me for TGC mod plus a bad heir could lead the empire to civil war and the born of the Roman Rebels shadow faction!!
    konny i will in prison you until your great work will be done!!!
    Exelent work!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yes, we definitely need a vile greek jailor.

Foederatus

I am playing 0.8 beta.
    Can I use the german translation made for 0.7.
    I think it doesn't work??

As you know : Great mod, great work. I love it.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by es_bih View Post
    His son is 22 and after 2 turns - still isn't Rex Romanorum.
    The requirements are:

1. The FactionLeader is Imperator Augustus, not just Rex Romanorum (i.e. properly crowned emperor)

2. The FactionHeir is descendant of the Imperial Family (a trait with the name "Royal German by Birth")

3. There is no civil war going on.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Trigger Acquire_Rex_Romanorum_Heir
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FactionLeaderTrait EmperorCrowned = 1
                   and IsFactionHeir
                   and Trait ImperialGerman = 1
                   and I_EventCounter civil_war = 0
                   and not HasAncType Rex_Romanorum

Affects Rex_Romanorum_Trait 1 Chance 100
        Affects worldly_title 1 Chance 100
        AcquireAncillary Rex_Romanorum chance 100

The trait "Royal German by Birth" is passed from father to son. It can also be passed by maternal succession when the father married a princess who is Royal German (this only makes their sons Royal German, not the guy who married this princess).

A character who is emperor but not "Royal German by Birth" will also not become it, logically. Different to that, sons of him "born to the purple" will acquire this trait. That is, all sons that come of age after the father had acquired the title Imperator Augustus.

Code:
    Trigger ImperialGerman_Birth_Father
        WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge        
        Condition FatherTrait ImperialGerman > 0        
        and Trait ImperialGerman < 1        
        and FactionLeaderTrait ReichMember > 0        

Affects ImperialGerman 1 Chance 100

Trigger Marry_ImperialGerman            
        WhenToTest CharacterMarriesPrincess       
        Condition  SpouseTrait ImperialGerman > 0        
        and Trait Married_ImperialGerman < 1        

Affects Married_ImperialGerman 1 Chance 100

Trigger ImperialGerman_Birth_Mother            
        Condition FatherTrait Married_ImperialGerman > 0        

Affects ImperialGerman 1 Chance  100

Trigger Create_Imperial_House            
        Condition FatherTrait EmperorCrowned > 0        

Affects ImperialGerman 1 Chance 100
    (I am sorry, I forgot the "purple born" requirement when explaining it the last time. That way it really might not fire in "non-imperial" families when the son already is of age when daddy got his new crown from the pope).

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    You know that this suit's me for TGC mod plus a bad heir could lead the empire to civil war and the born of the Roman Rebels shadow faction!!
    Yes, that's pretty straight foreward: The Barons Alliance Script would kick in on the FH turn. May be with a few pesty unrest traits for the affected characters being given before to encouarge rebellion in their provinces.

Even though, I don't know if this script also affects family members?

Quote Originally Posted by domgr View Post
    I am playing 0.8 beta.
    Can I use the german translation made for 0.7.
    No.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by es_bih View Post
    Hello; great mod first of all. You guys should set up a paypal or something along the lines for donations. I'd gladly contribute, and probably a lot of others, too. It does take many hours for you to develop.
    Why thanks ! But then if ppl start paying us for modding, it'd become a second job. One is enuff for me as it is. I'd better have modding as a hobby to enjoy the process

Hi, sorry for answering a bit late.
    It all went fine... if you can say so. After killing Heinrich IV, his son automaticly became the new Emperor. That is why I got banned. I was still in war with Franconia.
    He attacked me and died during the battle. 2 turns later, the message arrived that the Emperors house died out and his greatest rival would become Emperor. Gladly hoped for the best. Made peace with Franconia too.
    But then one turn later, Burgund hold the title and now I am in war with them.

First of all: great mod!!! great fun!
    I am just started to play Franconia: there is Heinrich Comes Palatini Reni, who gets the benefits of the title when in Worms. But there is no Worms.
    After having to back down too many times, I ignored the Pope's warning and got excommunicated: how do you nominate an antipope?

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelis von Sigmaringen View Post
    I am just started to play Franconia: there is Heinrich Comes Palatini Reni, who gets the benefits of the title when in Worms. But there is no Worms.
    I am sorry, it had been renamed "Mainz" (but is still on the position of Speyer - yes, some map details still are "to do").

After having to back down too many times, I ignored the Pope's warning and got excommunicated: how do you nominate an antipope?
    Having a cardinal (a "true cardinal", who is also displayed in the curia) and clicking on him should be sufficient to have the advisor for this process popping up.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

Thank you. Unfortunately, I do not have a true cardinal. Guess I will have to patch up tings soon. Luckily, I only have to capture Bremen, then all Saxony will be mine - and Rudolf will die one way or the other. He is not in the city, but I suppose he will die automatically if (or rather when) Bremen falls...
    Other question: is the normal trait system fully operational? It seems to me, my generals are less prone to negative traits than in the original.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelis von Sigmaringen View Post
    Other question: is the normal trait system fully operational? It seems to me, my generals are less prone to negative traits than in the original.
    The M2TW personal traits are (still) in full effect; this is going to be changed later. Two things might effect different acquisition than in M2TW: There are lesser barracks to be built, while negative administrative traits are usually acquired when building anything else but Town Halls, Markets or Churches. And with the 4 turns per year characters live 4x longer what might give them a higher chance to acquire more traits.

I usually have all may characters with a lot of good military traits, but rather more negative governor traits.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

bit of a diplomacy bug. im playing as franconia and recently conquered Bremen holding the claimed rex romanum and faction leader of saxony. he died in the siege and a message caim up that said that civil war was over. all the empire's alliances were forged again and thats to be expected. well the next turn a princess of of the now allied saxony comes up to me and requests a ceasefire. we are already allied but i skeptical decided to agree to this ceasfire. now the former rebels of the empire have broken the system of alliances. the turn after that saxony declares war on me again. any idea what it could be?

like to add something:
    my duke of Nitra also claims the house of serbia for some reason

Last edited by pchalk; February 20, 2010 at 05:57 PM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    bit of a diplomacy bug. im playing as franconia and recently conquered Bremen holding the claimed rex romanum and faction leader of saxony. he died in the siege and a message caim up that said that civil war was over. all the empire's alliances were forged again and thats to be expected. well the next turn a princess of of the now allied saxony comes up to me and requests a ceasefire. we are already allied but i skeptical decided to agree to this ceasfire. now the former rebels of the empire have broken the system of alliances. the turn after that saxony declares war on me again. any idea what it could be?
    This is difficult to say without knowing the details, for example who was this Saxon king. There seems to be the possibility of "looping civil wars" when the survivng Rex Romanorum has a very bad standing amongst the other German dukes. I have played with all German factions and didn't came across it, but it seems to be possible.

This is under oberservation and discussion.

my duke of Nitra also claims the house of serbia for some reason
    Yes, thank you. It's already on the list.

How did you upgrade weapons without holding Toledo or Damascus?

With a swordsmaster guild, I guess. I have two of them in the game, I actually play with Swabia. They both are in the middle of "Germany".
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    This is difficult to say without knowing the details, for example who was this Saxon king. There seems to be the possibility of "looping civil wars" when the survivng Rex Romanorum has a very bad standing amongst the other German dukes. I have played with all German factions and didn't came across it, but it seems to be possible.

This is under oberservation and discussion.
    well none of my other battles with the saxons ended in deaths of their generals except the taking of Magdeburg and idk if he was the heir. other than that they were all the same generals from the start of the game. the part that puzzles me is that i was allied with them after the civil war and then they asked for a ceasefire. id offer more details unfortunately i saved over my franconia campaign by accident

Yes, thank you. It's already on the list.
    oops srry didnt see a list

How did you upgrade weapons without holding Toledo or Damascus?
    Moritol is right, i just denied every guild offer that came across until the swordsmiths guild came up. with the occasional exception for a theologans guild i usually do that. helps to get priests who can deal with heretics. i did get an odd offer for an alchemists guild. arent those supposed to be for the gunpowder era. no a big deal i just declined that one too.

Hey folks.
    First of all: A very good job with the new mod, I really appreciate your work. But unfortunatly I resolve all the time a crash during the game, when I want to play a battle for myself. No matter with which faction and in what part of the game. Any idea how to fix that?

Regards,
    Zwurkel

konny's Avatar Artifex

Battles should be working, so either there was something wrong with your installation or you have a corrupted download:

Repeat the process of extracting dHRR 0.8 in your dHRR data folder. Start the game and start a campaign with Franken or Sachsen (that way you can instantly test if battles are working).

If that didn't help, download dHRR 0.8 anew and extract the fresh download into the dHRR data folder.

If that didn't work, post the log of your crashed game.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

This are the only flaws I noticed in this great mod:

UI often gets messed up. I've read about this somewhere, but I can't remember where nor how I can avoid it. So, how can I avoid this?

Sagittarii (Shooters Guild's Crossbows) are not free upkeep. Is this intended?

The "Build Church" missions has only five turns, whilst it takes 4 to construct a small church, let alone the bigger ones. Annoying, as I wasn't planning to build a church first.

Really like the rest of the mod. The best thing is that I can't afford to make war all time. The second thing are the many free-upkeep slots to 'store' units in that I'm not using. Great work!
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    UI often gets messed up. I've read about this somewhere, but I can't remember where nor how I can avoid it. So, how can I avoid this?
    Yes, this is known (and around ever since, not only in dHRR). It cannot be avoided, but save, quit, and reload make them go away.

Sagittarii (Shooters Guild's Crossbows) are not free upkeep. Is this intended?
    Yes and No: Yes, because they were in fact paid for/during service. No, because with the new system they should rather be free_upkeep.

The "Build Church" missions has only five turns, whilst it takes 4 to construct a small church, let alone the bigger ones. Annoying, as I wasn't planning to build a church first.
    No idea. We haven't touched those kind of missions (at least not for 0.8)

Great work!
    Thank you! and we are still not finished, not even with this version!

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Yes, this is known (and around ever since, not only in dHRR). It cannot be avoided, but save, quit, and reload make them go away.
    Well I have played many mods where this is not the case. But those are, like SS, already version 6 or higher, so I guess they've had more time to fix this. To bad it doesn't goes away.

Yes and No: Yes, because they were in fact paid for/during service. No, because with the new system they should rather be free_upkeep.
    Good. Make me feel less like a cheater for making them free-upkeep.

Thank you! and we are still not finished, not even with this version!
    Well, I can't wait for a finished version. I'll mention one bug though:
    Playing Danmark, an adoptee who was bishop of Lukbeck got the trait saying he could become Lord (or whatever) of Wien, whilst I don't have Wien nor ever had it nor am I at war with Austria nor have I ever been.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

hey konny i recently administered the babenberger princess spam tactic on some neighboring factions and aquired 3 new family members. how is it supposed to work with their titles? they each after one turn became "claimants" as the head of their original house (ex. i have a king of croatia now from a stolen hungarian general and dont own croatia and im sure hungary has one already). none of the generals i acquired had any previous visible titles.