Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

This is a dHRR 0.8a beta release.

Installation: This is not a stand-alone version, you need to have dHRR 0.7 properly installed on your PC. To download dHRR 0.7 click here.

After you have installed dHRR 0.7, download 0.8 here:

Mega:

part I
    https://mega.co.nz/#!eVgT0ZBR!49B1xU...-LtutGtvV_HN3o
    part II
    https://mega.co.nz/#!mBh31Z6A!MgJfDA...7zji4UUupxVTfA
    part III
    https://mega.co.nz/#!mBRhCQJY!9xZc1W...kdlPNNpXgcVKHU

Unzip the .rar and copy all content of the 0.8beta folder to the data folder of dHRR (not that of M2TW!) and confirm to have all files overwritten.

D
    one.

Some new features:

Previews: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326691

New Time Scale!
    The game now runs from 1080 to 1250 with 4 turns per year (three summer turns, one winter turn). This is about 200 turns more than dHRR 0.7.

New Units!
    Nearly all Vanilla units have been replaced. A complete new line up has been made for the western factions. The units of the eastern factions have been seriously improved by the excellent work of Rusichi Total War. The Byzantines anyways were using the outstanding CBUR roster.

All units, also the few Vanillas that remained, have received changed stats and costs to ensure that comparable units have comparable abilities and about equal costs. We have tried to stick as much as possible to the principle “What you see is what you get”: A unit with chain armour will always be a hard opponent, no matter where it comes from.

New Titles and Offices!
    More than 100 clerical and worldly titles and offices have been added to be acquired by your family members!

Appoint counts and dukes by sending your family members into the cities where titles are awaiting them! Even royal and imperial crowns now are no longer out of reach for family member that never will make it to faction leaders. Once acquired these titles will become hereditary, passing from father to son or other relatives of the holders. Some titles cannot be acquired, but will only be passed hereditary within one of the starting families.

Appoint bishops by either having the local chapter elect one (recruit a priest in the respective town) or by making one of your vassals bishops (send a recruited general or an unmarried family member with the “bastard” trait into that town).

Watch your family member struggling for royal favour and acquiring court titles! Each faction has a unique way of dealing with rule and control in the medieval world of dHRR, from the jarls of Denmark, to the ispans in Hungary, the republican administrators in Venice and the papal curia in Rome.

We have also reviewed the family trees. In most occasions the number of family members has been much raised (check out Saxony or Sicily if you want to start the game with a really huge family!). As an additional goodie we came behind the secret how the game picks faction heirs and were that way able forcing the game to (usually) pick the next heir as it would have been done in the historical faction. So, your next faction leader will be selected always to different rules when you play, for example, France, Poland or Venice.

Reich Reworked!
    All German faction leader are now elector counts. The "Romzug" no longer is available during civil war. But becoming emperor properly crowned now is even more important than before: When your faction leader has been crowned emperor he can make the faction heir Rex Romanorum, provided that one is descendant of the Imperial House. This would make the faction heir the next emperor even without any election. Establish an imperial dynasty in your faction!

New Display!
    Strat-models, faction banners, faction names and trade resources have been reworked to give you a complete new game feeling.

Reworked Economy!
    All settlements have been reviewed and made more accurate concerning population size and upgrades. We have also changed the trade resources to be better fitting medieval Europe. All built-times and –costs have been adjusted the new time scale (that is, were approximately doubled).

Reviewed Diplomacy!
    The relations at game start are now set according to the historical situation: In Germany there is a civil war going on with all German faction involved between an “imperial party” on the one side, and a “papal party” on the other side. Venice and Byzantium start the game allied and at war with Sicily. England and Scotland start the game at war too.

Known limitations:
    This is not the final version 0.8 (that’s why it is called “0.8a beta”). The Obotrites, Rus, Byzantines, Seljuks and Almoravids have only seen little changes since 0.7 so far, save for the new units. This will be done with following “updates” of 0.8. These also will feature new loading screens, proper credits, and an installer to work as a stand alone.

In internal tests this version runs without crashes, save for the nasty “right-click-on-ui-bug” already known with 0.7. If you encounter any CTDs when trying to fight battles it would be a result of a changed file forgotten in this download, please check the log, it should tell you which file the game has been searching in vain and then crashed, and tell us.

Milan, Sicily and Hungary have so far not been proper tested, so you can become a beta-tester by playing them and noting down anything odd you encounter while playing.

I would also like to ask you keeping us informed which parts of the new system seem unclear, or even illogical, to you. This will help us further improving the game.

for features of v.0.7, please have a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141833
    for questions go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178110
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 27, 2020 at 03:06 PM.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Great! Thanks.
    Downloading now.
    +rep
    Last edited by toluas; January 25, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

konny's Avatar Artifex

I have to apologize for the rather uncomfortable way of installing, but a full version would have been more than 1GB (zipped!). This is because the old models and skins, which are no longer used, are still part of the current version. I need to make a cleanup of them for a half-way acceptable size of a downloadable full version.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

THX! DL right now, ...51 min...

Laetus

Hey, I'm a big fan of this mod and i've played since 0.6. Now totally happy i've downloaded the new version and installed as told.. but when i've selectet the faction i wanna play, the game crashes during the end of the loading screen. Now i'm realy sad and wondering what to do... so desperate that i've even registered in this forum although i hate registratin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Louis le Grand View Post
    Hey, I'm a big fan of this mod and i've played since 0.6. Now totally happy i've downloaded the new version and installed as told.. but when i've selectet the faction i wanna play, the game crashes during the end of the loading screen. Now i'm realy sad and wondering what to do... so desperate that i've even registered in this forum although i hate registratin'...

Same here..
    another thing..will there be custom battles possible with future patches?
    Last edited by Zaccard; January 25, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis le Grand View Post
    when i've selectet the faction i wanna play, the game crashes during the end of the loading screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaccard View Post
    Same here..
    upload your system logs.

I got a fresh clean Hrr 0.7 install, copyed and pasted the Hrr 0.8 files in my mtw2/mods/hrr0.7/data
    Currently installed mods are all modfoldered(warhammer,TATW)so there cant be a prob

Ctd when starting a new Campaign and loading bar is near at max
    Last edited by Zaccard; January 25, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i just downloaded it myself, the solution should be simple:

as the log says, there are indeed textures missing, perhaps other stuff as well.

i will try if anything else is missing and make a new upload.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; January 25, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent news (though I started a Saxonian campaign today). Downloading now will give feedback when I play after work tomorrow. I wish to thank the team for excellent timing, due to someone getting ill my girlfriend will work afternoons for the next three days so the timing is excellent.

Two questions;

1)The mod lasts until 1250, will the mongols still appear or have they been left out (I know they appeared in Europe before 1250, but not long before)?

2)Am I correct in assuming that I can now -for instance- play as France without silly vanilla units and lego blue faction colors?

3)What happens in 1250. Does the game stop, or dose thiis simply mean that no new units will be generated after that, and will the finished 0.8 version move past 1250?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for these types of questions, and if I have asked questions that are already answered, did this rather quickly as I am supposed to get up for breakfast in about six hours.

Thanks for your hard work, will give feedback and report eventual bugs once I have tried the mod. Hmm, France or Swabia as first faction, maybe Sicily for a change....
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

first post updated.

Bernem's Avatar Senator

hot! will give it a try when the first childs diseases are eliminated!

Problem was miss-spelling of a strat texture. In data\models_strat\textures make a copy of nothern_captain_obotrites.tga and rename northern_captain_obotrites.tga

I await your mod as a man awaits his dinner!
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Foederatus

Wunderbar! Vielen Dank.

Foederatus

DHHR0.8 Beta Information habe ich im Chinesisch BBS geanteilt.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Ah yes, I feared that such a thing would happen because I deleted all files of which I was sure that they were already in 0.7.

OK, no problem, it seems the tga.dds from models_strat are missing. I'll zip the entire models_strat from my version (that runs without problems) and upload it, that should fix the problem.

Laetus

that would be great :-)

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hansa View Post
    1)The mod lasts until 1250, will the mongols still appear or have they been left out (I know they appeared in Europe before 1250, but not long before)?
    The Mongols will be replaced with something more usefull.

2)Am I correct in assuming that I can now -for instance- play as France without silly vanilla units and lego blue faction colors?
    Exactly. All instances of "uniform", tabards for militia and stuff like that, have been removed. Peasant spearmen from France now look the same as those from Flandres, England or Germany.

3)What happens in 1250. Does the game stop, or dose thiis simply mean that no new units will be generated after that,
    The game will ask you whether you want to continue or not (don't forget that this after 680 turns!)

and will the finished 0.8 version move past 1250?
    No. The situation in Germany after 1250 (collapse of the Staufian kingdom) cannot be displayed with a mod starting in 1080. We are thinking of making a dHRR II (much, much later) that focus on the Late Middle Ages with a map of Germany only.

Thanks for your hard work, will give feedback and report eventual bugs once I have tried the mod. Hmm, France or Swabia as first faction, maybe Sicily for a change....
    Swabia now is much action in the first turns and rather difficult.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

I eagerly await the download.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast