Thread: [FF] Gorgo's adventure. By Ratzor

Default [FF] Gorgo's adventure. By Ratzor

Wanted to make a different story, so enjoy

more to come in the future

There was a time when orcs numbered in greater amounts than the stars, when the rivers dried up and the fractions of mankind fought for survival. These are times now long gone, subjected to the magic of fairytales
    told by elderly men in pictoresque villages. Of course the remnants of the old wars could still be seen in the cracked ruins of Minas Ithil and other long since abandoned cities, but none could really remember why they had been abondoned or why they were built in the first place.
    Except for Gorgo.

Gorgo was an exceptionally ordinary orc, wich, in everyone elses eyes, made him exceptionally different. You see, orcs died out a long time ago, or so it was thought, until Gorgo made his appearence in an exceptionally ordinary village in the Misty Mountains. But we're not quiet there yet. Gorgo had, in retrospect to his now dead kinsmen, never understood violence. Instead he let thoughts about the universe and it's complexity ponder his mind. But as his mind was a limited one, orcish as it were, those thoughts never excelled in any way. When he came a cross a dead end in his line of thought, something wich happened several times a day, he would instead occupy himself with the mundane task of collacting food. And it was during one of these mundane and tedious moments he came across Blankfjord, the settlement of the Ansgars.

The Ansgars themselves was a nice enough lot. Cutting wood, harvesting crops and doing all those little things that always seemed to be done in a village of this kind. They never treated strangers ill or took advantage of others misfortunes. Yet when Gorgo appeared on the outskirts of their village, they could not help but look upon him with contempt, 'couse in their eyes he was indeed something ugly.

Gorgo on the other hand failed to take notice of the villagers disposition and hand-heartedly walk forward to greet them. The Ansgars felt a qiuck notion of panick as the ugly beast approached them, and when one of them grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it at the creature, the others could not comprehend other than to do the same.

Showered with stones, Gorgo took his escape back up the mountains, his mind dazzling with confusion and his heart aching with feelings of betrayal. When he finally retrieved inside his cave, his mind tried to made sense of what had happened. After hours of contemplating and more hours of food gathering, he reached the conclusion that it was best not to contemplate on it anymore.

Several days passed and even a couple of weeks saw its comings. Gorgo returned to his previously peaceful and mundane life, thinking about the mysterious universe and collecting food from the nearby animal populace. Soon he had forgotten the whole encounter.
    Last edited by Ratzor; January 25, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: [FF] Gorgo's adventure. By Ratzor

Nice tale, I wonder where it will go..

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Nice tale, I wonder where it will go..
    Haha, didn't knew you hung around here it was for the funsies so it can go anywhere

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    Haha, didn't knew you hung around here it was for the funsies so it can go anywhere
    I'm a FF ninja...well I have a story on this forum also.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

That was very good! Can't wait to read more

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    That was very good! Can't wait to read more
    Thank you It seems this forum is a bit conservative about it's threads nowdayas as feedback is scarce

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Yeah, but I still encourage you to write. You have a real talent

Long time no...chat, sort of I daresay your style has improved Ratzor! you've made me remember how it was to write, perhaps ill give it a go again!

-Decimus-

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Yeah, but I still encourage you to write. You have a real talent
    Thank you And bear no hestitation, my writing will continue as time allows

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus Atreides View Post
    Long time no...chat, sort of I daresay your style has improved Ratzor! you've made me remember how it was to write, perhaps ill give it a go again!

-Decimus-
    Nice to hear from you again! Long time indeed I dare say And as it happens, I glanced through our old story and felt an urge to continue on it