Thread: STRANGE PROBLEM

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default STRANGE PROBLEM

After i've installed the last drivers for my videocard (Ati Radeon X1600) the game, during a battle (quick,custom,etc), lap and after 10 seconds/1 minute the game crash...before the driver installation the game worked fine...does anyone know this problem?

PS:i'm sure that i've installed the right drivers for my specific model of videocard...i'm sure also because other game like left for dead,half life 2,blood bowl,etc (and this game have hardware reqires more hight than med2) works fine after the driver installation...

PLEASE HELP ME....I'M DESPERATED...SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...I HOPE THAT SOMEONE HAVE UNDERSTAND ME...
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Default Re: STRANGE PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarock View Post
    After i've installed the last drivers for my videocard (Ati Radeon X1600) the game, during a battle (quick,custom,etc), lap and after 10 seconds/1 minute the game crash...before the driver installation the game worked fine...does anyone know this problem?

PS:i'm sure that i've installed the right drivers for my specific model of videocard...i'm sure also because other game like left for dead,half life 2,blood bowl,etc (and this game have hardware reqires more hight than med2) works fine after the driver installation...

PLEASE HELP ME....I'M DESPERATED...SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...I HOPE THAT SOMEONE HAVE UNDERSTAND ME...
    Your english is fine - no worries there. Can you revert to the previous driver that you had? The problem here may be that the new driver is not supported by M2. It is a 5 year old game after all and there will never be any new updates.

In any case CA unfortunately did not do a good job optimizing this game and therefore you could very well have problems with any new updates.
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by PoleCat View Post
    Your english is fine - no worries there. Can you revert to the previous driver that you had? The problem here may be that the new driver is not supported by M2. It is a 5 year old game after all and there will never be any new updates.

In any case CA unfortunately did not do a good job optimizing this game and therefore you could very well have problems with any new updates.
    Thx but, if i try to reinstall the old drivers, med2 works fine and the other games like left for dead lap and freeze...

As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The same thing is going on with Empire total War. The problem is as old as Shogan Total War.

You may have two choices with your laptop, Medieval2 or Left 4 Dead along with other new ones coming out.

PoleCat's right. The last update for Kingdoms will be th last one.

ok...i've find a partially solution...i've 2 partition on my pc with two differents operanting systems...one with the old videocard drivers and one with the last videocard drivers...in the first i've installed Med2+kingdoms and in the second i've installed left for dead and other games that works fine with new drivers...but i've another problem: when i play a game with the first operating system the keybord laps (it doesn't answare to my commands in the same time)...it happens with all the games (also with med2)...this problem has appeard after the installation of a game called "The Club" and persists also after i've unistall this game...anyone know how to solve this problem?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have you run a scan for viruses, malware, spyware? If it's got something still there, it maybe using your laptop. Microsoft has a Rootkit Revealer on their website. I just use Google to get the link.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Have you run a scan for viruses, malware, spyware? If it's got something still there, it maybe using your laptop. Microsoft has a Rootkit Revealer on their website. I just use Google to get the link.
    tomorrow i try to do that...i hope that it is olny a stupid virus...