Thread: Need some advice !

Default Need some advice !

Hello all,

I'm currently customizing my RR/RC installation to update some units of Lithuania/Poland/Teutonic Order using skins from Madtao's Baltic Crusades (I love them).

I have done the Lithuania ones, it was pretty easy even if I'm totally noobish in tw modding, I managed it by reading some very useful tuts from this forum and by testing oftenly. Well it was easy because Lithuania units have their own entry in the EDU after all !

But here I am : I would like to update Poland and Teutonic Order. No matters with TO I think since they also have their own entries (with some shared with HRE like the ritterbruders but that's not a problem). But for the poland... The SS EDU is full, and if I try to add a unit, my game crashes when launching.

The only thing I was able to change is the Polish Guard's skin, giving them the NE Late bodyguard (those with gothic armors and shields) skin for ug2 and ug3... Don't know if it's historically accurate but I love this skin, forgive me please... I also changed the strzelcy skin (just have an unresolved bug with the crossbow trait floating in the air, but I'll find how to fix it). These 2 entries are for poland only, so I could do it.

In fact I would like to change the Poland bodyguard's skin, using those from Baltic crusades for ug0 and polish knight's skin for ug1, something like this. I would also like to give them a unique aspect for Pavise spearmen, halberd militia and handgunners. The problem is that all these entries in the EDU are shared with many factions, and I don't have the textures for all these factions... So I though I would have to add entries for each of these units, and link them with matching battle_models.modeldb entries.

Here my question comes : As you know, the EDU is full... But is there any unused/useless/unbuildable units I could remove to achieve my goal ? I thought of removing peasants at first, as I think they really have nothing to do in such wars.

If you have any advice, I will be grateful.

Thanks for reading all my stuff and have a nice day cheers

Default Re: Need some advice !

there's one free unit slot, search for tha line on EDU :
    ;FREE UNITS: DISMOUNTED TURGAHUT'

the RR/RC uses the 'Disamounted Turhagut' unit in game, so you can use the 'Dismounted Turhagut' entry

Thanks a lot for this ! +rep

Anyone have another idea ?

This entry was used for the Late Peasants, right?