Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 released!

diadok's Avatar Senator

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released!

je viens de lire ya 2 secondes ton meme post en francais sur mundus bellicus

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Ca m'a tellement frappé...

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Funny thing with XCAI 4.1 (with KGCM): every money payment set the relationship to perfect. I had only two crosses of reputation amongst the pope, but a tribut of 100 florins for 10 turns made me the most appreciated faction by His Holiness. I've perfect relations with Moors (I'm HRE) because I've bought their map informations. It will stay so or relationship will decrease without further money?

That doesn't sound correct, and it sure isn't suppose to do that. However I may have a value wrong. I will look at that when I play again. It sounds to me like you are playing with a vanilla diplomacy file.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I've made cache clearing, and I'm sure I'm playing with your files, I've rechecked everything, and moreover diplomacy doesn't function as in vanilla.
    I've changed values for the pope (replacing papal_factions_ai_label by an old one) but I've done this with 4.0 version already and it did'nt affect tribut like that.
    It isn't very annoying, however, because a lot of countries hate me. It's just now very easy to be a pope's fan
    Last edited by Blackader; September 17, 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks BlackAder
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I've redonwloaded, recleared the cache, so either all my KGCM folder is corrupted, either it's very simple to have good relations with 4.1 XCAI. For example I tried with Jerusalem, I gave 1000 florins to Egypt, and relations became perfect. But we are still at war, and they don't want peace, and still are attacking me. Strange love, isn't it...

Hi Xeryx, thanks for this mod. I've just started replaying M2 and I'm trying out KGCM and XAI.

The issue with perfect relationships after a money gift happens to me as well and I followed the installation instructions carefully. I just started playing with Spain.
    I made several money offers to Portugal and the relationships modified like this:

For a gift of 1 florin the relationships improved from Good to Very Good.
    For a gift of 30 florins the relationships improved from Good to Outstanding.
    For a gift of 50 florins the relationships improved from Good to Perfect.

Is this a new bug in the XAI 4.01a descr_diplomacy? Would reverting to the XAI 4.0 descr_diplomacy fix this? In short - what can we do to fix this?

The problem is most likely couple of things actually, I will need to look at some of the scripts. What you are experiencing, I did not experience during testing before release.

Logically, it looks like a decimal is off somewhere.

You can try changing out the Diplomacy file and see if it helps. Let me know, please.

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    The problem is most likely couple of things actually, I will need to look at some of the scripts. What you are experiencing, I did not experience during testing before release.

Logically, it looks like a decimal is off somewhere.

You can try changing out the Diplomacy file and see if it helps. Let me know, please.
    Ok, I did some testing. Each time I deleted [FONT=&quot]the map.rwm file and started a new campagin. (I believe this to be enough to ensure the computer recognizes the new descr_diplomacy each time I changed it. )

Ok so with both XCAI 4.0 and KGCM original descr_strat these are the differences I noticed (same scenario - me Spain offering money to Portugal):

The AI is less likely to accept to accept small gifts of florins.
    The relations only change from Good to Very Good after gifts of at least 8 florins vs. the original 1 in XAI 4.01a.
    The relations change from Good to Oustanding after a gift of 30 florins just like before.
    The relations change from Good to Perfect after a gift of 50 florins just like before.

If my method of testing this has been the right one I can conclude that descr_diplomacy isn't the main culprit, versions prior to the one in XCAI 4.01a seem to only change what sums the computer will accept as a gift and the minimum required for the Relations to improve from Good to Very Good.

In light of these findings I will revert back to the original AI in KGCM to do further testing to see whether this issue is actually related to the XAI. If you need me to test some other scenarios please say so.

EDIT: I've done more testing. I've ran tests with the following files:
    descr_campaign_ai_db
    descr_campaign_db
    descr_diplomacy
    descr_faction_standing

With these original files from KGCM the problem doesn't occur.
    I've then starter replacing each one with the XAI 4.01a one. The problem didn't occur until I replaced the "descr_faction_standing", so at this moment I suspect this to be the main culprit.

I'll try and fiddle with it and post my findings.

EDIT2:

In descr_faction_standing.xml I found this trigger:

"Trigger 0033_P_Give_Money
    WhenToTest GiveMoney

FactionStanding target_faction amount 100 1.0"

In the original KGCM descr_faction_standing.xml it was:

"Trigger 0033_P_Give_Money
    WhenToTest GiveMoney

Condition TargetFactionType papal_states
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction papal_states < AtWar

FactionStanding factions { papal_states } amount 50 0.002"

However changing "FactionStanding target_faction amount 100 1.0" to "FactionStanding target_faction amount 50 0.002" only helps a little bit in the sense that offering 100 florins doesn't change the Relations from Good, but offering >1100 changes them to Perfect again. (I haven't ran tests in between to see exactly where the change in relations occurs.)
    So there's some other line or trigger that must be corrected.

I hope I've pointed you in the right direction since at this point my pretty much nonexistent experience with these scripts and triggers will probably deter any further quick breakthroughs on my end.
    Last edited by XenoRad; September 20, 2010 at 03:26 PM.

I changed it to the original value (50 0.002), and this way looks better.
    Remember, Elvis will be with You... always.

God wills it!

There's something off with the multiplier. If I set that trigger at "50 0.002" it seems to work well with small payments. For instance if I give a total of 500 florins in a least 2 payments the relations don't improve at all, but if I give it all in one go the relations jump up all the way to Perfect.

Also in the descr_faction_standing.xml I found something which looked odd, the triggers for DESTROY RELIGIOUS STRUCTURE CATHOLICS and respectively ORTHODOX have the same names:

For instance the first trigger:

"Trigger 0001_C_Destroy_Small_Church"

has this exact name for both Catholic and Orthodox factions, yet the rest of the lines are different.

Xeryx is this intentional, or should it read "Trigger 0001_O_Destroy_Small_Church" for Orthodox?

Good JOB ;P Keep lookin I will discuss it further this weekend...still working hard..I may have some time this weekend!!

I changed the orthodox church destroy to "Trigger 0001_O_Destroy_Small_Church". I hope, this is the correct way.
    Remember, Elvis will be with You... always.

God wills it!

yes, that is correct. Run the logs too.

[ai]
    ltgd_logging = true

[log]
    to=logs/KGCM.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/XCAI.ai.log.txt

Looking forward to the weekend then. M2 just went haywire and I'll have to reinstall it. Meanwhile I dug up Rome (with Total Realism mod) and started playing where I left off literally a year ago. Great fun, pity about the weak AI. Still it keeps me going more than Vanilla M2 ever did.

Hopefully we'll get this little hitch fixed this weekend so I can finally enjoy a long, proper and challenging M2 campaign.

Well, I for one am waiting for Europa Barbarorum 2, and hope that XAI and EB2 find common ground in their goals.

I'm not touching RTW anymore, and R2TW is probably at least 2 years away, provided CA wants to release the S2TW Expansion in the same year as the main game - if not, then it might be 3 years - if it is indeed the next game in the series.

The only thing I am really missing is optimized game code for real-sized units (at least 400-500 strong, enough to model a cohort accuractely, and Empire can do this already) and of course better AI.

RTR was great back in its day, but I think it's a little dated now. I'm not even interested in the Gun Age, so Empires is not on my list of games to get.

I do remember the original TLR fondly back in the days before I converted to Kingdoms.
    DLV rules!

diadok's Avatar Senator

Well, I for one am waiting for Europa Barbarorum 2, and hope that XAI and EB2 find common ground in their goals
    it will be the best mod ever done for sure.
    i asked one year ago if they could include XAI in EB2, a team member said it was a good idea, but AI is one of the last thing you do in a mod (so they will see in 2014...).
    all in all, there is no reason for XAI to not work with EB2, maybe it could be necessary to remove some scripts to get it working properly, but i am confident that this great guys could choose the best AI.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Xeryx, did you manage to look into the money gifting issue?
    Last edited by XenoRad; December 18, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

So, any update on this issue?