Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 released!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released! 4.01a update available

I am suspending the Download for the 4.01a (alpha) since there is little technical feedback, and I think there is an issue. Thanks MZ

So anyone integrating, please hold off, until I get to look at some more stuff. Since there has not been a whole lot of help or feedback, because everyone is busy. Me especially, we will have to hold off, but I will have to get to that this weekend.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 10, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released!

Roger that. Looking forward to the next section of integration (AI aggression) as I have now reduced too many AI alliances. Keep up the good work.

Recon5000's Avatar Civis

I am installing medieval again to try this out, this looks very appealing. cant wait to see the campaign AI!

Hi there,

I'm trying to download the files for XAI 4.0.
    Xeryx's signature pic takes me to http://www.mediafire.com/Xeryx.
    But if I click "Download this folder" I get a popup that wants me to upgrade to "MediaPro" where I have to pay money to d/l the files.

Is there any chance the files can be hosted somewhere where I can grab them all in one shot?
    (even better might be a torrent).

While writing this, I've managed to d/l one of the files. (this mediafire site is a labyrinth of popups

I'll keep trying to download them. I hafta do something, the default battle AI in Medieval 2 is pathetic.

Troy

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TroyC View Post
    Hi there,

I'm trying to download the files for XAI 4.0.
    Xeryx's signature pic takes me to http://www.mediafire.com/Xeryx.
    But if I click "Download this folder" I get a popup that wants me to upgrade to "MediaPro" where I have to pay money to d/l the files.

Is there any chance the files can be hosted somewhere where I can grab them all in one shot?
    (even better might be a torrent).

While writing this, I've managed to d/l one of the files. (this mediafire site is a labyrinth of popups

I'll keep trying to download them. I hafta do something, the default battle AI in Medieval 2 is pathetic.

Troy
    It's merely a folder containing the new and legacy files, used for easier navigation. You aren't supposed to download it all, just click the folder and see what's inside, then choose individual files which you want to download.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Hi Xeryx, i have been way for a long time now, i am now the the owner of a video game shop its called EXTREME GAMER and in these last few weeks i didnt have time to play video games , but i came back when i saw your new Xai 4.0, so i installed KGCM 4.2 and your xai 4.0, i deleted the map file and made the reset for the cache, and i deleted the money scripts bonus AI, to see how clever the AI is.
    I started a new campaign with teutonics VH/VH and i was stuned how well the ai was playing in the camp. map, they defend well and make good atack decisions, i saw disenbarks every were wich i never saw before, and the diplomacy make sence now, so CONGRATULATIONS for YOU and your TEAM for making this wonderfull game worth playing.

I would like to give you a vote but i couldn`t see the sitch to vote? Maybe i cant.

I forgot to mention the BAI is awesome good work.
    Last edited by Hunter_PT; May 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Hello Hunter PT!

Sorry, I haven't been around, I am working tons (50+ a week) of hours lately and probably will be for the next few months. But the good news is we are getting people High Speed internet, so they can enjoy their favorite mod.. However, my time is very scarce right now..even to visit the boards. Only Citizens can vote.

Thank you for the good words!! So maybe if the fans out there can make sure everyone gets help, It would really help the team out as well.

I am pouring every last bit of energy into getting out the Alpha patch by next Friday. I hope I can get it done tonight. However I am packing for a well deserved vacation to go to North Carolina, to see my lady! I will be in the mountains away from computers and civilization, for part of the trip.

In the last patch i found that the only "valid" religion is catholics, all others were not being seen as valid by the AI. This is going to take some research in the future to find out why? I have figured out a good work around though, that will give similar results for the XfS file. it will also be universal for everyone to use.

Now back to the grind.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Good news Ladies and Gentleman!!

I have finished the XfS file!! click my signature Logo!

XcAI V 4.01a Update

On the first attempt of the update, we ran into a problem using the religion codes specific religions. Only Catholics were considered valid. I had to come up with a way to work around it, and you will find it very acceptable. I have ran many script logs and tests, and currently the only thing that comes up, is some Crusade and Jihades event triggers, which will have to wait and are another future step. Give it a try, and give us some feedback. There maybe some events or triggers, that are too extreme. If so tell us what they are.

The campaign AI may need some tweaking here and there. Just observe it and see how things go. Then report your games or AAR's in the forum.

I really hope you enjoy! Xeryx

4.01a Changes for the XcAI and XfS (faction standings)
    + Fixed many other religious rules, that we not aligned to the proper religious faction and also gave less weight to them, until the end.
    + The Pope now considers any destruction of any Church a crime. Depending on who does it, depends on how bad the penalty.
    + With that, your own religious factions of course are thankful to stop the spread of other religions, but to a much lesser degree
    + MANY diplomatic rules are changed and gave more weight to Acts of Violence and Brutality Globally.
    + Went through Crusades and Jihades, changed the weights of the actions, and many bonuses and penalties. (Need events)
    + The goal to make all religions aligned closer in penalties and bonuses (for same actions). This ensures better mod compatibility.
    + Fixed many irregularities for diplomacy.
    + PLUG and PLAY - hopefully!
    + Long term relationships (end of file), with a specific rule set for factions. this give a much better feel that the starting relation in overall game play.
    however those rules are optional, and can be deleted. (The specific factions MUST match what is in your desc_strat)
    + I have decided that making an alliance with the POPE, will be a very sharp double edged sword. It is not advisable to do so even for the short term benefit. ONLY a Worldy Saint will gain benefits, and be able to unite the religions. Don't worry though you can always break the treaty! Guess you will think twice before doing that again!

The XfS file controls how all religions, and factions “feel” about the other factions. It is just as important as the XcAI. The two are like “Siamese” twins. They need to be used together to get the desired effects of a fun and challenging campaign. They will be included together with the Diplomacy as well.

Download, is ready for your consumption!
    Last edited by xeryx; May 24, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

"Problem loading page"
    Could you upload it to somewhere else?

I checked it, and it is working properly.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: XAI 4.0 released!

XcAI V 4.01a Update
    great news, and thanks, i think i will get some few time for playing, and can't wait to see how great it should be

i will need 3 or 4 weeks to make the best feedback i can, on campaign+battle.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Take your time, everyone is busy..especially with summer in swing.

Hi Xeryx, how can we disable long term relations?
    I woud like to see the diference to tell my feedback.

about XcAI V 4.01a

--still ai seek too many alliances
    --ai not enough AGGRESSIVE
    --need more back-stab cuzz its very peaceful ai and its bad

do it like 1,5 ca ai
    ai must seek 1 or 2 alliance and should concentrate his arch enemy with his full force
    and he should back-stab when his ally is weak

thx for good works but
    i need more AGGRESSIVE AI
    Last edited by TheBlindKing; June 04, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    I checked it, and it is working properly.
    I'm quite happy it works for you.

I have tried it from multiple locations, and on multiple computers, there is no problem with the download. I recommend checking your firewall? Sorry some people don't like the download site, but it is easy maintenance for me. Ask a buddy to send them to you? My main computer is down right now, having to do a forced upgrade.

@ the blind king, I hear you. But do not post a new thread just because there was no response, please. Everyone is busy with real life right now.

I want to donwload your mod (hear good critics everywhere) and when I click on your logo, , I'm 5 seconds on a donwload page, and then a message "page cannot be found". I disabled firewall, but it didn't change anything. I registred for media fire, now I can upload my own files, but I'm still unable to download your mod.

That stinks. When I get back from Vacation I will have to see if I can set up an alternate DL.

XCAI is set for BALANCE, if you think it is not aggressive enough, you are gonna find the AI over commits and extends itself, and will get pummeled by other nations. The CAI has to have defense in order to accomplish other goals. If you are looking for an AI that just tries to Crush you all the time, you need to find another RTS to play, because this is a game of nations and strategy, besides the game just doesn't have the "faculties" to be perfect.
    Last edited by xeryx; June 16, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

bloody hell. media fire sucks hard!!!

edit1: media fire doesn't let you download whole folder. go specific.
    edit2: god damn popupssss looks like that site has a grudge for the users or too hunger for money?!?
    edit3: thanks dude for your hardwork! its just users gets so easily agitated when they want something like that so bad.
    Last edited by andrey27; June 18, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
    He who considers too much will perform little.

To save all we must risk all.

Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays.
    Friedrich Schiller

Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery.
    William Shakespeare

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by andrey27 View Post
    bloody hell. media fire sucks hard!!!

edit1: media fire doesn't let you download whole folder. go specific.
    edit2: god damn popupssss looks like that site has a grudge for the users or too hunger for money?!?
    edit3: thanks dude for your hardwork! its just users gets so easily agitated when they want something like that so bad.
    1. I recommend Firefox and Adblock Plus plugin.
    2. It's still ten times better than watching annoying adverts, typing in captcha code AND waiting 60 seconds before you are given a download link
    3. Nothing is free, you either pay for service or endure pop-ups, adverts, waiting time, slower download speed, limit on parallel downloads etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    That stinks. When I get back from Vacation I will have to see if I can set up an alternate DL.
    All you need to do is create a one archive for ALL 4.01a files, rather than offering separate downloads for each file.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.