Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Austria, Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Serbia, and Romania Steal Lands from Hungary?

Default Re: Did Austria, Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Serbia, and Romania Steal Lands from Hungary?

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead Colonel View Post
    I can play the map game too.
    I fail to see the purpose of your post, or perhaps you fail to see the purpose of this thread But to make it more on-topic I took the liberty of fixing your map...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; January 24, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Default Re: Did Austria, Croatia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Serbia, and Romania Steal Lands from Hungary?

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post

I don't get it

I don't get it
    I could just as easily say the same thing about your map...
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; January 24, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I can play the map game too.

The Hungarian Point of View:

Hm, I just realized it could be taken as offensive by pretty much everyone.
    Edit n2: Heh, it's also out of date too...
    Your map is very offensive to me!! Please remove it!!!! :@

Quote Originally Posted by Odovacar View Post
    Romania did, Slovakia did some, (border was drawn to include castles, railways) Austria clearly did. Burgenland was never theirs, and they were not even on entente- side in the war.
    Were it not for the "ragtag army" even Sopron would belong to Austria.

Self-determination of peoples, my ass.
    What about the irish? The scottish? The american indians? India itself? Self-determenation, lol...

I think we should just move into a country in masses then we can demand it as ours. Clear job.

Having said this I finish my contribution in this obviously arrogant, nationalistic, entente ass-kissing thread with a hungarian joke.

The romanians decide to build the greatest stadion of the world. They receive aid from every country. Finally, cautiously they ask Hungary: "Hey pal..and you? Won't you give any aid to us?"
    The hungarian replies: "Why? The parcel I gave is not enough?"

I really don't know what you're complaining about. Nobody "moved" into a country and demanded it was theirs. Contrary to Hungarian myth making the Romanians were already in Transilvania when Arpad's ass got numb from riding his horse and decided to stop in Europe. Hungarians were a ruling minority over people who didn't want to be ruled by them, then Hungary got beaten In WW1 and then again afterward when Bela Kun decided to invade Romania. What did you want us to say? "Oh well you tried so hard to win and rule us, it's the thought that counts. Go ahead and keep Transilvania. Nevermind the majority of the people there, the aboriginals there, they don't want to be ruled by you. Tough titties for them." The reality on the ground in Transilvania is however that Romanians and Szecklers get along just fine 99.9 percent of the time. Look at the elected officials the Szecklers there vote for.

So you ultra nationalists of Hungary can mew mew mew all the want.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Edit n2: Heh, it's also out of date too...
    Yeah, Croatian hotels aren't cheap anymore

I don't get it
    The text translates into "more blessed peace"

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Yeah, Croatian hotels aren't cheap anymore
    I also find it funny that Croatia is gun market when it was in fact Croatia who bought most of its weaponry in and through Hungary.
    Has signatures turned off.

I fail to see the purpose of your post, or perhaps you fail to see the purpose of this thread But to make it more on-topic I took the liberty of fixing your map...
    Finally Austria, Slovakia, Serbia and Western Romania have access to the sea.

Attachment 71240

yes, some of them did mostly immigrant vlach! The ethnic situation of 1920 of Hungary was a result of hungarian politics through many hundred years. Begin with some of the first laws by St. Stephen, "support the foreigners", "one nation with one language within one country is weak", etc etc...

In 13th century some immigrants from flandria told for a traveler, they were called and settled down by the king who had a special request from this immigrants, "pls do not forget your own language and culture, its make stronger our country" !
    On his deathbed, hungarian John Hunyadi told his countrymen:
    "Defend, my friends, Christendom and Hungary from all enemies... Do not quarrel among yourselves. If you should waste your energies in altercations, you will seal your own fate as well as dig the grave of our country."

Only rumenian extremists claim that John Hunyadi was rumenian! John Hunyadi's father was Vajk his brother name was Magos, John's brother name was also Vajk both name Vajk&Magos are ancient hungarian names!
    Hungarian principality of Transylvania

I know all at least two romanians here are no longer Romanian nationals (i.e. their families and they are no longer living in Romania, and their citizenship are Canadian or American). So....come on guys? internet nationalism...is it really necessary?
    Last edited by bushbush; January 25, 2010 at 03:24 AM.
    Have a question about China? Get your answer here.

Yup, the sneaky Romanians profit from the defeat of Hungary in WW1. Actually, the Romanians didn't do anything in WW1, they just constnatly got their ass kicked. So yes, their land was definetly stolen by Hungary's neighbours, because those areas were ethnic Hungarian and the hungarians hadn't done war crimes on a bigger scale than everyone else after my knowledge.
    Last edited by Nikitn; January 25, 2010 at 03:27 AM.

this is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Yup, the sneaky Romanians profit from the defeat of Hungary in WW1. Actually, the Romanians didn't do anything in WW1, they just constnatly got their ass kicked. So yes, their land was definetly stolen by Hungary's neighbours, because those areas were ethnic Hungarian and the hungarians hadn't done war crimes on a bigger scale than everyone else after my knowledge.
    another funny post. From what i know, the only time when Romanians didnt get their ass kicked, but they manage to kick some asses, was in 1917, when their supossedly camarades, Russians, deserted from the front line in mass or surrendered (see the battles from Marasti, Marasesti, Oituz).
    About so called areas tooked from hungarians, and who was ethnic hungarian (as an all), and war crimes made by them, is a too dumb statement to bother to answer.

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post

well Austria-Hungary sure left its trace in Serbia

and so on...

But to say my 2 cents uppon the subject,yeah Hungary sure lost some land that had Hungarians as majority,but also other countries,like for example Serbia(Yugoslavia) didn't have all the land that had Serbs other Slavs as a majority,for example Istria,some parts of southern Austria,and some parts of Romania.It's just that Hungary was on the loosing side of the war,so they had to accept what was given or taken from them.

Quote Originally Posted by il padrino View Post
    well Austria-Hungary sure left its trace in Serbia

and so on...

But to say my 2 cents uppon the subject,yeah Hungary sure lost some land that had Hungarians as majority,but also other countries,like for example Serbia(Yugoslavia) didn't have all the land that had Serbs other Slavs as a majority,for example Istria,some parts of southern Austria,and some parts of Romania.It's just that Hungary was on the loosing side of the war,so they had to accept what was given or taken from them.
    Yes, such things, and even worse, happened in Transilvania as well.
    But just from curiosity, what parts of Romania have slav majority and was lost by Serbia? I know it was otherwise, and Serbia was allowed by french and english to keep some teritories with romanian majority, but we agree with that back then after all, and didnt took it back not even in WW II when we can do that.

I think some areas around Timisoara(Temisvar) and in Timisoara had large Serb communities.Some still live there today.But of course,there were Romanians left over in Vojvodina(Serbia) as well.It was all mixed up.Romania and Serbia agreeing and not laying claim on eachother is a nice example in the Balkans.

About the Serbs in Romania

In the Caraş-Severin County, the Serbs constitute absolute majority in the commune of Pojejena (52.09%) [3] and a plurality in the commune of Socol (49.54%) [4]. Serbs also constitute absolute majority in the municipality of Sviniţa (87.27%) [5], in the Mehedinţi County. The region where these three municipalities are located is known as Clisura Dunării in Romanian or Banatska Klisura (Банатска Клисура) in Serbian.
    also this

The Krashovani are a population speaking the Serbian Torlakian dialect, inhabiting Caraş-Severin County, where they constitute the majority of population in the municipalities of Caraşova (84.60%) and Lupac (93.38%).
    The Krashovani's origin can be traced back to the region around the Timok River in eastern Serbia, from where they migrated to Banat in the 14th century. However, their Roman Catholic religion has more recently set them apart from Orthodox Serbs, and most of the Krashovani nowadays declare themselves as Croats in censuses.

I think some areas around Timisoara(Temisvar) and in Timisoara had large Serb communities.Some still live there today.But of course,there were Romanians left over in Vojvodina(Serbia) as well.It was all mixed up.Romania and Serbia agreeing and not laying claim on eachother is a nice example in the Balkans.

About the Serbs in Romania

also this
    Well, from what i read are around 22,500 serbs in Romania, and around 34,500 romanians and 40,000 vlachs (still romanians) in Serbia (numbers are aproximations) so we have more claims to do if so. But yes, we agree to not discuss about borders after that treaty, and is indeed a singular example in the area. I think we are the only countries here who never have a war against eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by diegis View Post
    another funny post. From what i know, the only time when Romanians didnt get their ass kicked, but they manage to kick some asses, was in 1917, when their supossedly camarades, Russians, deserted from the front line in mass or surrendered (see the battles from Marasti, Marasesti, Oituz).
    About so called areas tooked from hungarians, and who was ethnic hungarian (as an all), and war crimes made by them, is a too dumb statement to bother to answer.
    Only reason Romania wasn't instantly annexed was due to Russia taking on 3 Great powers which were strangely close to Romania...

Romanian Banat in 1910 : Romanians - 52,6%(474,787), Hungarians - 12,2%, Germans - 25,6%, Serbs - 4,9%(44,598)

Serbian Banat in 1910 : Serbs - 40,2%(229,568), Hungarians - 19,2%, Germans - 22,1%, Romanians - 12,9%(73,303), Slovaks - 2,9%.

As you see more Romanians remained in Serbia (percentually and in absolute numbers) then Serbs in Romania. In general the border was traced so most Serbians remain in Serbia and most Romanians in Romania and with a few exceptions the border was fair being traced on ethnic lines.

When the Treaty of Versailles (1919) defined the border between Romania and the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, about 65,000 Serbs were left on the Romanian side of border.
    I don't want to argue on numbers.The point is,there were also other ethnic groups that were left in someone elses borders,not just Hungarians.