Thread: How do you install it?

Default How do you install it?

I downloaded the 0.7 version last night and i couldn't figure out how to install it, it came as a win zip file and i wasn't sure what to do with it. Can you help me please?

Also do i need to have 0.7 installed before i install 0.9 or can i just go ahead with that and is there any difference in how to install them?

Default Re: How do you install it?

Just download 0.9, the newest. Extract and run the exe file.

Ducenarius

sorry if this was covered, couldn't find and maybe silly question but. . .

when this installs will it have it's own mod folder (like BC and SS) so as not to overwrite anything and mess with any of my other mods or vanilla files?

thank you in advance for response, looking forward to installing and trying this
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Aye it goes in it's own folder

I thought we mentioned it, but I bet we forgot in the end

i cant play it. every patch is installed. i have a complete vanilla MTW2 and when i open the shortcut it shows the loading screen for 1 second then goes away

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Most possibly you have put it in the wrong folder.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Quote Originally Posted by =NF= Vasileios_the2nd View Post
    Most possibly you have put it in the wrong folder.
    I'm having the same problem. Which folder should it be placed in then?

Thanks

place all three files in the .rar in the "\Medieval II Total War" folder (default: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\\Medieval II Total War")

I've done as you said and I double click the HundredYearWar__0.99 batch file, window pops up for a millisecond and then gone! At a loss as to what to do!

Go here and download the "auto-installer" version http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381033

The auto Installer version does not work either...I tried downloading it and it said could not finish due to being unable to install the unistaller part. I also then tried the compressed version and put in into the correct folders and that didn't work either....help please?

The file is up and intact. Since you cannot install it, try redownloading the auto-installer version. It works for me. Why not for you too? Be sure you have downloaded it correctly and on the whole.

The hundred years war ver 0.99 has not been totally installed because of the following reasons:

Cannot create the following file:C:/program files/SEGA/Medieval II total war/uninstall the hundred years war ver 0.99 $$A

You will have to run this utility again to completely install the hundred years war ver 0.99

This is exactly what it says whenever I run the auto installer
    I hope you can help

also tried to unpack using winRAR and also doesn't work, I think it is corrupt...but I'm not too good with computers so Idk

nvm I got it, it was due to having UAC active I figured it out while looking over a stainless steel forum...I played it and it was awesome what I could play but I can't use a lot of units for battle due to the large amount of lag, my other expansions don't lag so Idk why this one does. I scaled down graphics and stuff but that doesn't even work. It sucks cause this a great mod, the only mod with Brittany in it which is why I wanted it...Brittany's units were spectacular, I love the fast skirmish cavalry, which is very accurate to history...nice job!

A cool it finally worked for you. I gues you are a Vista user? Vista users often have some problems on installations methinks.
    About the lag. Does it happen to particular units, or to all of them? If it is with particular units, Id like to know which ones. And what pc are you using?

Glad you liked. Thanks for kind words, they encourage me to continue. Didn't you fount any bug btw? ctd or anything?

DO I just open M2TW through the normal launcher and it plays?

Matthonus de Leuven's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
    The hundred years war ver 0.99 has not been totally installed because of the following reasons:

Cannot create the following file:C:/program files/SEGA/Medieval II total war/uninstall the hundred years war ver 0.99 $$A

You will have to run this utility again to completely install the hundred years war ver 0.99

This is exactly what it says whenever I run the auto installer
    I hope you can help
    Same here, I've downloaded it 3 times, it keeps giving this message. I'm playing the 'gold'-edition, but with no other mods installed yet.

Cuauchiquetl's Avatar Foederatus

I have the Steam Version of M2TW is there something else I should do? I cannot start the game, the loading screen show but then it crashes and show a warning window that says nothing.
    Last edited by Cuauchiquetl; June 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuauchiquetl View Post
    I have the Steam Version of M2TW is there something else I should do? I cannot start the game, the loading screen show but then it crashes and show a warning window that says nothing.

i have this same problem. Can anyone give install instructions for the Steam version of Kingdoms, there is a whole mod folder there which is full of mods crusaders etc, i have tried pasting it into the crusaders mod and launching the game from the crusaders option on the MTW2 Launcher but this CTD's at opening screen.

Any suggestions?

Would love to play this MOD. Looks like the developers have really done a great job!