Thread: HELP! tried everything looked everywhere

Default HELP! tried everything looked everywhere

Hi, I bought M2TW installed and played it no problem battles were fine, the disc got scratched, so i bought a new one, re-instaled (now unpatched) whenever i enter a battle on battle map, my moniter goes black, flashes up the message "freq. out of range" and turns off. campaign map and menus are fine! tried puting all the graphics on their lowest settings and looked through all threads, troubleshooters and helplines, SEGA dont even pick up the bloddy phone! can someone please help.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Default Re: HELP! tried everything looked everywhere

Out of range? Hm. Is the resolution on your game the game the same as your desktop resolution? The only time I get that problem is when I use resolutions my monitor wasn't built for.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktigerstripe View Post
    Hi, I bought M2TW installed and played it no problem battles were fine, the disc got scratched, so i bought a new one, re-instaled (now unpatched) whenever i enter a battle on battle map, my moniter goes black, flashes up the message "freq. out of range" and turns off. campaign map and menus are fine! tried puting all the graphics on their lowest settings and looked through all threads, troubleshooters and helplines, SEGA dont even pick up the bloddy phone! can someone please help.
    Either a monitor issue or an ATI issue. Just so you know you're not the first to have this problem - http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic...y-out-of-range

There are known issues with ATI cards that never got fixed AFAIK. Try lowering your resolution to 1024x768 @ 60HZ and see if the problem clears up. If that doesn't do the trick try updating your video drivers and try again. Keep us informed please. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

Cheers guys, after fiddling with control panel i managed to update my drivers for my video card, was sorted in a jiffy!
    Thanks Chaps!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Glad to hera it. Enjoy playing. Closed.