Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HARDCORE SPEEDSEAT - WORLD WAR -1 - TURN ONE, HRE [Could use France/England/Eastern Europe players!]

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

Default HARDCORE SPEEDSEAT - WORLD WAR -1 - TURN ONE, HRE [Could use France/England/Eastern Europe players!]

Welcome to the Hard Core Speedseat, World War -1! Here's the rules, mah pretties.

SETTINGS :

- Difficulty : Very Hard
    - Manage all cities = True
    - Show CPU Moves = False
    - Disable Console = True
    - No battle time limit = True
    - Autoresolve Battles = True
    - Use Passwords = True

This Campaign is auto resolve.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First:
    The AI is very weak minded, and easily abused but seasoned players of the campaign, despite tweaks to make the AI stronger, I and others have always found new ways to trick and easily winning heroic victories against the AI
    Second:
    Not only can you abuse the AI to win battles, but many people have easily figured out ways of destroying/capturing all retreating fleeing individuals, so very often, the victim of an attack might loose their entire army, which is not fair.
    Third:
    With Battlemode, A player who fights a battle and losses, can replay that battle again and again, until he wins... where as with Autoresolve usually the outcome can not be so easily changed, if you are outnumbered by better, more experienced troops, there's no way you can win.. or shouldn't at least
    Fourth:
    Battle-mode favors the attacker!, In other words, the winner of campaigns where battle-mode is enacted are those that attack, Defenders will most certainly always loose, The result is that everyone needs to build a fort, to ensure they are not attacked.
    Five:
    Nothing is siege, not cities nor forts, because it risks the army being attacked by a weaker one and losing.
    Six:
    Makes the turns go faster, people won't spend massive amount of time replaying battles..

etc...
    Look the fact of the matter is, I love battlemode!!, I love to fight battles and I'm pretty good at it, but it doesn't work really well in these kind of campaigns, and unfortunately, Auto-resolve is more fair

Early Campaign.
    Early Campaign

You should take your turn in 24 hours.
    Only 24 hours per turn

Jihads and Crusades, also glitches and bugs.

No glitches, bugs, ect. This is self explanatory. No abusing of your jihads and crusades, especially. About that...

Normally I don't want to touch Crusades, or Jihads, because they are broken and easily abused --
    However, I think I will allow it.
    Jihad & Crusades can Only be used to attack a Kingdom on its way to the targeted for the Jihad Crusade.. I'm going to add to this : YOU MAY ONLY ATTACK THEM IF THEY ARE IN THE WAY. IE : Large muslim army on a bridge you must cross to get to your target.

Secure Treaty
    New Rule: Secure Treaties

Hello Everyone, its come to my attention -- that sometimes people have complained in past campaigns about treaties validation.
    These treaties include alliances, cease-fires, peace treaties, War pacts, city trades, special requests.. ect.

Often the problem arises, when two parties make an arrangement, and one party fails to follow through. often taking advantage of the victims trust for their own personal gain.

Here are a few examples of past situations:

-- Player A and Player B agree one a ceasefire, Player A uses the Player B's trust to get himself in a better situation and continues his attack.
    -- Player A agrees to give money to Player B to persuade Player B to does something specific, Player B agrees but fails to deliver on his promise
    -- Player A and B agree to be allies to help against an common Enemy, Player A uses the trust to attack Player B

And so on and so forth....
    Normally I would say that's part of the game, but...
    What I propose is a way to add a little security to the process of makings treaties, and punish malicious players.

----------------------

First of all the Secure Treaty is Completely Optional. -- If you would like to make personal treaties with allies, enemies, friends..etc You still have that option.... But now you have another option the Secure Treaty.

How does it work?
    Secure Treaty is simple, two people agree on a treaty and one of them publicly posts the treaty on a specific thread created for this purpose, the other player confirms on the same thread. Then the Contract is created and enforced.

How Long will the treaty Last?
    The treaty will last for a period of no more than 3 turns, after the 3rd turn the treaty will become void. You may still choose to respect the treaty if you like, but if choose after the 3rd turn to break the original treaty, you will not be penalized for it.

What happens if I break the treaty before the 3rd turn?
    Then you will be penalized, Don't worry you won't be kicked from the game, While Secure Treaty is meant to detour people from breaking a treaty, it isn't meant as a 100% fail-safe option. The penalty will be in the form of cash deduction -15000 florins for immediate breakage of the treaty (the same turn it was signed) and -10000 florins if its broken on the 2nd or 3rd turn of the treaty.
    Remember, while Secure treaty might help ensure a more secure form of treaty, its not a 100% fail safe, as people who break it might be fined, if they are rich, this might have little consequence. Still its better than nothing

Secure Treaty sounds stupid, I want no part of it!
    If you don't like the sound of Secure Treaty, then don't use it, inform your allies, enemies that you won't use it and only make treaties with them the normal method. You can break the unsecure treaty's you make at will without being penalized. However, both parties (especially recipient) must realize that if an unsecure treaty is made, and the results is that you are back-stabbed, then no satisfaction will be given and you must live with the consequences. Remember Secure Treaties are totally optional.

Unlimited Siege. As long as you have siege weapons, you can attack. But i'm altering this a bit...
    Whenever you attack a wooden mote and bailey, or a wooden castle, you need 1 ballista, unless you intend to starve them out. If you attack a castle, you need two ballistas. If you attack a fortress, you need 3 ballistas. If you attack a citadel, you need 4 ballistas. Same goes with catapults, but you'll only need 1 for a wooden castle/bailey, two for a castle, two for fortress and above. With trebuchets, you'll only need one for everything but a fortress. For af ortress, you need at least 2. When ti comes to cannons, you only need 1 for all of it.

Limited Pillaging
    Cities under siege cannot destroy any buildingswhatsoever!!
    You can destroy buildings(if you want) of a captured settlement only after 3 turns of holding it.

Whats the beef with Destroying Buildings?
    Alright here is the deal, often the landscape of a campaign is rendued a virtual wasteland of destroyed towns as people burn their stuff to prevent it going in the hands of an ennemy, these rules are suppose to prevent them.
    I would ban pillaging all together, but sometimes for financial purposes inorder to build a much needed fleet or army, you might have no option but to pillage for funds.
    For this reason its acceptable, and should be done only for this reason.
    However, its often used by people who are about to lose a city, and destroy the buildings to prevent their enemy from having it.
    Similar tactics include, capturing an important enemy structure, only to destroy it and leave.
    And destroying structures before the enemy army can reach the city.
    Make sure to read this if you plan on pillaging!

What happens if i'm caught abusing these rules?
    If you are caught abusing these rules, you will be kicked from the Hot seat, although depending on the severity of the circumstance, the punishment could be altered,

Assassins can kill everyone except the king or his heir. Assassins cannot kill Regents either.

Spies cannot open gates of cities/castles, only forts.

PLAYERS :

GURKBERT - HRE
    Mr. Tornado*Host - Spain.
    StOUff - Sicily
    Sarkiss - Roman Empire
    Jiub - Moors
    Lord Luka - Egypt
    WeareGods - Hungary
    Cooltosha - Crusader States
    Agentsmith - Kiev

Turn order is right now.
    Last edited by Mr. Tornado; March 10, 2010 at 06:56 AM.

Default Re: Hardcore speedseat?

So when the 24 hours are over, the second next player can simply skip the last dude's turn and upload his own? Sounds good to me ^^ But there won't be any punishments fo ppl who miss their turn, right?
    I mean not being able to play one's turn should be enough =P

I'm interested, but i would like to play Denmark in this game =)

Yeah, i'm thinking that if you miss (3?) turns in a row, or 7 turns total, you'll be replaced. This hotseat has a heavy emphasis on doing your turn QUICK. That's why it's called "hardcore". Or maybe we could just wait for the person to show up, or maybe have a regent - type system...

Fine with me =P

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i would like to sign up. well im not very long active in this forum but damn i really like to do a little hotseat playing with human players.
    any rules are fine with me i just wanna play ;-)

sicilly or a small italian nation would be nice

Stouf : 2 things.
    1. This hotseat's intention is to have a fairly big game that goes by quickly. Can you come on this forum every 24 hours and do your turn if it IS time for you to do your turn?
    2. You must speicify your faction. You do want Sicily?

unless something extraordinary happens, or im away on holiday, im cool with 24 hour deadline. in fact, it is ideal.

Roman (Byzantine) Empire for me please

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Sign me up for the Turks. However lets use Triforces rules please which permit the assassination of family members just not the heir or leader.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Yep, sign me up too. I'll take Scotland please.
    NOW. LIVE IT. THE PRIME TIME OF YOUR LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tornado View Post
    Stouf : 2 things.
    1. This hotseat's intention is to have a fairly big game that goes by quickly. Can you come on this forum every 24 hours and do your turn if it IS time for you to do your turn?
    2. You must speicify your faction. You do want Sicily?
    yep i can deal with that 24 hours rule.
    well yes i will take sicilly , thanks! ^^

K, then, but you had BETTER be reliable or else i'll be upset.

so is there anything happening here im checking the thread every hour and nothing happens too bad ^^

You have to wait until we get more players.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

A 'speedseat' shouldn't have too many players or then it won't be fast. Lets play with what we have.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

ah a few more would be nice ...

It's Tornado's game guys. When he says we got enough
    people, we got enough people.

I think i'll put the limit on 7. Sound good?

Yes.
    Somehow i've grown fond of ze Reich though,
    can i play it here too? ^^

shure.

I will be advertising this soon.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast