Thread: Favourite Tactics

Default Favourite Tactics

As vampire Counts, cheap skeletons are great for a speed bump. Two units can easily cover your entire front line, saving your Grave Guard from missile fire and charging Chaos Knights..

Any others?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Favourite Tactics

Here's a great formation against Cavalry for the Empire

H= Halberds
    S= Swordmen
    A= Archers
    G= General
    ^ (pointing foward or backwar) or < or > = stakes
    M= Mortars
    /= Space

/SSSSSSSS/
    /H/^/^/^/H/
    <A/A/A/A/A>
    <A/M//M/A>
    <A///G///A>
    <A/A/A/A/A>
    /H/^/^/^/H

The only bad thing is that if you're on a hill, or the enemy is on a hill with artillery, you will lose
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Why bad if you're on a hill? You have greater range, the enemy tire easier, and your ranged troops can see over the heads earlier?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Because the slope of the hill and the placement of the mortars can be messed up by this

Quote Originally Posted by Amonero View Post
    As vampire Counts, cheap skeletons are great for a speed bump. Two units can easily cover your entire front line, saving your Grave Guard from missile fire and charging Chaos Knights..

Any others?
    Massed Pistolier charge as Empire. "FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!"

Massed skeleton charge as Vampire Counts, followed behind with dedicated Grave Guard attack from sides and back. Skeletons since they have lock morale are perfect for pinning. Grave Guard are too valuable for such actions.

For Chaos? I mainly surge forward with Marauders using them to absorb cavalry and missile attacks while my Knights and Chosen selectively attack high priority targets or close in on enemy commander.

For Kislev, massed Chekist charge.

Orcs, are you fracking kidding me? This is the easiest faction for a reason...

High Elves, at start of battle group all into group 1 and then do a sorted double line with non missile troops in front. After that select all melee troops and extend the line so it connects with the cavalry wings leaving no gap and put melee and melee cavalry in guard mode. Let the enemy break themself on my "melee wall" and rain down a hurricane of arrows while they exhaust their numbers on my front. And then charge and shoot them down when they flee. When all enemy melee troops engage my own disengage guard mode and let the Elven sword wind find it's mark!