Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magna Mundi: The Game

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Magna Mundi: The Game

crossposted from the Paradox forums.

Yes.

The game to own them all is being developed since October. And we already have screenshots to show. Prepare for a new game using the same design philosophy as the Magna Mundi mod.

Tomorrow PARADOX will make the official announcement. Was given the greenlight to post this because the press was already informed.

Screenshots will be available... when I feel like it. Pretty soon, depending on my definition of soon.

Now, I'm heading for a presentation!

In the name of the Magna Mundi team, thank you very much for your preference. YOU made us level up!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Magna Mundi: The Game

So much for Ubik's constant denials on it.

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

MEIOU up next.
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Personally, MM is far too cluttered with events for my liking. The actual ideas of it are brilliant, but ubik tries to do too much with what's available. Given a clean slate, i'm sure his results will be impressive.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Your bunny is awesome.

Erm, whats Magna Mundi?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Erm, whats Magna Mundi?
    Love it
    Last edited by Yoda Twin; January 27, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

haha

So who is up for forming a team to mod MM the game back to vanillia?
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

hate MM

Should release it under the title Saw: The Game as its torture to play.

Also getting tired of Paradox packaging mods as games.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Thing is, it looked painful when I played it because I was getting spammed with events and modifiers every single day. Given that he's working with the engine rather than modifying a game, he can integrate all that. It should in theory be a lot smoother and a lot less complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Thing is, it looked painful when I played it because I was getting spammed with events and modifiers every single day. Given that he's working with the engine rather than modifying a game, he can integrate all that. It should in theory be a lot smoother and a lot less complicated.
    It could definitely be complicated with MM(the mod), and at first I hated the game. But once you play it for awhile it is insane how awesome it can be.
    Something you would take for granted in IN, like conquering Italy as Milan, was a game long feat and soemthing to be proud of. I have many more fond memories of MM than I do with normal EU3.

Hopefully that is the case.

I still think its silly that Paradox is becoming a company that is releasing mods as retail games. With most games in other genres they have a SDK where you get like that for free, like with the Source Engine.

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Hopefully that is the case.

I still think its silly that Paradox is becoming a company that is releasing mods as retail games. With most games in other genres they have a SDK where you get like that for free, like with the Source Engine.
    Counter strike, team fortress, Garies mod, Day of defeat.... (And that's only the source engine)
    If a mod is very popular, which MM is, there is a high chance of it becoming a commercial project. Also, this won't be just a modified EU3 but a totally new game based on the engine.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

like with the Source Engine.
    Worst example ever

Worst example ever
    Are you joking? I hope you are.

Promod is free and release through source SDK and its easily the best version of Counter-Strike and its quickly becoming the most popular form of online competition play in a shooter on PC.

I'm not talking about TF2 and garbage like that obviously.

The most quality online games are the free mods to games more often than not. Promod is an example of a mod that uses the full sdk to make a game. Other game mod are either hacked or partial conversions made from lack of an SDK like you see in EB for RTW.

Its annoying that companies want to get every time out of you in this decade for games. All of these mods used to be free, source engine is the ONLY sdk i've seen for shooters that is still like that.

Is Civilization 4 a better example for you? You dont have access to the hardcoded things still in that.

Simple Terms: ProMod is a total conversion of CS: Source using the source engine SDK. They do not charge for it. This MM however is a total conversion of EU3. We will be charged for it. Just like the two other total conversion mods they charge you for. At least TF2 is made by a company with people on a salary. That game is not really a mod but a retail game based on an engine. It even utilizes cell shading. It is beyond a TC. CS:S was the original source engine game. Saying that Source Engine is a bad example is a misinformed opinion considering how vastly different those games are from eachother.

This MM game better be VASTLY different than EU3. Their other two mods that they charge for are almost identical to the game they have modded in all aspects. I wouldn't even call them total conversions. These are all extremely similar to the original game. ALL the source games are VASTLY different.
    Last edited by Kanaric; February 07, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah I only play eu3 with mmg this should be good unlike hoi3 that was .

The mmg team are fans and gamers I hope they will put out something good good luck to them

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yadda yadda
    CSS, originally a mod, now retail.
    DoDS, originally a mod, now retail.
    Gary's mod, originally a mod, now retail.
    TF2, based on a mod.

All your blabbering about promod is besides the question. Do most mods go retail? No, especially not one that's just a rehash of a mod already gone retail.
    Does the Source Engine have several mods gone retail? Yes, ergo using the Source Engine to criticise a company (i.e. calling silly) for releasing a retail version of a mod IS about the worst example ever.
    Just because they've released an SDK doesn't change that they've released several mods as retail.

I'm not talking about TF2 and garbage like that obviously.
    I'm sorry but that instantly invalidates all your other points.

On that topic, most of Valves good games were simply overhauled mods! Why on earth is it such a bad thing that Paradox are also allowing modders to go one step further? It's a brilliant thing! You can still play the EU3 version of MM. They've either released or are going to release an HTTT version. What's the problem? The model of allowing modders to actually release a game doesn't prohobit simple modding of games!

This MM game better be VASTLY different than EU3. Their other two mods that they charge for are almost identical to the game they have modded in all aspects. I wouldn't even call them total conversions. These are all extremely similar to the original game. ALL the source games are VASTLY different.
    By modding EU3, they had to implement most things as events. Now, they can improve the interface, and intergrate those features into the game proper. It IS going to be vastly different from EU3.
    Last edited by Musthavename; February 08, 2010 at 04:42 AM.

Is MM the mod that basically makes it impossible to make a European continental empire?

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ojf View Post
    Is MM the mod that basically makes it impossible to make a European continental empire?
    *cough* An MMP Empire *cough*
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast