Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does any one use different skins?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Does any one use different skins?

Hmm, in that case I wonder why nobody posted alternate amazon skins, I would have liked to try them out
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Well, in a way, the ATW-Reignited (or ATW 5.0) is a re-skinned mod. Actually almost all the skins are re-touched, and many more created or integrated from contributors.
    Last edited by parthian shot; September 10, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moderator Emeritus

That's true, but I meant just the skins. I can't play the mod and from what I've seen the skins are really amusing. I'll try dl'ing a later patch of your mod and see if it works without the random&seemingly unprecedented problem I encountered earlier.
    Last edited by z3n; September 09, 2011 at 10:34 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Oh Dear! I thought we fix the problem already.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moderator Emeritus

na it happened again when I wasn't expecting it. It seems to work now (at least the first few battles I've played), after I used command prompt to unzip it.

Did you increase any graphical qualities of the game? Something seems to affect performance a small degree when playing on huge with and evreything max'd out...

Also do you think adding skins will interfere with it in any way?
    Last edited by z3n; September 10, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Can is still add hoplites of zeus, heavy scuttarii and macedon legionnair? Or are all slots used in the 6.0 i mod (and previous versions of 6.0)?

model slot in AmazonTW is almost full.

So the only thing i can do is just replacing their textures then? ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bgunter View Post
    Thanks for answers guys I like the ones in this mod to but just thinking about alittle variety, since i've never played an amazon mod for rome before. Think will stick with the mod ones espically since the ones i seen in the skin section the amazon model looked nice but the shield was cheesy to me. Don't think a female warrior society would have picture of nude women, and sec scenes on there shields going into battle lol.
    You should download subrosa's old mod then. Vanilla graphics n gaemplay; but some real good fun. Most of the Amazons wear armour (notice the gamerpic ) of a variety of types.

Amazonia-Greek style amazons
    Valkyrie-steppe barbarian style amazon
    gorgons-Desert warrior style amazons
    Bean Sidhe-Celtic barbarian style amazons

This mod is good, but my computer has problems when it comes to playing the RS battlemap and I get too many shadows (even if I turn them off). Then the game tends to lag. Vanilla with the bright colours has always IMO been the best for me for ease of play and no lag even on the biggest battles. Its also easier to tell where your units are. It may be more arcady and less cinematic but I never really minded since it plays so well.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    model slot in AmazonTW is almost full.
    I think you should try to cut some of the Amazon units. Pretty sure you yourself have said that 4/5th of the Amazon units have the word horse in them. Most vanilla factions only have five or six cavalry units at most including marius reforms n chariots. Most of them also fulfill very similar functions, essentially just horse archers/spear chuckers that can double as heavy cavalry. Don't get me wrong they all look great and some of them have lore reasons to be seperate like the Geothe priestess units. But it is a bit much to have around twice as many as the highest vanilla faction. If you cut it to the best and most essential units then you can free up tons of space for better or more exciting units. Really each Amazon faction should only have six cavalry units at most and three extra for the quests. I haven't counted the number you can get as Geothe or Thermadon but I'am pretty sure its a lot higher than that. Nine units is more than enough for the Amazons to earn the label cavalry army and making the cavalrys stats high enough has that effect anyway regardless of the actual number. Parthia only has three cavalry units in vanilla but is always used as one since Persian cavalry combo with cataphracts was really powerful due to those units stats.

For example Egypt a cavalry heavy vanilla faction
    Desert cav
    Nile cav
    Nubian cav
    Heavy chariots
    light chariots

or Seleucids

Milita cavalry
    Greek cavalry
    Scythed chariots
    Companion cavalry
    Cataphracts

BTW I know I'am leaving out Gen bodyguard and elephants since Amazons get them as well

Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar14 View Post
    I think you should try to cut some of the Amazon units. Pretty sure you yourself have said that 4/5th of the Amazon units have the word horse in them. Most vanilla factions only have five or six cavalry units at most including marius reforms n chariots. Most of them also fulfill very similar functions, essentially just horse archers/spear chuckers that can double as heavy cavalry. Don't get me wrong they all look great and some of them have lore reasons to be seperate like the Geothe priestess units. But it is a bit much to have around twice as many as the highest vanilla faction. If you cut it to the best and most essential units then you can free up tons of space for better or more exciting units. Really each Amazon faction should only have six cavalry units at most and three extra for the quests. I haven't counted the number you can get as Geothe or Thermadon but I'am pretty sure its a lot higher than that. Nine units is more than enough for the Amazons to earn the label cavalry army and making the cavalrys stats high enough has that effect anyway regardless of the actual number. Parthia only has three cavalry units in vanilla but is always used as one since Persian cavalry combo with cataphracts was really powerful due to those units stats.

For example Egypt a cavalry heavy vanilla faction
    Desert cav
    Nile cav
    Nubian cav
    Heavy chariots
    light chariots

or Seleucids

Milita cavalry
    Greek cavalry
    Scythed chariots
    Companion cavalry
    Cataphracts

BTW I know I'am leaving out Gen bodyguard and elephants since Amazons get them as well
    Wasn't it meant to be historically right. So i think the horse units are fine. BUT i also think they could delete or place them to a quest so it would be more interesting.
    Also the other factions should be altered to then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12