Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any one use different skins?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does any one use different skins?

This in no way is ment to say anything bad about this mod at all. I wanted to get that out of the way does anyone use any different skins for the amazons then what comes with the mod? I seen in the skin section there are a few different ones. Just wanting to get others thoughts on them.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Does any one use different skins?

I stick with the ones in the mod.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I stick with the ones in the mod.
    me too, it's what makes this mod unique

Thanks for answers guys I like the ones in this mod to but just thinking about alittle variety, since i've never played an amazon mod for rome before. Think will stick with the mod ones espically since the ones i seen in the skin section the amazon model looked nice but the shield was cheesy to me. Don't think a female warrior society would have picture of nude women, and sec scenes on there shields going into battle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bgunter View Post
    Thanks for answers guys I like the ones in this mod to but just thinking about alittle variety, since i've never played an amazon mod for rome before. Think will stick with the mod ones espically since the ones i seen in the skin section the amazon model looked nice but the shield was cheesy to me. Don't think a female warrior society would have picture of nude women, and sec scenes on there shields going into battle lol.
    You should download subrosa's old mod then. Vanilla graphics n gaemplay; but some real good fun. Most of the Amazons wear armour (notice the gamerpic ) of a variety of types.

Amazonia-Greek style amazons
    Valkyrie-steppe barbarian style amazon
    gorgons-Desert warrior style amazons
    Bean Sidhe-Celtic barbarian style amazons

This mod is good, but my computer has problems when it comes to playing the RS battlemap and I get too many shadows (even if I turn them off). Then the game tends to lag. Vanilla with the bright colours has always IMO been the best for me for ease of play and no lag even on the biggest battles. Its also easier to tell where your units are. It may be more arcady and less cinematic but I never really minded since it plays so well.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That was what Subrosa wanted, Amazons who looked like killers, not supermodels.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah some may not like it but I like how the amazons and everyone else still looks vanilla. Some may not like the shiny faction colours but that's something that I find helpful in a mod. For example, the Amazon auxilla, Amazon archer Auxillia and female galdiators fit in well with the vanilla Roman units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Each of the 4 Amazon civs have different looking skins, for the most part. The only ones that look more sexy than fierce are the Gorgon peasants. They look like tanned babes. The rest are all warriors. The Amazons are pike pushers, the Valkyries are axewomen and horsearchers. The Bean Sidh are swordswomen and charioteers. The Gorgons are kind of a mix of the Valkyries and something totally different. They get axes, elephants and heavy cav that double as HA. They also have the most difficult start too. Overall I think Subrosa made the 4 Amazon civs fairly balanced. The only thing they all have in common is your Generals are all Jav-Cav, which is good b/c you can use them as skirmishers. Embrace SubRosa's vision.

Lab

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

This is a very late reply but I use a different skin for the phalanx pikemen it's not very realistic but it looks better...Attachment 177649

Androktones's Avatar Foederatus

You might want to post a screenie Resef so everyone gets a look at them, interesting though.

Androktones

Moderator Emeritus

Icon1 Re: Does any one use different skins?

again...a late reply... but here they are

Moderator Emeritus

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]I noticed that the silver shield skin is in the background(2nd pic)
    if you want them here they are...& few other amazon total war worthy add ons..
    Last edited by z3n; October 23, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks! Resef,

What a treasure trove of stuff!

Always like to have different alternative to one build.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    I noticed that the silver shield skin is in the background(2nd pic)
    if you want them here they are...& few other amazon total war worthy add ons..
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moderator Emeritus

some more skins
    Last edited by z3n; September 07, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Moderator Emeritus

pic of Macedonian legionaries (reached max file upload in original post)
    Last edited by z3n; September 08, 2011 at 09:14 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Androktones's Avatar Foederatus

Woot! Glad to see you took my advice. Very nice looking skins, thanks for posting them.

Androktones

Moderator Emeritus

No problem...fyi some of it might not work with atw.
    Last edited by z3n; September 08, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I can add them to the next release if you gives me your permission.

Do need to find out their intended factions as well as their tactical setting.

We are down to three model space left, so there might be need to use these as replacement models for the old model. The ATW ones were tested and only have few errors.

I am totally open to suggestion as well as consensus.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moderator Emeritus

I would love to see them used in atw

Intended Factions: Assyrian foot soldiers for Egypt or Seleucid or both they act as 2nd-3rd tier units & gaisciochger are the warriors of donar (independant celts? gaul/germanic in rtw) so they should be recruited in the temple_of_governors (sacred grove of donar gaul).

the rest of the units are self-explanatory.

How to add these units into amazon total war place the .cas file in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\models_unit and the tga.dds in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\models_unit\Textures (create a Textures folder if there is not already one there)

Now add the rest of the relevant data into the C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\amazon\data

Some units may not be compatible with ATW 5.0 because of the changes to DOM
    Last edited by z3n; September 08, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Moderator Emeritus

I added zeus hoplites, black armoured hoplites, phalanx reskin & assyrian foot soldiers so those can all work without a problem inside of the mod however I can't tell you about the rest of them.
    Last edited by z3n; September 08, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast