Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bug/Suggestion Thread

Default Bug/Suggestion Thread

As it is Beta, there can be bugs or things, that can be done in a better way.

1) There is no description for Ashigaru with bow, there is follow under the icon: ''Unlocalised placement text - 200 koku".

2) Not bug, but a suggestion - to remove blood from unit's cards, it is difficult to understand what is that unit and what it has in it's arms. And if it is red unit's colour it becomes into one red spot.

3) Have such a problem (Attach #1) for all units for any battles.
    Last edited by Wundai; January 21, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bug/Suggestion Thread

BUGS KNOWN/REMARKS KNOWN:

-ERROR: Unit .cas files cant be found (HOTFIX will fix this)

-No Description for Ashigaru with bow (next Version)

-Removing blood from unit cards (Matter of taste, needs more input)

-Teppo Rifles sounds as bow (problem is known to us, we have not changed this yet, because the rifle thing has hardcoded issues, its for after the beta)

-Changing directories in the .exe file (change it accordingly to the setup of your computer, everyones OS and folders are different )

-Custom battles should be playable with hotfix installed

-River at Kawanakajima HB can be crossed

-IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you have the latest patch of your game version installed! (BI Patch 1.6)

HOTFIX Install instructions:

Put both files in the SHOGUN_NEW/data folder, and overwrite any older files if your computer asks.

-Please be sure to rename your modfolder BACK to SHOGUN_NEW (this is for the people who renamed their mod names to SHOGUN, this worked for the units maybe, but all buildings are still named to SHOGUN_NEW, so After this hotfix please rename your folder back to SHOGUN_NEW and everyyhing concerning missing file should be fine.)
    Last edited by Wundai; January 24, 2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: ADDING HOTFIX

So, and what to do now?

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Can you answer my question please

I saw 5 errors: both teppos, yari ashigaru, yari cavalary, monks with naginata, after that i decided to stop trying and to post.
    Yes, even with historic.
    Last edited by Svyatoslav; January 20, 2010 at 09:02 AM.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Thanks.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

I have not been able to get the mod running at all. I don't have the error message thingy on so I dont know what's wrong but I'm guessing its the same as Svyatoslav.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Svyatoslav View Post
    As it is Beta, there can be bugs or things, that can be done in a better way.

1) There is no description for Ashigaru with bow, there is follow under the icon: ''Unlocalised placement text - 200 koku".

2) Not bug, but a suggestion - to remove blood from unit's cards, it is difficult to understand what is that unit and what it has in it's arms. And if it is red unit's colour it becomes into one red spot.

3) Have such a problem (Attach #1) for all units for any battles.

Regarding 3), why don't you try to rename the folder SHOGUN_NEW (as it comes out of the rar file) to plain SHOGUN and run the game again? It worked for me...

PS: very nice work... I just hope to see the campaign soon!

To justme: it really works, thank you.

New bug: teppo sounds like bow.
    Last edited by Svyatoslav; January 20, 2010 at 01:40 PM.

Renaming the folder to "SHOGUN" also worked for me, but I also had to change more on the .exe because my R:TW was not in an "Activision" but in a "The Creative Assembly" Folder plus I've had to change program files to "program files (x86)" due to W7.

Perhaps some others could handle this with these informations.

Also, like Svyatoslav, the Ashigaru bowmen have no description and teppos sound like bowmen.

To the blood design: I would also think that a little less blood would be better, but I don't think that it's that important.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I tried playing single player custom battle and I got an error. I also tried playing the Historic battles without success.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

I also have soem ashigaru and teppo 3d model does not exists i get a ctd every time i try to do a custom battle and i have some errors that pop up about missing files.... and yes ive read the instructions and falowed them so im pretty sure i installed it correctly.

edit: i got it to work with a little modding

and so far its good, but i do think you should cut down on the blood on the unit cards
    Last edited by Templar Knight; January 20, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Nizam89's Avatar Ducenarius

I can play all historical battles after renaming the "SHOGUN_NEW" folder to "SHOGUN".
    But i can't play any costum battles.
    "I warn every animal on this farm to keep his eyes very wide open."
    Pig Schwatzwutz
    NASA's biggest blunder was not having Neil Armstrong say, " That's one small step for man,....hey, that looks like gold!"

For me it just does'nt work. I tryed to install everything over again and again but nothing. I also have the show error line on and it does not even show any errors. Vista just says that the game has stopped running. I'll try to download again. Oh and renaming the folder did'nt help.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Ok I'm uploading the HOTFIX for the biggest problems now, please rename your folders back to SHOGUN_NEW after you have installed the hotfix.
    Last edited by Wundai; January 21, 2010 at 01:17 AM.

Default Re: Bug/Suggestion Thread(HOTFIX Available)

i would suggest removing the red blood layer from the unit cards, it makes it hard to see which unit is which, if you know what i mean =\
    and the arrows on the keyboard, instead of making it fully spin like shogun, wouldnt it be better if the arrows (left, right, up, down) do what it did in rome total war?
    its hard navigating units when the arrows go circle (left , right)

thanks

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for the input xter,

But camera settings are RTW stuff not Ran No Jidai mate, try changing your camera in "Game Settings" , we did not alter these settings.

Few things as a feedback.
    I did get the mod to work. For some weird reason I get it started if I start it from the Ran no jidai beta.exe strait in the Rome totalwar folder. If I make a shortcut to the desktop it CTD:s before even starting.
    For atleast me it seems very very unstable but it is beta so it's not a big deal.
    Also I don't have the custom battles working even after installing the hotfix. I still don't get any reports and it does not CTD on custom battles. It just returns to the custom battle screen where you choose the faction that you want to play after making your army. In other words. Main menu -> Custom battle -> Choose the terrain and other battle options -> Choose the faction-> Greate army -> Choose the faction-> nothing.
    I tryed this with warious different factions and units but it just does not work on anything.

As I have not played custom battles I don't know what the unitsizes will be in reality but for atleast in historical battles that work for me the unitzise is just way too small. I'm not sure if it's historically accurate or not but atleast for me it's not enjoyable but rather dissapointing. When theres only some 30 men on ashigary unit it's just... well you get the picture.

Edit:Oh and on the positive side of things. Otherwice this mod is everything I have dreamed of for the last 5 years.
    Last edited by Musashi; January 21, 2010 at 03:38 AM.

Thank you, Wundai - hotfix works.

Some new bugs:

1) I can't cross a river at the Kawanakajima.
    2) Anjo battle (castle is great, really well done): all 3 armies are signed as non-playable.
    3) A secret of Tokugawa's victories is revealed now, according to desription: "Limited selection of ROMAN units, plus local elite forces". Those cunning velites with equites are watching Tokugawa's enemies)
    Last edited by Svyatoslav; January 21, 2010 at 04:13 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast