Thread: Kingdoms 1.5 Patch Help

Default Kingdoms 1.5 Patch Help

Heya, I'm having a problem with patching my Medieval 2: Gold Edition Kingdoms to 1.5, I had to install the game on another computer due to mine not recognizing the CD Drive. I did this with Empires: Total War and it had no problems working, so I do not think that this is an issue.

The problem is once I run the Kingdoms 1.5 patch's setup, it says that Medieval 2 is not installed, I have tried many versions of the patch (That is US Gold, US Non-Gold and UK Gold)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Kingdoms 1.5 Patch Help

Uninstall the game, delete the folders, run a registry cleaner, disable the UAC, and install in C:\Games.

Now try it.

Hey thanks for the tip, before I do that I have a question. When installing Medieval 2: Gold Edition does it install anything to the My Documents folder or something like that, I believe that may be the problem as I didn't think of looking through that.

If you and I cannot find it, I will try what you have suggested. Thanks.

If you are using XP, no.

If you are using Vista or 7, UAC enabled, appdata/virtual store.

All right, I tried looking for the folder/file in Appdata, but I do not know the name of it. Can you tell me the name of it, and will it fix the error? I also forgot to say that due to me being unable to use discs I am trying to use a No CD Key.

I get an unspecified error when I try to run the game with a No CD key, I'm unsure about whether it's the No CD patch or the fact that I may have missed some files, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Halt View Post
    All right, I tried looking for the folder/file in Appdata, but I do not know the name of it. Can you tell me the name of it, and will it fix the error? I also forgot to say that due to me being unable to use discs I am trying to use a No CD Key.

I get an unspecified error when I try to run the game with a No CD key, I'm unsure about whether it's the No CD patch or the fact that I may have missed some files, or something like that.
    OK, let me just jump in here before irishron closes this thread. Why can't you use discs? Do you own a legal copy of the game or is there some sort of hardware issue that prevents you from using the discs?

A no-CD crack could easily be the source of your problems with this game. Try using the discs if you can. When this thread is closed come back and give us good info on your problem and try the legal route. Good luck!

EDIT: I just re-read your post and see that you do have tech issues with your system. Are the M2 discs the only discs you have problems with or do you have trouble with all discs? More info on your optical drive would help. Thanks!
    Last edited by PoleCat; January 21, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

PoleCat said it, and I have to. Cracks are illegal. Go buy a new copy of the game if you have to. If you don't, the copy protection will nail you everytime.

Closed.

Laetus

Could anyone help. I've bought the Med 2 Gold Edition in Australia. I've got an XP and I'm on administrator. Tried the UK & US patches. Still not working.
    Any ideas???

Those are the only two I've read to work in Australia. What language is on the box itself?