Thread: Play as United States in Grand Campaign

Default Play as United States in Grand Campaign

I am really sorry for posting this question, but I have searched for two days straight and seen numerous references about this with no actual mod existing.

What I am looking for specifically: Playing as the United States in the Grand Campaign starting in 1700. That's all, not 1783, not in some customized fashion, just plain ole US. Yes, I know it isn't historically accurate, yes I know the 13 Colonies are there. I can't revolt with the 13 Colonies and become the US, the game just ends, I've tried. I don't want some giant mod that changes everything about the game, I just want one little thing.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Play as United States in Grand Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by DaBiggman View Post
    I am really sorry for posting this question, but I have searched for two days straight and seen numerous references about this with no actual mod existing.

What I am looking for specifically: Playing as the United States in the Grand Campaign starting in 1700. That's all, not 1783, not in some customized fashion, just plain ole US. Yes, I know it isn't historically accurate, yes I know the 13 Colonies are there. I can't revolt with the 13 Colonies and become the US, the game just ends, I've tried. I don't want some giant mod that changes everything about the game, I just want one little thing.

Any help is deeply appreciated.
    Why not grab a late start campaign mod and change the date from 1783 to 1700 and remove the techs that start researched?

That is probably going to be the easiest way to accomplish what you are looking for, since I assume your posting in the Mod workshop means you want to mod it yourself.

If you are looking for someone to make the mod for you then you would be better off posting in the Mod Recommendation thread!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246170

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; January 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Oh, thank you very much. I was wondering if the Mod already existed because I've seen numerous posts of that nature. If not I'll have to post there.

Thanks for the help!

Oh, thank you very much. I was wondering if the Mod already existed because I've seen numerous posts of that nature. If not I'll have to post there.

Thanks for the help!
    No problem -- there isn't a 1700 start for the US that I have seen, yet.

As often as I've seen it asked for I am amazed no one has made on yet!

Seems odd. I've also been having trouble finding anything on custom campaign maps. If I knew how to mod it I would, it just seems silly to me for all that "blank" territory to exist and nothing being done with it. I found one article on a World Map but it seems to be dead.

Seems odd. I've also been having trouble finding anything on custom campaign maps. If I knew how to mod it I would, it just seems silly to me for all that "blank" territory to exist and nothing being done with it. I found one article on a World Map but it seems to be dead.
    Yeah, it's a real shame but, so far, the campaign map for Empire is unmoddable.

Well, I found out that they used the blank land in the Americas for Warpath, so I am left to the assumption it was done on purpose to pump people for cash. I also find it sad that they didn't include the new land in the classic GC. Well, maybe while I'm gone for a year playing Army something will be done because I'm not touching NTW

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Why would you want to start at 1700 with the US?? maybe if you wanted to start as the 13 colonies then that would be understandable, but starting at 1700 is just stupid.

Why don't you get one of the late campaign mods, or even better the TAR mod, and set it so you have 300 or so turns per year, with the turns editor.
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

hmmm starting in 1783 with usa and changing the calendar to 1700 isnt really that fun, (well...not for me) a lot of things change. On the other hand wt u could do (like i did) is to first:

1. make 13 colonies playable (there is a mod for "unlock all factions...")
    2. Start with 13 colonies and force the population to rebel, and let the USA forces take over the provinces (leave one for urself...any).
    3. Once USA takes these provinces, save the game.
    4. Open ESFeditor and make a hybrid, if u dont know how to...use this link- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139 there is an explanation somewhere at the end....credits go to husserlTW..of course.
    5. then make USA a playable faction ....that same link explains how to... and the campaing should start like in 1702 or 1703 without much change to the world map (if any at all) but if u want u can change the date to 1700.

Thank you, Because I've seen multiple posts of that kind, I was wondering if the Mod already existed. Otherwise, I'll have to make a post there. while the Character was wearing long sleeve thermal shirts in there.